Show us yer film shots then!

And this is from a roll of film I found while I was tidying up recently, as the leader was still stuck out I assumed it was new..... imagine my suprise when I developed it (colour film in Rodinal) when it had a load of photos I didn't recognise at first!! It was a couple of pictures of an ex girlfriend that jogged my memory.... I must have shot this roll 15 years ago, now the odd thing is the stuff I shot over the top of it hardly came out. Anyway, I figure this is Southport Airshow, circa about 1995.... ish... maybe :)

5247283737_d43226a3b5_b.jpg

FM2n - 50mm F2 - Pulled Tri-X in Rodinal (for grain/effect)

Shy

Collector.jpg

Al

And this is from a roll of film I found while I was tidying up recently, ..................

there's a thread here somewhere about a man who develops old film found in old cameras he buys....most interesting

and a little bizarre to see those images captured so long ago

there's a thread here somewhere about a man who develops old film found in old cameras he buys....most interesting

and a little bizarre to see those images captured so long ago

I can understand why he does it... it'd be quite interesting I think.

There's often exposed film for sale on Ebay.. no indication of what might be on it, and usually at a higher price than new film.

A few months ago I went around my house just looking for undeveloped films, found 1 in the bottom of a one of my drawers and 2 in a cupboard in the office thats filled with assorted photography stuff from over the years, pictures from years ago, a couple of 35mm compacts, a very old video camera etc. Plus I've got one that I got out of an ME Super that was donated by along with a whole load of seriously nice camera stuff by someone at the charity shop where I did some work for a while. I was actually able to get a fairly nice Hannimex 80 - 200mm M42 zoom and set of 2/3x variable teleconverters for £10 as the shop manager just asked me to name what I thought was a good price!

I keep meaning to get them developed, thanks for reminding me! I've got absolutely no idea whats on any of them

I don't think I'd pay much money for exposed film but it's quite fun to develop it when you don't know what's going to be on it.

Here's a few taken with the Voigtlander VF101 I got from Ujjwal. I think they were taken on Fuji Superia but not 100% sure.

5264531354_ef3040f203_o.jpg

No 1 Rue d'Awachenin
5263922269_acf96afe32_o.jpg

5263922033_ec7bdbe256_o.jpg

5264529592_f71eb174c1_o.jpg

5263920477_7760a58906_o.jpg

5264528594_94be33023a_o.jpg

Thanks for looking

Cheers

Andy

Some shots through the Dynax 505si Super. Taken on Rollei Digibase CN200 Pro, an unusual film thats colour negative but without an orange mask so it makes scanning and making traditional black and white prints easy supposedly. Got it with the camera when Ujjwal sent it to me, even he didn't know what the film was, he thought it was a C-41 process black and white as it came with a load of other film from AG Photographic, the film canister doesn't exactly say much on it. Although these don't show it as their fairly low res, it is quite grainy even though its only ISO 200. Could be the perfect film for crossprocessing in E-6 chems though as theres no orange mask so technically a reversal should come out.

Fountain 1 (When it was just starting to get quite cold)

Fountain 2 (When the snow was coming down and it was seriously cold)

Pylons 1

Pylons 2

Testing out multi spot metering, I took a spot reading for the highlights off the clouds, a shadow reading off the ivy bathed in shadow and a midtone reading off the roof slates then averaged the shutter speed values. I think it came out alright, perhaps just overdid it on the shadows a bit.

The initial light snow in Nottingham before it really came down. I used a +1.5 stop exposure compensation to ensure the snow came out white but perhaps did it a little too much as the sky's overexposed.

What do you think of these?

Last edited:
Taken in my garden in the summer with my little Nikon EM and 5 year OOD Konica Centuria 200Asa.

64870029a.jpg

A couple of shots from some Legacy Pro 400 pushed to 1600 Dev'd in FD10 for around 22 mins at 1+4

67785921.jpg

15314319.jpg

99195814.jpg

60152258.jpg

Scans are a little messy, im trying to get into a street style for a project on my A level course.

Last edited:
some nice shots there andy

been said before, mate - you dont have to repost the whole lot for a simple comment

causes havoc with slow download connections ...thanks

just got me an old scanner - so I can join in a bit :)

an old one I took for a college project

5273441099_939866366e_z.jpg

Taken in my garden in the summer with my little Nikon EM and 5 year OOD Konica Centuria 200Asa....

very nice - are they called "Paradise" or something......:thinking:

got an EM off eBay, and found a motor-drive and new ER case too
a viable alternative to lugging the DSLR about I think
needs new seals - so that's my winter DIY

Shot with either my Nikon F100, now sold or Konica FS1. Film would have been whatever was cheap, iso 200 probably.
I know the scans are a bit poor - believe it or not they were done at the local lab - but it doesn't really worry me, I have a DSLR I paid a lot of money for when I want perfection.

film-1-1.jpg

film-2.jpg

film-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
very nice - are they called "Paradise" or something......:thinking:

got an EM off eBay, and found a motor-drive and new ER case too
a viable alternative to lugging the DSLR about I think
needs new seals - so that's my winter DIY

They are Passion flowers, I had hundreds flower over the summer.
I did not bother with a motor drive for my EM as I wanted to stay as light as possible and the series E 50mm lens is just a little dream, I changed my seals in the summer when I got the camera, nice simple job.(y)

I plan on doing a project on overpasses at night on b&w film so I converted these to b&w to see what the final outcome might look like..

img516.jpg

img528.jpg

img523.jpg

img530.jpg

img533.jpg

img531.jpg

The last one is very interesting Liam, the gap-toothed house roof-line could almost be icicles.

Really like those shots Liam, nice interesting curves, I was planning on doing a similar thing when I had time, as we have plenty of motorways in and around PT.

Thanks for the comments, Sean it seems cardiff only has two overpasses so I might need to make a trip to Port Talbot! :D

Considering the M4 rips right through the town I have left it criminally un-photographed, there's plenty of abstract stuff to be found on the underside too, Due to the compromise they had squeezing it in there are some interesting supports etc.

This is the only one I can find, I really need to spend some time looking around.

44340001.jpg

Couple from my last K64 Roll...This roll was a bit of a fail, but I'm quite happy with my first roll, I really need to get a slide projector!

50275423.jpg

84103352.jpg

50509384.jpg

70620013.jpg

Last edited:
Portra 800 is a great winter film :)
5268426115_f26dd01abf_b.jpg

5269036416_1b0288c720_b.jpg

5268425597_9cb3979983_b.jpg

:D

Back