Show us yer film shots then!

Shadows and light, Kodak Ektar 100- Tetenal C-41

7611625206_2d70dc265c_c.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Liking that one Steve, lovely shape to it.

Andy

I've been looking into the tetenal kit and it seems pretty straight forward and have read about using Patterson super system 4 tanks for it, with gloves obviously lol
My water is pretty mineral free and can be kept at whatever temp i choose so i can't see any problems?
Anything you've come across that's a faff?

Only real problem with the Tetenal C41 I've found is that the chemicals "go off" pretty quickly. I've run through 3 of the 1L kits, the first 2 did around 16 films before getting a bit sludgy (at which point I used 'em to cross process a couple or 3 rolls of E6 just for giggles before disposal). The third kit, I did 9-10 rolls, then had a 2 month hiatus where I dev'ed nothing at all, then made the cardinal mistake of using the chem's to soup a roll from the travelling holga. The Dev. had gone off completely - ended up with completely blank films. So - If you're likely to soup a roll or two a week, you'll get full use out of the chemicals, if you only run a roll every 3-4 weeks, then be prepared for the chemicals to have "gone off" on you before they reach their "theoretical depletion point"

So - If you're likely to soup a roll or two a week, you'll get full use out of the chemicals, if you only run a roll every 3-4 weeks, then be prepared for the chemicals to have "gone off" on you before they reach their "theoretical depletion point"

Always important to bear in mind that C-41 was first and foremost a commercial lab process, which is why it can sound so unfriendly to amateurs - it was never intended with home developing in mind :(

One from this morning I was using medium format and the wife was using my 35mm, So I put both films in a tank added Rodinal at 1 + 100 left for a hour with a few inversions at the beggining and a few at 30 mins, thats the second time I have tried it and it has seemed to have worked..

Thanks for looking, Steve.

7617442286_4aafddd37d_c.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Always important to bear in mind that C-41 was first and foremost a commercial lab process, which is why it can sound so unfriendly to amateurs - it was never intended with home developing in mind :(

I guess you could just hold off until you have ~12 films to soup and do them all in one go. Depends how patient you are really.

Here's a couple from different camera/film combinations. First the Pentax ME with Elitechrome slide film; the whole film over-exposed by one stop, and the lab was asked to pull it back. It's sort of worked. I like this shot, but there's NOTHING there in the shadows. :(

000048-2012-07-18at16-48-06.jpg

This one is from my 3rd film through the Oxfam Trip 35, this time with FP4.

000012-2012-07-18at16-39-06.jpg

Looks like I've exported these rather small :( . I like this shot taken on Salisbury Crags above Edinburgh. The Trip has been raising its over-under-exposed flag a lot, but this doesn't seem too bad. However there's nothing in the dark trousers or top here.

My own criticism of this shot is that I haven't managed to delineate the edge between the foreground on the Crags and the background (further, lower) of the city. Any suggestions on how to do that?

My own criticism of this shot is that I haven't managed to delineate the edge between the foreground on the Crags and the background (further, lower) of the city. Any suggestions on how to do that?

To be fair Chris if it wasn't shot on a day when the light was flat and grey you may have stood a better chance.

To be fair Chris if it wasn't shot on a day when the light was flat and grey you may have stood a better chance.

Yes, and I guess I should have spotted how much the light had changed. I was more concerned not to get shouted at by the couple :nono:! It was a bit better earlier...

000027-2012-07-18at16-39-28.jpg

Actually that doesn't look much better in the small version; it does have more zong in Aperture! :thinking:

Some shots from an expired 200ISO film (can't remember the brand, was an odd yellow canister), developed by Jessops.

7614839918_91c46d0e5f_c.jpg

View from the Devil's Dyke in Brighton.

7614839674_479d20b1ac_c.jpg

Oxford Street during the Jubilee - lots of flags!

7614840438_577917545d_c.jpg

...and a random one to finish, a friend in costume :)

Rather pleased with how this roll came out - it was very grainy (probably because it was expired?) but altogether exposed well, camera had no issues. Can't wait for the next one :)

Another portrait of a stranger:

Rolleiflex 3.5F, Portra 160. Any feedback & critique always welcome.

Great portrait Freecom, I thought I'd add one of my own street portraits...

14 by jpay01, on Flickr

Great portraits, both freecom and jpay. Freecom's guy looks a bit unsure what's expected of him, while jpay's guy has a face that really works with his general demeanour. Wish I had the cojones (chutzpah?) to do that!

Freecom... the detail in that image - phwoooar - this is going to sound 'artsy-fartsy' but with him looking out of the frame, I almost can't connect / don't know where too look!

These are some of the newest from my experiments with stand development in rodinal. This time with Agfa APX100

7632476750_84c0b18a88_c.jpg

7632477900_1c31248e2a_c.jpg

7632463978_b64fd9436d_c.jpg

7632462970_5406e93494_c.jpg

Last edited:
After getting a lot of good advice from people here about which MF camera to get (and subsequently picking up a Mamiya C330f TLR), I took it out on Sunday to blast through my first roll of film :).

