Show us yer film shots then!

Shot a test roll, it's just as i expected really. Metered using a Weston Master 5
I'm very happy with it, shot using Provia.

7643765330_ed026e691c_b.jpg

You must be happy with that bro, great detail in the old keep (y)
Edit: Nicely exposed too..

Last edited:
Had a handful of films to be developed today. Here is a small selection.

Nikon L35 AF + Superia 400

improvement
by rednorters, on Flickr

Nikon L35 AF + my last roll of Poundland Kodak that seemed to have expired :LOL:

empire state
by rednorters, on Flickr

Black Slim Devil + Kodak Colour 200

toilet city
by rednorters, on Flickr

Last three are all Trip 35 + XP2 :love:

ladies
by rednorters, on Flickr

no parking
by rednorters, on Flickr

And my absolute favourite:

it's landed
by rednorters, on Flickr

All scanned at home with my V500.
As always, thanks for looking (y)

Totally agree mate, some stunning stuff.

Loving your latest stuff Nick Norters. Latin graffiti, very educational 'love conquers all let us too be conquered by love'? My Latin is a little rusty. And the Trip shots are excellent.

Andy

Good work guys. I'm just waiting to get my first roll of Provia back from being deve'd using my Yash mat. I'll post a couple (if they're any good) :D

Andysnap said:
Totally agree mate, some stunning stuff.

Loving your latest stuff Nick Norters. Latin graffiti, very educational 'love conquers all let us too be conquered by love'? My Latin is a little rusty. And the Trip shots are excellent.

Andy

Thank you so much :) I love my Trip do much! That graffiti was sprayed over the top of one of the banksy murals in town. I thought it improved it greatly :)

This thread is evil as well. I can't afford a Yashica Mat. I know I can't. Yet I am still thinking of getting one!

It's one of the blokes from Thunderbirds, yeah...;)

IIRC, it's...

"Love conquers all things; let us too surrender to love.
"

Except it's "omnia vincit amor". "amor vincit omnia" wouldn't scan as dactylic hexameter....you just don't get the quality of graffiti you used to.....

Except it's "omnia vincit amor". "amor vincit omnia" wouldn't scan as dactylic hexameter....you just don't get the quality of graffiti you used to.....

Knew there was something that was jarring (though I put it down to mis-firing synapses, and the fact that I only did one year of Latin before switching to the sciences from classics/languages at the age of 12 - some thirty-seven years or so ago...)

Knew there was something that was jarring (though I put it down to mis-firing synapses, and the fact that I only did one year of Latin before switching to the sciences from classics/languages at the age of 12 - some thirty-seven years or so ago...)

Though Google says that Caravaggio's painting which illustrates Eclogue 10 is known as "Amor vincit omnia"

I did, um, 10 years of Latin before switching to sciences (where I got to play with robots and stuff).

So anyway, film.....

Last edited:

The first link is being sold as "spares or repairs". A lot of the time that realistically means they know how to test it, they have tested it, it isn't working and they are putting it up for sale. It used to equate to "you might get a working bargain" but less so these days... :shrug:

caveat emptor

Now I haven't used the search facility to check but I think you'd be hard pressed to find a discussion on Latin anywhere else on the forum, only in F&C :LOL:

"Romanes eunt domus"?

How many Romans?

I love this forum........and especially this musty little bit of it.

If film lasts as long as latin we'll be alright. (y)

Last edited:
I feel left out. Latin was dropped the year before I went to school because the teacher was a drunk and had to be got rid of after standing in a bin at lunchtime in the middle of the the playground drunk and raving. I had to learn German from an Austrian Australian instead. My German may sound slightly odd.

Last edited:
I feel left out. Latin was dropped the year before I went to school because the teacher was a drunk and had to be got rid of after standing in a bin at lunchtime in the middle of the the playground drunk and raving. I had to learn German from an Austrian Australian instead. My German may sound slightly odd.

My latin master (nickname Ivi, for "I have gone"!) rather bemusedly told me I had scraped the lowest O-level Latin pass he had ever seen! I never thought it at the time, but I have found Latin very useful in the intervening... 50 years. :eek: Helps with grammar, spelling etc. However, we digress :thinking:

...However, we digress :thinking:

No, it's film & conventional... it's called senile rambling, and something i'm told I do all the time (I can't remember doing it, which is part of the problem!) :LOL:

(and actually, I was surprised to find this in another section...Greek AND Latin... though Mark (DemiLion) does occasionally call in here, so I guess it doesn't really count!)

No, it's film & conventional... it's called senile rambling, and something i'm told I do all the time (I can't remember doing it, which is part of the problem!) :LOL:

(and actually, I was surprised to find this in another section...Greek AND Latin... though Mark (DemiLion) does occasionally call in here, so I guess it doesn't really count!)

You're right. And my education is definitely lacking compared with Mark. I might have fumbled at the two derivations, but wouldn't have spotted the Greek vs Latin issue. Vive la différence! (Ahem, had to look that up to make sure the accent was leaning the right way :wacky:)

Both images taken with a mamiya 645 pro and Kodak Ektar 100 film developed with tetenal C-41...

