Show us yer film shots then!

The first one is stunning.

Agreed, that first one is superb :D

testing a NIKON Series 'E' 28mm f2.8 and the MICRO-NIKKOR 55mm f2.8 on a Gift' FE from a 90 year old Fellow Camera Club Member who gave me loads of stuff prior to moving to N . Ireland. The Black Paint FM body needed all the 'Brassing ' touched up with Humbro Satin Black, and both FE and FM seals were rotten.
Series E test
Series E lens Test 04 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Micro-Nikkor test
FE 55mm Micro-Nikkor 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Series E test
Series E lens Test 03 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Micro-Nikkor Test
FE 55mm Micro-Nikkor 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
FILM was outdated 'Fuji Surveicolor 400' cut from a bulk tin and rated 100 ASA
Nikon FM with Micro-Nikkor by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Nikon FE with Series E 28mm f2.8 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Going to blame @FishyFish for sending me the Canon sureshot Supreme... as I decided to try the Canon sureshot Ace to see what it could do too, so found one cheap on 'that site'...
Still not convinced with the Fuji x-press C41 though.

That sure resembles some sort of Medieval corporal punishment? ...Perhaps it a 'relief' option from this Covid BS? o_O:exit::help::LOL::LOL:

The 90 year old Club Member who gave me the NIKONS also gave me an Asahi Pentax Spotmatic -F then contacted me saying he had found 'another lens' I could have -- it was a 'Super Multicoated Takumar 35mm f3.5 ' little 'Jewell ' of a lens so i went out today taking some boring 'Brickwork shots' of Buildings testing resolution at full aperture but got this Bloke + Dog at full aperture in Brentwood High Street 1/500th @ f3.5 on KB14 processed in home-made ID11 Formula 1+3 for 8.5 mins @ 20oC
SP F SMC 35mm f3.5  Tests.jpg

It looks like no one told them it finished in 1945 and they're checking there's no invasion fleet coming! ;)
To be fair to them there was a pirate ship that would occasionally sail up and down. Perhaps they were keeping lookout for it attempting to put marauders ashore.

Although they could have just walked to the harbour and witnessed them all getting on and off there. :)

I was given some unperforated film... ASP 400s. 150ft of it!.
I removed the sprocket thing from a spare bulk loader to bulk roll it. I've tried a number of cameras, a Canon EOS10 and a Ricoh XR7.
I developed it for the time and dilution for XP2 400 in HC110.
For this test roll I used the EOS10 and shot it at 400 ISO, using a 35-70 lens.

Last edited:
This photo for me is in equal parts intriguing and infuriating as each time I look at it I don't know what he's looking at :LOL:

G1, 45mm
HP5
Curious by Andrew Roberts, on Flickr

On one of those trellis grid squares there was a ball that has been edited out of the picture. Simply mark the picture with a cross centred on the position of the missing ball to win a cash prize.

On one of those trellis grid squares there was a ball that has been edited out of the picture. Simply mark the picture with a cross centred on the position of the missing ball to win a cash prize.

Okay so I've found it on Google maps and the building above doesn't look too different to what we can see here so I can only assume that there was something temporary that was worth looking at whilst riding a moving bike :LOL: perhaps a UFO or a Dad's for Justice climber, I guess we'll never know

My guess would be that he was looking for a street name to verify he was in the right place for his delivery? Or, he spotted you and just didn't want his picture taken! :LOL:

I was given some unperforated film... ASP 400s. 150ft of it!.
I removed the sprocket thing from a spare bulk loader to bulk roll it. I've tried a number of cameras, a Canon EOS10 and a Ricoh XR7.
I developed it for the time and dilution for XP2 400 in HC110.
For this test roll I used the EOS10 and shot it at 400 ISO, using a 35-70 lens.

Love these Lee, great rurality theme running through them and the muted monochrome tones work really well. The first is my favourite, bull all are engaging and well seen.

Thanks Andy and Nige.

I'd cycled through Culross many a time but this was the first time we'd visited just for the sake of it. Incredibly picturesque wee village (was used for filming for Outlander, especially inside Culross Palace), but it was difficult to get any decent shots as there were cars parked everywhere!

Thanks Andy and Nige.

