Show us yer film shots then!

Also thanks skysh4rk. I thought that because people have said it has a blueish cast I would try it at twilight where it probably would not matter so much, and might be an advantage. It scans really well. You may think it looks like digital but it was a nightmare to dust spot! As an aside the dynamic range of the film is brilliant. This was either 30 seconds or 1 minute (I took two) and there did not seem to be any real reciprocity issue either.

Oh man, how I love dust ;).

I had meant to ask about the reciprocity characteristics of Ektar; that's good to know as I have a roll or two sitting in the fridge that I need a reason to use.

I've just got my roll of Velvia 100 back. Heres a couple of shots. Both with the ETRS and 40mm.

original.jpg

original.jpg

Lovely shots Robert and I'll get the 40mm MC and save myself some money (not getting the PE).

Both superb Robert (y)

Thanks Mark

Lovely shots Robert and I'll get the 40mm MC and save myself some money (not getting the PE).

I think you will be pleased with the MC version, there wasn't that much distortion that I could see and it was pretty sharp. I could probably get it sharper with better scanning technique and a flatter negative/ slide

Lovely shots Robert especially the one with the mist.

Here's one I took with the Mamiya 7 and Velvia 50. The light was very intense at the end of what had mostly been a very wet day.

Evening Light at Mynydd Llandygai by osh rees, on Flickr

I know that place, that's where Frank (mickledore) kept stepping in funny smelling wet stuff! :LOL:

Excellent pic of it matey (y)

This was mine, OM4Ti, Zuiko 100mm f2.8 and Adox CMS20 at ISO 100:

Tŷ ar y mynydd by R. Alan Jones ~ www.quarryscapes.co.uk, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that place, that's where Frank (mickledore) kept stepping in funny smelling wet stuff! :LOL:

Excellent pic of it matey (y)

This was mine, OM4Ti, Zuiko 100mm f2.8 and Adox CMS20 at ISO 100:

Tŷ ar y mynydd by R. Alan Jones ~ www.quarryscapes.co.uk, on Flickr

Cheers - I much prefer the composition in your picture. It's a great spot for the evening sunshine - I sometimes rush over if the light is looking good. Lots of wading through bogs to get to the ruined houses from the reservoir road.

^^^WHS, love the shadow on the right and the light is spot on.

Andy

What a great thread....love looking at the new posts/photos!

This is my favourite photo!
Whenever I look at it, it makes me smile. It was taken on one of the happiest days of my life.
It's me, my wife and son in the back of a pick up in St. Lucia in 1997.
It was taken with my camera, but can't remember which one, my daughter could have taken the photo.
We'd been out on an all day boat trip with friends, and this was probably about seven in the evening.
My son would kill me if he saw this....he's 25 now, tall, thin and looks like a rock star!

^^ A lovely, happy shot that one.

One from the Spring on the Mam C330 and Ektar

Bluebells2 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Not very exciting, but in case anyone is interested I have just loaded a hi-resolution (6,000x4,800) version of this one on Flickr as I'm very impressed by the level of detail that the Epson V500 has managed to capture with just a very basic scan:

Padarn Pony by osh rees, on Flickr

Portra 400 shot handheld with a Mamiya 7ii and 43mm lens.

Blimey I'm busy tonight.

Something I saw (I can't remember where) and thought I'd try. Mamiya C330f ...

Very nice Andy, even if I got a crick in my neck looking at it!

Back