Mart

One recent film and one that I had forgotten I had not processed

Yashica Zoom 80 Fuji 200
6442150633_80e5c85151_b.jpg

6442147449_a72c1cfbd6_b.jpg

6442145907_faf8204e68_b.jpg

EOS 600 Canon 24-85 USM Fuji 400

6442149703_f659231fb1_b.jpg

cracking shots Ed, and it brought back many, many memories of riding my bike at a painful sustained heart rate up and down quiet dual carriageways early on sunday mornings. (y)

Great dog shot, the Olympus Trip is a great little camera.

Neopan 400 pushed to 800 in Rodinal 1:50, semi-stand = so much grain I could sand down blocks of wood with the negatives. Some shots looked quite Moriyama-ish though!

Hexar AF:
YjJns.jpg

4JQh2.jpg

Chike.jpg

M4 + VC 50/1.5 (such a good lens!):
tyBeI.jpg

Nice shots there. I've been using Tri-X at box speed in 1+25 R09. Might be time to start pushing it soon though as there's less and elss light around this time of year.

Thanks. I've also been using Tri-X lately, although I'm developing it in Diafine, really liking the results:

Gx4u8.jpg

Hexar AF, Tri-X at 1600.

Thanks. I've also been using Tri-X lately, although I'm developing it in Diafine, really liking the results:

Hexar AF, Tri-X at 1600.

A guy on Mflenses.com is asking "Where can I get Diafine in the UK" :shrug:

It doesn't look too grainy on the monitor. Now would that be 400 or 800 grit sandpaper. :D

Definitely 800 :p, although I'm used to Diafine+TX400 grain on 120, going back to 35mm is quite a shock!

Apparently out of stock, but someone said "Mr Cad"...if you need some ;)

They get it in stock every few weeks or so, but Diafine lasts pretty much forever (as I'm told). Mr Cad only sells the 3.8L kits as well, no way I shoot that much!

I've finally made a start on scanning rolls shot over the summer..

Yashica D, Kodak Ektar.

I need to spend some time adjusting the height on the negative holder when scanning, I'm sure I can get sharper scans out of the V500.

Eric's the new "Where's Wally"

and Mr Smithee, that's one beautifl and atmospheric shot.

i'm guessing it's playing "find your name stamp" - a bit like the "where's wally" books - find the guy in the stripy red and white shirt :)

Ah I see what you mean now! As much as I hate watermarks, it stops people stealing the photos, reproducing them in mass amounts. It's happened before Si I jut protect myself a little now

Where's Wally?

What's that meant to mean?

Sorry Eric, I assumed you'd done the whole hidden name thing as some sort of homage to Where's Wally.

And I'm really struggling to find "Eric" in the last two :LOL:

i'm guessing it's playing "find your name stamp" - a bit like the "where's wally" books - find the guy in the stripy red and white shirt :)

See I'm not the only one to make the connection :D

Last edited:
Ah I see what you mean now! As much as I hate watermarks, it stops people stealing the photos, reproducing them in mass amounts. It's happened before Si I jut protect myself a little now

That small water mark is not difficult to remove. How is it protecting your photos?

That small water mark is not difficult to remove. How is it protecting your photos?

No you're right its not, but again why does it matter :) There my photos and my choice to put my name on them :)

Let me rephrase. Its not there to "protect" as such, just there to let people know its mine. If people don't like it then that's their opinion :)

Last edited:
Not often you see a scene that vignettes before you even contemplate shooting it...:LOL:

On the watermark thang, it is no protection but as long as you use one you will know that whoever stole your image, did not do it by accident.
I dunno what consolation that is but I find it easier to choose a course of action knowing the type of people I'm dealing with.
On the other hand, some peeps are just thieving arses, from which there is no protection..:)

Ethan, taken this morning on Pentax Super A, 135mm f2.5 Takumar, film was Ultrafine Extreme ISO 400 pushed to ISO 3200, this gave an exposure of 1/125 @ f4, developed in Ilford LC29 at 1:9 for 14 minutes.

EthanSuperA3200.jpg

Ethan, taken this morning on Pentax Super A, 135mm f2.5 Takumar, film was Ultrafine Extreme ISO 400 pushed to ISO 3200, this gave an exposure of 1/125 @ f4, developed in Ilford LC29 at 1:9 for 14 minutes.

EthanSuperA3200.jpg

None too shabby, better than my GH1 at equivalent ISO I'd say! (y)

Back