I'd cycled through Culross many a time but this was the first time we'd visited just for the sake of it. Incredibly picturesque wee village (was used for filming for Outlander, especially inside Culross Palace), but it was difficult to get any decent shots as there were cars parked everywhere!

I started doing something similar, I'm not a hardcore cyclist but found myself cycling through some lovely countryside too quickly so I decided to start walking instead. I also have issues with hayfever and my inner ear which affects balance which is fine until you're huffing and puffing trying to stay upright on a bike :LOL:

Which lens are you using on your F80 Steven? I have a fondness of Nikon AF cameras, but tend to use quite modern lenses on my F90 as I have them for a d******l camera so get fairly modern looking images (if that makes sense) so I was half contemplating something a little older to complete the 90s nostalgia. I did used to own an 85mm 1.4D which was really really nice but went when I stopped shooting professionally, 85mm not being a particularly much used focal length for myself :)

I started doing something similar, I'm not a hardcore cyclist but found myself cycling through some lovely countryside too quickly so I decided to start walking instead. I also have issues with hayfever and my inner ear which affects balance which is fine until you're huffing and puffing trying to stay upright on a bike :LOL:

Which lens are you using on your F80 Steven? I have a fondness of Nikon AF cameras, but tend to use quite modern lenses on my F90 as I have them for a d******l camera so get fairly modern looking images (if that makes sense) so I was half contemplating something a little older to complete the 90s nostalgia. I did used to own an 85mm 1.4D which was really really nice but went when I stopped shooting professionally, 85mm not being a particularly much used focal length for myself :)

It's just the kit lens that came with the camera AF-S 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF. The F80 was bought as a replacement for my F50 (I think) which got ruined when I took it on a camel ride through the Sahara! It was way before I really "got into" photography.
Over the last couple of weeks using it I did contemplate getting the 50mm and 85mm f1.8, but as my Oly M-1 is now back from repair I've opted to get 2 new lenses for that instead. (Vivitar (Komine) 28mm f/2.8 Close Focus and Vivitar Series 1 (Bokina) 90mm Macro f2.5, both incoming...)

Last edited:
It's just the kit lens that came with the camera AF-S 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF. The F80 was bought as a replacement for my F50 (I think) which got ruined when I took it on a camel ride through the Sahara! It was way before I really "got into" photography.
Over the last couple of weeks using it I did contemplate getting the 50mm and 85mm f1.8, but as my Oly M-1 is now back from repair I've opted to get 2 new lenses for that instead. (Vivitar (Komine) 28mm f/2.8 Close Focus and Vivitar Series 1 (Bokina) 90mm Macro f2.5, both incoming...)

If you're going to break a camera you may as well have a good story as to how it happened :)

24-85mm would be a handy range to be honest, I may keep on the lookout for a good deal but I'm not using it as much anymore since getting a different camera back in May!

Cosina CLS + Zeiss Jena Tessar
Kentmere100, Ilfosol3

I visit this bench a few times a week on a regular walk in the local park. I take pictures most times. I have been testing for a look that gives it some extra interest.
This day was not great conditions (too much foliage in the trees), it might be good as the leaves fall.

But... this might be the lens for the look I want.. I think this is at f2.8.

bench2Jul.jpg

Last edited:
Some frames from the Radix then, a cute little rapid cassette camera with issue surrounding the way it cares for film stock... FP4, Tetenal25:1 @ 10 mins

Not sure where the crap is from tbh unless the cartridges are full of dust, they have been blown out though so will live with it. Pretty sure it's not the old film stock as the last length shot did not have the same problems - anyway, kind of liking the "ruined" effect, "old-new-film" anyone?

P7080181.JPG

P7080183.JPG

P7080187.JPG

P7080189.JPG

Last edited:
Some frames from the Radix then, a cute little rapid cassette camera with issue surrounding the way it cares for film stock... FP4, Tetenal25:1 @ 10 mins

Not sure where the crap is from tbh unless the cartridges are full of dust, they have been blown out though so will live with it. Pretty sure it's not the old film stock as the last length shot did not have the same problems - anyway, kind of liking the "ruined" effect, "old-new-film" anyone?

View attachment 323762

View attachment 323763

View attachment 323764

View attachment 323765
Very nice vintage look there Arthur

Back