Show us yer film shots then!

I look forward to anyones negs turning up on my doorstep....at least then i'd honestly be able to say i had a decent image in my collection....even if it wasn't me who shot it:D

I've wanted to try film for a while now, so got a Spotmatic II (with Super Takumar 55mm 1.8) a few weeks ago and a roll of HP5+.

Really enjoyed shooting with the camera and got the scans from the first roll today. Messed some shots up completely, but still love them all.

Here are a few and some more in a set here

Untitled by GarySmith70, on Flickr

Barbican Curves by GarySmith70, on Flickr

I've wanted to try film for a while now, so got a Spotmatic II (with Super Takumar 55mm 1.8) a few weeks ago and a roll of HP5+.

Really enjoyed shooting with the camera and got the scans from the first roll today. Messed some shots up completely, but still love them all.

Here are a few and some more in a set here

Untitled by GarySmith70, on Flickr

Barbican Curves by GarySmith70, on Flickr

Glad you are enjoying film Gary, well done with the shots .. I really like the first one.

Last edited:
Me too Gary, lovely work.

Andy

As promised in a (hopefully finished with) other post a couple of FILM shots.

Ensign 16-20 on Kodak Ektar and scanned on an Epson V500

Blue-Evening by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Yash Mat EM on Kodak Ektar

Lone-Tree4 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

And breathe.................:hug:

No 2 for me Andy even with reticulation? in the clouds. Why not 1? well the pylons annoy me :(

No 2 as well, although I dn't know what reticulation is here (net?). Didn't notice the pylons until excalibur mentioned them!

Not sure if it is reticulation - does that not give more of a "pavement-slab" effect, or is that only on BW film? I've certainly noticed it on some of my 35mm Neopan 400 rolls when I've been a bit careless with consistent washing temps.

Just don't mention scanning on FADU, you'll be shot.

I fell for that one, scanned a paper neg from my 4x5 monorail then inverted the image in software before uploading it IIRC it was removed and I received a fairly strong PM for 'excessively editing and image' before uploading it. IIRC it was suggested that I do a contact print to make a positive and then upload a scan of that.

Anyway enough ranting, more pics, my first roll of velvia 100...

Olympics velodrome, Pentax MX with 50mm f1.7 and a polariser from memory
CNV00004.JPG

Sunrise over the Solent:
CNV00026.JPG

Guildford cathedral in some very harsh midday sun:
CNV00035.JPG

its not reticulation as its more pronounced than that, and would cover the whole frame

I fell for that one, scanned a paper neg from my 4x5 monorail then inverted the image in software before uploading it IIRC it was removed and I received a fairly strong PM for 'excessively editing and image' before uploading it. IIRC it was suggested that I do a contact print to make a positive and then upload a scan of that.

Anyway enough ranting, more pics, my first roll of velvia 100...

Olympics velodrome, Pentax MX with 50mm f1.7 and a polariser from memory
CNV00004.JPG

Sunrise over the Solent:
CNV00026.JPG

Guildford cathedral in some very harsh midday sun:
CNV00035.JPG

Been meaning to get a shot of Guildford cathedral, do you know if you can take a camera and tripod in there?

no idea, I've certainly shot the inside hand held, the staff are pretty good so I'd say if you bung a donation into the pot at the entrance and don't get in anyones way they would be fairly accommodating. If in doubt ring them and ask :)

Another one from the Yash. This was taken on a TP meet in Yorkshire last month.

Falls2-1 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Cheers

Andy

Scan-120930-0010.jpg

This is what happens when you dont let the film dry long enough before moving it

Tech details - HP5+ rated as 200 in Canon A-1 with 28mm FD
Devved in Rodinal, small amount of contrast added to compensate for scanning

This is what happens when you dont let the film dry long enough before moving it

It's a schoolboy error Rob, you should know better :bang:

Last edited:
I know :bang: been besting myself up about it since i did it :(

SlideSensia0011CS5_zps8ae27443.jpg

Thanks Brian, it was the Yashica Mat EM I think.

Andy

stagnesrz67film2tp.jpg

One from the RZ 67 shot on Ilford Pan Plus 50

Not unlike Andy's Nevis range shot, I was fighting through a miserable grey sky to get this although unlike Scotland, grey, overcast is not the norm around this beautiful mountain village of St Agnes

Nick, love these GSN shots, great B&W's. Wish I could get such nice scans of my images.

I have a 35 GT electro, love it and carry it about with me a lot. The glass on these old rangefinders I think is really stunning and your images attest to that fact.

Nick, love these GSN shots, great B&W's. Wish I could get such nice scans of my images.

I have a 35 GT electro, love it and carry it about with me a lot. The glass on these old rangefinders I think is really stunning and your images attest to that fact.

Thank you for the kind words. I'm afraid there is no secret to the scans! I just use the software that came with the V500!

Thanks again (y)

Nick, thanks for the info about your scanning approach. I think when funds permit I need to get a V500!

Back