Show us yer film shots then!

More from that roll of Delta 400
PentaxMESuperM50F14IlfordDelta40014.jpg

Porta 400VC packs quite a punch, I don't appear to have shot any skin on this roll so I reserve judgement but it really is quite vibrant without looking ridiculous.
Not much grain for 400 speed print film either..:)

2d778tv.jpg

25gwkqs.jpg

m8llsh.jpg

First shots with the EOS 600 and a roll of Kodacolour 200

Port Talbot
6057985073_a5c62c3c1a_o.jpg

Nice one, knew before i read the title where that was, I see that skyline every day!

It seems to be a bit pixelated though, is it a crop?

A nice viewpoint though, It looks drab enough to be an average Port Talbot shot!

Here's one of mine similar view but down on the beach, where were you when you took yours, looks like you were just as far away but at a longer focal length?

Canon EF Ektar 100 exposed at 400 tesco processing and scan... (None of the failures were intentional...)
5299519229_b15c4449d9_o.jpg

Last edited:

82580010CS5.jpg

82580009CS5.jpg

Nice one, knew before i read the title where that was, I see that skyline every day!

It seems to be a bit pixelated though, is it a crop?

A nice viewpoint though, It looks drab enough to be an average Port Talbot shot!

Here's one of mine similar view but down on the beach, where were you when you took yours, looks like you were just as far away but at a longer focal length?

Canon EF Ektar 100 exposed at 400 tesco processing and scan... (None of the failures were intentional...)
5299519229_b15c4449d9_o.jpg

I was at a longer focal lenghth and re the quality it was a £1 roll of film and at its extreme's the tamron 70-
300 is not that brilliant,still pleased with the shot though

After having issues with the first couple of rolls of film, this being my venture / project (long term I know) into monos, film and medium format, I finally ran a test role of Ilford PanF 50 through my Mamiya 645 pro with I think reasonable success, still loads to learn though.
On this evening the clouds were heavy above and to the east but sunlight was coming through from the west, quick dash, set up, four frames and this is one of them.

Help, advise etc etc is most welcome. Oh 2nd role was a studio shoot, fingers crossed.

LesF

Hepworth-5.jpg

Nice to see you posting in here Les..:)
I think I caught one or two of you pictures as part of the gallery exhibition they have every once in a while in the Ridings a few weeks ago.
I dunno about this photo though, it looks a bit processed, especially the sky.
The lines are sweet though and contrast is good.
I can't be doing with overcast skys on b/w, I mean I shoot them but I know I'm probably gonna chuck most of them away, I wait for some blue sky/clouds & sun, and throw on a red or orange filter.

Nice to see you posting in here Les..
I think I caught one or two of you pictures as part of the gallery exhibition they have every once in a while in the Ridings a few weeks ago.
I dunno about this photo though, it looks a bit processed, especially the sky.
The lines are sweet though and contrast is good.
I can't be doing with overcast skys on b/w, I mean I shoot them but I know I'm probably gonna chuck most of them away, I wait for some blue sky/clouds & sun, and throw on a red or orange filter.

Cheers John, yes the sky is not a 100% just like a few more things within the image but it's my first role of film so still lots to learn but happy with the start, it's like the stake in the ground, I now move on with this film venture, it's all mono for me with film

For those that converted to digital do you miss film? I've never Used film. And was just intrigued?

Why would we miss film - I shoot film, I shoot digital, each as appropriate, or as I feel like it. It's not as if it's compulsory to sell your film cameras and burn your darkroom kit, just because you've got a digital camera. :shrug:

It's not as if it's compulsory to sell your film cameras and burn your darkroom kit, just because you've got a digital camera. :shrug:

A lot did though, like digital was the second coming or something, those are usually the ones that don't miss film at all.
I suppose you need to be shown a different way to work in order that you can appreciate one, the other, or both.
That aside, those that did convert to digital totally are not likely to be reading questions in a film forum as to whether they miss film or not, in the first place.....:LOL:

To answer it the other way round, now that I shoot film, do I miss digital ?

errr.........nope

Hi Javier, another excellent set mate. That Delta 400 has a very distinctive look to it, almost like a very fine pencil/charcoal drawing. I like it, must give it a try.

Andy

some from the JB Ensign Box camera

.. ..

even more basic than a holga!

Nice to see a box Ensign getting out and about, and producing good results :D

For those that converted to digital do you miss film? I've never Used film. And was just intrigued?

Oh - and you say you've never used film... well - we can cure that - get yourself signed up ready for the second round of the Homeless Holga... a chance to shoot a few frames of film, alongside a bunch of other punters :LOL:

After having issues with the first couple of rolls of film, this being my venture / project (long term I know) into monos, film and medium format, I finally ran a test role of Ilford PanF 50 through my Mamiya 645 pro with I think reasonable success, still loads to learn though.
On this evening the clouds were heavy above and to the east but sunlight was coming through from the west, quick dash, set up, four frames and this is one of them.

Help, advise etc etc is most welcome. Oh 2nd role was a studio shoot, fingers crossed.

LesF

Hepworth-5.jpg

Not experienced enough to offer advise sorry but I think the lead in and the building work. I find the sky too dull though and there seems to be a shadow/halo around one of the trees which I guess is a result of it moving with a slower shutter speed?

Hi Javier, another excellent set mate. That Delta 400 has a very distinctive look to it, almost like a very fine pencil/charcoal drawing. I like it, must give it a try.

Andy

Thank you. I have really fallen in love with the delta 400 film. I am having it processed and scanned at the local pro shop and I believe that also helps as everything is just right.

Not experienced enough to offer advise sorry but I think the lead in and the building work. I find the sky too dull though and there seems to be a shadow/halo around one of the trees which I guess is a result of it moving with a slower shutter speed?

Cheers Chris, as this is from my first roll and it was a test one as is my second roll, I am not to bothered about the sky. halos etc and other failures I can spot within the image, the main thing is the learning curve knowning what is wrong and to correct these for the next time.
Plus I'm sure my tutor at Uni will have plaenty to say when she see them. Once the second roll is back I'll upload one of those.

Darn lens flare. And of course it's on the only one I liked on this subject.

Sunrise On Mount Rainier, Washington

M7II, 43mm, Kodak 100TMX, Yellow Filter, PMK Pyro

A color version shot just before the BW version in about the time it takes to change out a new roll.

Ektar 100

I have actually been taking some pictures with my film cameras, just haven't had any time to scan them. :)

This was from a test roll with my Canon T90 after it came back from servicing at Miles Whitehead. Boots 200 slide and Canon FDn 17mm f/4.

The Shard & Colechurch House by cybertect, on Flickr

Last edited:
A couple from a trip up to Aberdeen at the beginning of the month. We went to Dunottar Castle on a very foggy day. Very moody and fun to wander around, but you did have to think a bit about what to take pics of!

20110822203628_scan-110817-0039.jpg

20110822203607_scan-110817-0037.jpg

Both pics Pentax 645N, 75mm, Acros 100 in Rodinal

Three shot pano:-

Canon 28mm fdn, Adsa dev and scan (ugh weekend staff lots of spots I had to clear up but did 4 films to seperate CDs in 1 hour) Reala OOD (three years).
Panorama3-1000px.jpg

Some more pics of The Shard under construction taken with Boots 200 slide film in the Canon T90.

Epson V700 scanning.

201107_F01_008.jpg

201107_F01_032.jpg

201107_F01_035.jpg

201107_F01_023.jpg

201107_F01_017.jpg

Last edited:
Back