Show us yer film shots then!

Very nice Steve..... I really like Pan F
Andrew, I had the same feeling when I started using film again after a break of a few years. The scans I did on my V500 and the pro scans never quite looked as good as the original transparencies. I now tweak them in LR4 using the original as a reference on a small light table. It isn't an exact science but I feel better and I think I get something that is a little closer to the original slide.

It's about time I posted something again. Nothing spectacular, just a tree I liked.

alt-TP-FEB-2014-SMS.jpeg

Bronica S2 - Nikkor 200mm - Fujifilm Acros.

Steve.
Steve, I do like the simplicity of this image.

@osh : Ah man the itch for a 7II isn't getting any better thanks to that shot! Looks wonderful.

@cariadus : Go for it, it's quite nice resolution-wise too. I got mine from Fotoimpex in Germany (also ordered a cheeky gallon kit of Diafine since I was running low).

@pentaxpete : Thanks! The rem jet is removed chemically with Cinestill (I got a bit of halation in a few shots because of it), having to rub it off sounds horrible.

@Jao : Thanks Adrian! I haven't shot film in almost half a year now, getting back into the stride of things at the moment and trying out all the emulsions just reminds me why I keep coming back to film.

@Mr Bump: Thanks!

I have some more, this time it's Portra 400 through a Rolleiflex 2.8F:

NOyg2Vn.jpg

(really wish I stopped down and stepped to the right for this)

rKkEtuz.jpg

H9WufqA.jpg

And back to the M4 + Cinestill:

HlndzlS.jpg

hApH5ai.jpg

CjOc4hP.jpg

I was covering London Fashion Week, hence the clothes!

Last edited:
Damn good stuff there Lloyd.

@osh : Ah man the itch for a 7II isn't getting any better thanks to that shot! Looks wonderful.

@cariadus : Go for it, it's quite nice resolution-wise too. I got mine from Fotoimpex in Germany (also ordered a cheeky gallon kit of Diafine since I was running low).

@pentaxpete : Thanks! The rem jet is removed chemically with Cinestill (I got a bit of halation in a few shots because of it), having to rub it off sounds horrible.

@Jao : Thanks Adrian! I haven't shot film in almost half a year now, getting back into the stride of things at the moment and trying out all the emulsions just reminds me why I keep coming back to film.

@Mr Bump: Thanks!

I have some more, this time it's Portra 400 through a Rolleiflex 2.8F:

NOyg2Vn.jpg

(really wish I stopped down and stepped to the right for this)

rKkEtuz.jpg

H9WufqA.jpg

And back to the M4 + Cinestill:

HlndzlS.jpg

hApH5ai.jpg

CjOc4hP.jpg

I was covering London Fashion Week, hence the clothes!
Lloyd, this work is superb, stunning colour and lovely sharp but natural focus and DoF

Uncharacteristically of Northern Ireland, there were actually a few hours of sunshine during our last visit there. It was actually so bright that my eyes were watering while looking through the WLF, but I guess that's what happens when you tend to shoot straight toward the sun! Unfortunately, it was as cold and windy as we would have normally expected...

A few shots with Portra 400, my Bronica SQ-A, and Bronica S 105mm f/3.5 lens:

Uncharacteristically of Northern Ireland, there were actually a few hours of sunshine during our last visit there. It was actually so bright that my eyes were watering while looking through the WLF, but I guess that's what happens when you tend to shoot straight toward the sun! Unfortunately, it was as cold and windy as we would have normally expected...

I really like the second and last one RJ (y)

The second and third, especially, are just wonderful.

Boot greaser Penalta colliery, 6x9 fuji 160s

12796630424_5fc0bb30e5_b.jpg

Random selection of shoes found in an old industrial unit in barry expired fp4 in rodinal

12796206925_bcb5e10238_b.jpg

Train bridge porthkerry south wales expired Fp4 rodinal

12796213895_5173e1272a_b.jpg

I have been busy lately and can't spend much time on the computer. Every time I look I see so many nice shots. I am very pleased to see so many enjoying film.

Love seeing pictures from the other side of the Atlantic.

I love these two shots!

I also think I read a curious theory a number of posts previously touching on the way film shots have this capability to make a simple, even dull, scene much more interesting. I quite agree, I've often preferred an image shot on film to a near identical image shot on digital without being able to explain exactly why. Weird that, huh.

Thank you.

I feel the same. I have a couple of very nice digital cameras that set in the cabinet while I shoot roll after roll of film. Film just has a feel that for me digital can't approach no matter how nice the digital image is.

Manual Focus and Self Timer Nikon FG 50mm ina Pub is Saltaire
Was never going to come out well :)

Testing out my new Contax T3 - a snapshot of the puppy with HP5...

Very good osh,but,why is the puppy in the way?:D

A rare splash (see what I did there....?) of colour from me, Portugal a couple of weeks ago, Kodak Portra 160;

Mark

Mark,see how you and colour get on together. Very good. Portra is one of my favourites. Footprints are cool and look very good.

Manual Focus and Self Timer Nikon FG 50mm ina Pub is Saltaire
Was never going to come out well :)

At least you should have the bottle label in focus,you always have before.:)

Although the Bronica systems have a good reputation for image quality, they have never really been known for their close focusing capabilities. Fortunately for me, I've recently been able to pick up the 180mm lens for the SQ, which focuses down to one metre, allowing for some tight portraits.

I've really only taken a few images with it, but I'm impressed with the quality so far. Here is one of those images with the 180mm PS lens at f/6.7 and 1/60s:

Back