Unfortunately, I managed to (badly) damage the focus screen during the 'overhaul' process and so I had to use an SLR to gauge focus distance (and exposure) and copy those settings over to the TLR. It wasn't very succesful and only four of the twelve frames came out both in focus and properly exposed (more or less). Here they are (they look a lot sharper when you click on them and open them at their proper size, BTW ;));

Scan354_900.jpg

Scan356_900.jpg

Scan361.jpg

Scan363.jpg

The film was Ilford Delta 100 (all I could get locally) and I developed it in Rodinal (I prefer to work with Diafine on my usual films, but it's not highly recommend for tabular grain film like Delta, apparently :shrug:).

Great portraits, both freecom and jpay. Freecom's guy looks a bit unsure what's expected of him, while jpay's guy has a face that really works with his general demeanour. Wish I had the cojones (chutzpah?) to do that!

Freecom... the detail in that image - phwoooar - this is going to sound 'artsy-fartsy' but with him looking out of the frame, I almost can't connect / don't know where too look!

Both taken on board. Chris - you were spot on, unfortunately I had him looking perfectly at the camera and a split second later he looked up slightly - two lenses can cause that, unfortunately, and I need to learn how to direct people better. It is tough... I have many attempt rolls but hardly any portraits from them in total.

One from this morning, the sky was so cloudless it made the sky a bit bland...so this one was taken just before the sunrose above the horizon.

7637139616_a00194ee29_c.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

And one from yesterday when we went out for a ride...

It was a bonus that they came out ok, as whilst I was developing them the stopwatch on my Iphone froze at 40 something seconds... but I think I managed to guess 3 mins 15 seconds ok....the stopwatch froze again about a min into the blix as well....:( but all was well in the end, going to get a new timer though.

both images were Kodak Ektar and tetenal c-41

7637139442_5cea3cc64f_c.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:
Excellent shots Steve and top guessing as well.

FC2, its hip to be square and its definitely hip to take photos this good.

Andy

One from this morning, the sky was so cloudless it made the sky a bit bland...so this one was taken just before the sunrose above the horizon.

[/url][/IMG]

And one from yesterday when we went out for a ride...

It was a bonus that they came out ok, as whilst I was developing them the stopwatch on my Iphone froze at 40 something seconds... but I think I managed to guess 3 mins 15 seconds ok....the stopwatch froze again about a min into the blix as well....:( but all was well in the end, going to get a new timer though.

7637139442_5cea3cc64f_c.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Loving the Hogs Steve. Great composition to have the old Girling and Champion advertising. Really enjoy film for this truly analogue stuff.(y)

Loving the Hogs Steve. Great composition to have the old Girling and Champion advertising. Really enjoy film for this truly analogue stuff.(y)

Thanks Trevor, luckily I only live 5 mins from goodwood and thats always useful for a backdrop for car and bike pictures..the lowrider on the left is one that I built for the wife, including the black cherry metalflake and airbrush work...the other more boring white one is mine ( I built it for touring 1550cc, 6 speed overdrive box, one off heads and big cams.. )

Steve-B said:
Thanks Trevor, luckily I only live 5 mins from goodwood and thats always useful for a backdrop for car and bike pictures..the lowrider on the left is one that I built for the wife, including the black cherry metalflake and airbrush work...the other more boring white one is mine ( I built it for touring 1550cc, 6 speed overdrive box, one off heads and big cams.. )

Oooer. I've gone all quivery. Pass me another pint of Castrol R

[/URL]

Great colours (y)

Here's a couple from my Voigtlander Bessamatic CS which I was going to sell, however these have come out so well I may keep it.

Church by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Graves by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Stream by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Apart from a little clean up after scanning these are straight from camera.

Cheers

Andy

Just got the scans from my first (test) roll through my yashica-mat!
Results are good, the scans aren't fantastic but they're fine for printing A4 or web size and it was the cheapest place I could find, but more importantly the camera seems to be working fine. Most of the images are a bit overexposed which could be me or the camera, either way I know to go a little under the meter readings I'm going by for the next roll.

Mostly test roll type images, but it took ages to complete the roll due to the days on end of abysmal weather!

Neopan 400CN scanned by fuji digital imaging.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adamhawtin2/7643041240/ by adamhawtin2, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adamhawtin2/7643040568/ by adamhawtin2, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adamhawtin2/7643039790/ by adamhawtin2, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adamhawtin2/7643039044/ by adamhawtin2, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adamhawtin2/7643037620/ by adamhawtin2, on Flickr

I'm very much liking the yashica-mat and the tones of neopan 400CN so far, looking forward to the other 7 rolls I've got :D.

Shot a test roll, it's just as i expected really. Metered using a Weston Master 5
I'm very happy with it, shot using Provia.

7643765330_ed026e691c_b.jpg

Back