Show us yer film shots then!

AvsOT4.jpg

iSOpWa.jpg

Taken on a dull afternoon back in March, a scene arguably better suited to the cleanness of digital (I used my phonecam to good effect, posted at the time in General/B&W), or MF using something like Acros. I struggled somewhat with distortion on the zoom lens too. A favourite spot for fine art LE photographers, but I'm going for low-art grunge!

Nikon F3
Nikkor 28-85 F3.5-4.5 Ai-S
Ilford HP5+/Perceptol 1+3

I put the last roll from my first attempt at bulk loading (a 25 foot roll of Exeter Pan XX 400) into the Asahi Pentax S3 which has been sitting unused on a shelf since I bought it a few months ago. I know the higher speeds are way off but 1/60 and 1/125 are reasonably accurate so thought it was time to try it out so took the dog for a walk along Fairlie sea-front on a sunny day.
IMG_2023-09-10-200230.jpeg
Exeter Pan XX 400
Super-Takumar 55mm f/1.8
Asahi Pentax S3
Bellini Euro HC semi-stand developed for 90mins
(Unofficial) dilution M 1+250

Last edited:
While carrying out some tidying up on my computer I discovered a folder of 90+ scanned slides, scanned in 2008, which I hadn't post processed. Here is a small selection.

Front door of a masonic hall somewhere in London. Holborn rings a bell. Not sure of the camera or type of slide film.

1695038903548.jpeg

Zenit B, lens? Orwochrome, Banff, July 1974. Just bought my first polarising filter!

78_Slides_019.jpg

Yashica FR1, GAF 500, Royal Brine Baths, Stafford, 1975, demolished not long after.

106_Slides_021.jpg

While carrying out some tidying up on my computer I discovered a folder of 90+ scanned slides, scanned in 2008, which I hadn't post processed. Here is a small selection.

Front door of a masonic hall somewhere in London. Holborn rings a bell. Not sure of the camera or type of slide film.

View attachment 401568

Zenit B, lens? Orwochrome, Banff, July 1974. Just bought my first polarising filter!

View attachment 401569

Yashica FR1, GAF 500, Royal Brine Baths, Stafford, 1975, demolished not long after.

View attachment 401570
Love the third one.

Still using my BELLINI E6 kit I tried a bit of 35mm Fuji RDP 100 in a 'Home-Made 1st Developer' and increased the COLOUR Developer to a 'Guessed' 7.5 mins instead of 6.5 mins for 'used' as it was quite Brownish -- the D Max was LOW and there was some weird Grain ( ? Reticulation ? ) but I got a set and corrected the Colour scans in FastStone Image Viewer -- CAMERA was my OLYMPUS OM-2n which was given to Son years ago by a Widow Lady and as he never USES it I 'took it over' -- I HAD tried my OLYMPUS Spot Program BUT I think the Electronics have finally GONE even with new batteries. I have now DUMPED that kit !
G-Zuiko Auto-S 50mm f1.4
Left Alone ! by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
On Phone as Usual by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Zuiko Auto-Zoom 75mm -150mm f4
Collision Course ? by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Lady Chat by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Window, St Thomas Church by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
I quite like the contrast level, particularly in the satined glass windows.
That said, I like stained glass colours.

Great stuff.
Perfect exposure and colour balance.
I guess Arundel lane is not in Arundel.

You're correct. It's in Sheffield. There are a few streets with the Arundel name in the vicinity.

I really like that.
I guess it would have been cool in colour too.
I think you're right although, oddly, I can't remember what colour the design actually is! I think I must've switched my brain to a monochrome setting when I took the picture. :)

Walk around Central Park CHELMSFORD again this time with Mamiya C220 and 203 outdated Fuji Provia 100F which I Home-Processed
135mmf4.5 Sekors
2023-08-23-0004.jpg
80mm f2.8 Sekors
2023-08-23-0001.jpg
2023-08-23-0003.jpg
ADMIRAL'S PARK a Continuation of Central Park
80mm f2.8 Sekors
2023-08-23-0007.jpg
2023-08-23-0008.jpg

I like that a lot.
It may be my monitor but it might need a bit more contrast.
It's a great shot, please don't take offence.

Thank you, Tony, absolutely no offence taken, I'm always up for crit.

I recalibrated my screen and it was running very slightly dark, but reviewing it I think the contrast is about where I want it. I always work closely with the histogram in PS, so even if the calibration is slightly out I'm usually pretty much on the mark. As it is the sky is just clipping through the trees at the centre, and I've adjusted the original (I haven't reposted) to pull the left hand slider in by 2 points. There is now some slight clipping on the blacks in the bottom LHS, but that's ok.

I think I might try a wet print of this when I get a moment, as it didn't actually need a huge amount of processing in PS.

Been there, know that feeling! I comfort myself with the thought that it's very character building.
Kinda is, makes me realise I'm not giving too much though before taking a picture! Not putting me off in any way, but makes me more stubborn.
Being 'out there' is what matters IMO
Thx!
That's so true, even more important than composition, gear or weather.

Nice shot and also nice to know that someone here also uses a Konica camera and lenses, but anyone thinking of a getting a Konica camera would advise not to get the latest ones e.g. FT1 and FS1 etc
I would agree that the motorised FT1 and FS1 are best avoided unless spectacularly cheap Brian, but my FC-1(s) were still working last time I tried them. One of them is actually sat on the shelf inside my photo gear cupboard and stares me in the face every time I open the door, so you've prompted me to load one with a roll of Kentmere 100 that I have to try. :pics:

I would agree that the motorised FT1 and FS1 are best avoided unless spectacularly cheap Brian, but my FC-1(s) were still working last time I tried them. One of them is actually sat on the shelf inside my photo gear cupboard and stares me in the face every time I open the door, so you've prompted me to load one with a roll of Kentmere 100 that I have to try. :pics:
Well Peter AAMOI.........The problem with those ones (from an expert erm not me) is the tracks, for the meter (forgotten what else it does), are on flexible plastics and the connection is by pressing the tracks together with a clamp WTF....the expert said "unclamped them and clean the tracks" h'mm tried that on two FT1s and didn't work for me :( and my FS1 meter works now and again :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back