Show us yer film shots then!

Poor exposure, poor choice of film for the conditions, in fact poor everything but as a totally clueless n00b to medium format film I was amazed to get anything even vaguely resembling a photo! :LOL:

Velvia 100 through the RB67. :)

kKaeuLZ.jpg

bSeZCkZ.jpg

Quite like porta, nice subtle colours:

Yeah, the Portra has very nice colour rendition and it suits your photo well.

Poor exposure, poor choice of film for the conditions, in fact poor everything but as a totally clueless n00b to medium format film I was amazed to get anything even vaguely resembling a photo! :LOL:

I used a bit of slide film when I got into medium format and didn't like it (or, more likely, just didn't know how to use it), so I haven't used it since.

These are definitely far better than my first efforts with slide film.

If I did more landscape type photos, I'd probably consider trying slide again, but I just find negative film so much better suited to how I shoot (or, perhaps, better suited to my inabilities to meter accurately...).

I used a bit of slide film when I got into medium format and didn't like it (or, more likely, just didn't know how to use it), so I haven't used it since.

These are definitely far better than my first efforts with slide film.

If I did more landscape type photos, I'd probably consider trying slide again, but I just find negative film so much better suited to how I shoot (or, perhaps, better suited to my inabilities to meter accurately...).

Thanks! :)

I'm still undecided on slide film with regard to how much I'll end up using it, I need to get to a point where I have a vague idea what I'm doing with it so I'll carry on beavering away until I start getting it kinda right but at the moment I'm thinking negative and black and white film will suit what I do more than slide film. We'll see though, I definitely first need to be at a point where I'm comfortable exposing slide film which will probably take a fair while! :LOL:

A few more, I think these were on Superia 200 but they were a few years ago so I can't remember!

Passing time before a gig in Portugal, taken from inside the pool trying not to drop the thing in the water!

1WZOnaI.jpg

Bradford's rather splendid Cartwright Hall:

pHznQHw.jpg

And a couple from Blackpool the other week, both on 35mm PanF:

Wkt3DuI.jpg

Ix9IOCC.jpg

Very nice grain control for Tri-x. I'm going to have to ask what developer/time now! :)

Let's see... For these photos, I overexposed by one stop in camera and developed in Ilford LC29 (1:19) for 6 minutes at room temp (which was about 22.1º).

Gosh you go offline for a couple of days and lots of lovely shots get posted. Those concert snaps are fantastic, Andy; perhaps it's time to riffle through a few more of those early shots.

RJ, those Glasgow shots are really nice, particularly Pedestrian Crossing. There's something quintessentially Scottish about that chap's gait!

Nick, that Portra has worked well for you there! I like it too, although sometimes I think it's a bit too muted...

Paul, I was surprised at the first couple of Velvia shots; maybe it was the light as it has always been very in-yer-face when I've tried it! The first Superia and the first Pan F shot are both really nice though. I've never tried Pan F although I think I might have some in a drawer somewhere... (do I hear boo, hiss, where's yer fridge????)

Thanks very much Chris! I was surprised by the Velvia as well, I basically have zero experience of Velvia beyond the two 120 rolls I've put through the RB but they look nothing like any other images I've seen on it. I think it probably was the light though, it was very dull and flat indeed although exposing the stuff properly would have helped I'm sure! :LOL:

RJ, those Glasgow shots are really nice, particularly Pedestrian Crossing. There's something quintessentially Scottish about that chap's gait!

Thanks, Chris.

I was also particularly lucky that the gentleman employed his Scottish gait to cross precisely where he did, as it makes it look like the statue is glaring right at him!

-RJ

Last edited:
Cheers - my first roll wasn't too muted. I am debating whether to take just 400H, or a mix of it with Porta to Copenhagen in a few weeks.

I don't think there's that much between Portra 400 and 400H in good light, but Portra tends to fare better as the sun goes down or you go inside than does its Fuji counterpart (400H really likes to be overexposed, I find). At a push, you can even underexpose Portra a stop or two and still get usable images.

Purely because of this versatility, Portra is my preferred travel film.

I've seen this geezer, he's tallish, dark hair longish and a bit wavey, I see him at most Cent Sq events for a few years now usually fannying about with digital Canon.
But....I spied him with an RB the other day, turning it over in his hands discussing it with....I dunno....might have been an APS security bod, or one of the production team.
I always thought he was with the crew, but maybe not always, maybe it depends who is running the production/event, perhaps he is something to do with Raise the Roof...I dunno, perhaps he is Jeremy's sidekick...:shrug::shrug::shrug:
Although you say your shooting the RB, these are not 6x7 ratio, much nearer 1 to 2, so they're either cropped....a lot:bat:or they're 6x9/35mm and not cropped much..:D

Incidentally, I took Fuji 800z but didn't have time to shoot any..

joxby said:
I've seen this geezer, he's tallish, dark hair longish and a bit wavey, I see him at most Cent Sq events for a few years now usually fannying about with digital Canon.
But....I spied him with an RB the other day, turning it over in his hands discussing it with....I dunno....might have been an APS security bod, or one of the production team.
I always thought he was with the crew, but maybe not always, maybe it depends who is running the production/event, perhaps he is something to do with Raise the Roof...I dunno, perhaps he is Jeremy's sidekick...:shrug::shrug::shrug:
Although you say your shooting the RB, these are not 6x7 ratio, much nearer 1 to 2, so they're either cropped....a lot:bat:or they're 6x9/35mm and not cropped much..:D

Incidentally, I took Fuji 800z but didn't have time to shoot any..