Thanks for looking, Steve

Very early morning on Bognor beach.......

7657416386_53cd0caa1d_c.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Inside a very dark church at Upwaltham, with just a bit of light shining through the window onto the alter.

7657416218_3deb1b64cd_c.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Charlotte. What a day, love the Silver Lady.

Steve, I've gotta set my alarm...that Tractor is calling me...

Both taken on board. Chris - you were spot on, unfortunately I had him looking perfectly at the camera and a split second later he looked up slightly - two lenses can cause that, unfortunately, and I need to learn how to direct people better. It is tough... I have many attempt rolls but hardly any portraits from them in total.

Freecom, are you able to expand a bit on how you went about this? I'm less interested in the way you asked people to pose (although that's a bit that terrifies me) than on what happened then. Was there basically one shot, did you get several chances, did you ask them to do different things, how did you manage the light? That sort of stuff...

Charlotte. What a day, love the Silver Lady.

Steve, I've gotta set my alarm...that Tractor is calling me...

I posted the picture of the tractor on here tonight and my mrs said " what make is that tractor " I thought sod it now I have got to go back to bognor and have a look...unless any one on here knows the answer to her question...

Freecom, are you able to expand a bit on how you went about this? I'm less interested in the way you asked people to pose (although that's a bit that terrifies me) than on what happened then. Was there basically one shot, did you get several chances, did you ask them to do different things, how did you manage the light? That sort of stuff...

No problem Chris. Walked up to a stall holder at Portobello Road Market and said to him, "do you mind if I take your picture?". He said yes, I took a light reading with my Sekonic L-308S, dialled in the appropriate settings for aperture and shutter speed, focused and took the picture.

Usually I tell the person to look into the bottom lens but I missed the opportunity to, something I regret! I say thanks, have a good day, and I am on my way.

One shot, light is whatever is shining on that person at the time... and I'd take all that difficulty over doing landscapes any day of the week :)

I posted the picture of the tractor on here tonight and my mrs said " what make is that tractor " I thought sod it now I have got to go back to bognor and have a look...unless any one on here knows the answer to her question...

It's a Fordson, possibly a Fordson Major E1 :)

Last edited:
No problem Chris. Walked up to a stall holder at Portobello Road Market and said to him, "do you mind if I take your picture?". He said yes, I took a light reading with my Sekonic L-308S, dialled in the appropriate settings for aperture and shutter speed, focused and took the picture.

Usually I tell the person to look into the bottom lens but I missed the opportunity to, something I regret! I say thanks, have a good day, and I am on my way.

One shot, light is whatever is shining on that person at the time... and I'd take all that difficulty over doing landscapes any day of the week :)

Ask, one shot and bye. That's fantastic, and knoing that I love the result even more! Thanks.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. I always thoroughly enjoy reading about the context of other people's shots so maybe it is surprising I don't post my own context more...

I pride and enjoy going up to people and asking politely. Once I finished taking someone's picture, as I walked away there was a person snapping away at the same person but with a massive white Canon 70-200. How stalkerish is that?

Nice to see some film shots of the event and fair play to you for not spoiling the surprise(y)

It's a Fordson, possibly a Fordson Major E1 :)

Cheers chris, I used to cut someones grass with a fordson major back in the seventies and it looked much bigger than this one...but there again I was only about thirteen years old at the time..:)

I think I hear an anorak being zipped up.
I've probably got several anoraks, but know very little about tractors :p I just happened to have driven one of these a bit and used to regularly drive pass one over the years that was slowly rotting away in a field

Cheers chris, I used to cut someones grass with a fordson major back in the seventies and it looked much bigger than this one...but there again I was only about thirteen years old at the time..:)

The model may not be correct, I'm pretty certain though that it's a Fordson Major badge & grill. It would have had the model badge on the side just in front of the driver :)

Thanks for the street photog tips FC - I might just have to man up and try the direct approach myself :)

I recently put a post in the "film related toy" bit about a voigtlander brilliant that I was given..it wasn't working so last night I took it apart and got it functional..this morning I took it out and put a roll of fomapan 100 through it, lunchtime I developed it by doing a stand develop in Rodinal for 50 mins.. and a couple of hours later I scanned it...and here are two images from the brilliant that was made in 1932 and to be honest I dont think they are too bad coming from a 80 year old camera...once scanned I did a very minimal cleanup and minor sharpen..

Thanks for looking, Steve.

7662125262_85e51e91c0_z.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

7662125336_caae6dd093_z.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I recently put a post in the "film related toy" bit about a voigtlander brilliant that I was given..it wasn't working so last night I took it apart and got it functional..this morning I took it out and put a roll of fomapan 100 through it, lunchtime I developed it by doing a stand develop in Rodinal for 50 mins.. and a couple of hours later I scanned it...and here are two images from the brilliant that was made in 1932 and to be honest I dont think they are too bad coming from a 80 year old camera...once scanned I did a very minimal cleanup and minor sharpen..

Thanks for looking, Steve.

That's a pretty good 24 hours work, Steve! Very impressive.

Back