Show us yer film shots then!

Face of a Molly - candid at the Whittlesea Straw Bear Festival at the weekend.

15642700743_69be8f2ae5_z.jpg

Flickr link

SQ-A / HP5+ / Rodinal
Superb monochrome, would make a great 70's album cover!

EDIT, Just spotted that Nick @RaglanSurf has just said another image, (by @Andysnap )would make a good album cover. Bit of a theme emerging tonight!

Last edited:
Couple of shots from the first roll through the Leica M2. I say first roll, it was actually the second. I think there was a problem with the Kentmere they gave me when I bought the camera as the negs were all blotchy and weird. The photos are a little boring of course, but the camera & lens combo seem to work well. At the moment I have a roll of Tri-X in there but it's taking me a long while to manage to shoot it. These were shot on expired Ektar 100.

tumblr_nhiiiwW5po1tnkkvto2_r2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nhiiiwW5po1tnkkvto1_1280.jpg

View attachment 28607

Mine Deputy and Chock Fitter carrying out a daily inspection of the roof supports on the coal face.

Its a great picture......I've tried to walk away but I feel its my duty to blurt out how oddly camp it looks.

I dunno if its the shorts, the pose, the lederhosen stripes, Clarke Kents safety glasses or they both just had too much mince for lunch, I dunno..:D

Have decided to bite the bullet and carry my Mamiya up the mountains tomorrow... Snow depth is up to a metre in the drifts so the pics might be a bit overexposed ;)

not if it meters off the snow .

not if it meters off the snow .
It's "meter" is me ;) Sunny 16 minus a stop or two would have been my guess... took it up there yesterday and was shooting 400 film at f/16 1/160th and a further bracket at 1/125th - I'm finding my B&W come out far better if I take my DSLR exposure and add a stop. Obviously my DSLR meter on evaluative will be underexposing as it tries to set the snow to mid-grey, though. I'm now on exposure #7 of this roll, so plan to take a few more today and then send it off for processing :)

yeah give it a couple Paul ,,,cant go wrong with film ,, ( unless you're me , ) :D

Nice shot Jao but did you use Photoshop to blur the back gound as it looks odd with halos on the skyline.

Brian, I did darken the sky very slightly with a gradient in LR but I didn't blur the background. I do use photoshop, but solely for dust removal following scanning. However hard I try to remove dust befor a scan I always seem to capture some.

Traveller Selfie
Yashicamat 24-modded to take 120, Shanghai GP3, Ilford LC29 @1-19, V500

15388379647_9b2bc60ed5_b_d.jpg
I have enjoyed The last couple you have posted. This one has a great range of tones and good light, the choice of shallow depth of field and what to focus on has worked very well.

Reactions: Jao
@jojo90 The Zorki shot is superb. I had one back in the 70's. Never ever managed to figure it out..!!

Back