Most of my images are cropped to some degree so even stuff shot on the RB isn't necessarily going to stay 6x7! :)

I know Raise The Roof very, very well and have done many events alongside them in the last 16 years including stuff in Centenary Square. Was there a dog nearby when you spied me and was it on Saturday? If so I know exactly when it was!

This was the last photograph I took in Amsterdam the other week before we had to get to the train station. Only got the film devved this afternoon. It's Portra 400 through the X-300:

pretty
by rednorters, on Flickr

I think it's probably my favourite shot of the week we were there :)
Thanks for looking as always!

#1.

Some panoramas taken with my Bronica ETRS and 35mm pano back. Shot on Jessops 200asa film expiry 2002!

Portpatrick

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

theyre lovely. Middle one is my fave. Really nice "look" to them, like they were shot back in the 70s

Some panoramas taken with my Bronica ETRS and 35mm pano back. Shot on Jessops 200asa film expiry 2002!

Portpatrick

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Lovely panoramas.

I wonder if there is a panorama back for my 500CM.........

theyre lovely. Middle one is my fave. Really nice "look" to them, like they were shot back in the 70s

I liked that 'look' too:)

Lovely panoramas.

I wonder if there is a panorama back for my 500CM.........

It makes a change from shooting 4:3 or 3:2 ratios, I'm lucky that I got the camera with the panorama focus screen already in it, so I didnt have to make up any masks for the frameing.

Just noticed your profile says you do elektrickery, you're not one of Mr Canon's people are you by any chance? And no, I don't mean anything to do with cameras! :LOL:

aha!

There's always a lot of shooters at events but its not often they make it to this board, if you'd not been faffin with the RB I probably wouldn't have put you in the frame.
Yep, I'm the best looking one that does all the work..:)
I was stood with Dusty Claus on Saturday night, listening to him waffle for yonks, I was glad it rained in the end....lol
Yeah, been around RTR a long time, right back to Windsor Baths, all the Mela's until recent times and a few events on the outskirts, 23 years with current employer..:(
Right well, s'pose I can come and shake your hand now instead of just exchanging oreights...lol.....might be the Veterans thingy, I dunno if I'm earmarked for that one, its not much of a do.

Yep, I'm the best looking one that does all the work..:)
I was stood with Dusty Claus on Saturday night, listening to him waffle for yonks, I was glad it rained in the end....lol
Yeah, been around RTR a long time, right back to Windsor Baths, all the Mela's until recent times and a few events on the outskirts

Well if you know Coast To Coast I can usually be found behind one of their mixing desks. We must have met loads over the years, my introduction to CTC was in Centenary Square in 1996 on the Bradford Festival and I've mixed many a gig down there including front of house on BBC Music Live back in 2001, I do FoH sound on Bingley Music Live as well.

Definitely come say hello next time! :)

P.S. Dusty Claus is exactly what we were calling him on Friday when the orchestra/choir were on! :LOL:

We don't do Myrtle any more, last one was a Happy Mondays gig 3-4 years ago, miss doing it.
There are rumours its going private ??, and/or it will be in the Square/Mirror, going the same way as the Mela what with all the rain offs and wotnot....I dunno.
Dusty Claus is turning in to Bobby, mind you, non of the RTR gang exactly wear a suit to work in any case....lol

Very nice work Orac, all cracking shots, the first and second shots really stand out for me. Portra really is the dogs dangly bits when it comes to colour negative film.

Portra 400 is certainly growing on me! This is a shot from St Cyrus beach with Portra in the Xpan..

9083477189_96ec72b76b_o.jpg

Altea street to the top square.

theyre lovely, the second one is a real cracker :)

Im joining the Poundland Agfa 200 club with these from todays walkabout with my Kodak Retina. Looking forward to putting some decent B&W through it.

View from our restaurant after climbing to the top of Altea.

Well I've never bothered much with flower shots other than for testing lenses (too many great shots in mags etc)..but I've taken an interest in my roses in the garden and most of the shots of them were carp (as I didn't want to use flash etc), until I read it's better to take shots in bright cloudy day than direct sunshine (as the film can't cope well yeah but we all hope).....well I think this came out quite good:-

Asda usual, tweaked in Photoshop to get the rose looking the same as with my eyes i.e. not what the film or scanner thinks it should be :)

Back