Show us yer film shots then!

I found out why my B&W shots on my 1980 Pentax 6x7 MU had 'Focus Troubles' -- there was some 'play' on the camera back due to rotten seal strips -- I renewed the strips with some foam kindly sent to me by a Forum Member on here and now NO 'Play' and on quick FILLUM test -- sharp snaps again !
Now I have 'Taken Over' my Wife's NIKON gear to add to my ' Treasures' and have done the first test on short length of Fuji ACROS 100 on the FE2 using all the lenses -- have a look at the snaps --
Nikkor AF 35-80mm f4-5.6 D at f11 and 'auto' exposure

NIKON FE2 Tests by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Nikkor AF 35-80mm f4-5.6 D at f11 , 'auto' + 0.5 stop exposure compensation -- Bicycle Racks --

Nikkor 50mm f1.8 @ f2.8, 'auto' exposure in the shade

Nikkor 105mm f2.5 at f5.6 'Manual Exposure' 1/250 + weak flash

Nikkor 28mm f3.5 @ f5,6, 'auto' + +1 stop exposure compensation + RED Filter

That's an awesome result Carl. Really not helping me in convincing myself that I don't 'need' another 4x5 camera...

Cheers Steve :) You always need another camera! I'm surprised you haven't 3d printed all the separate parts of a field camera yet, that would be an impressive project! :)

Cracking shot.

Surprised they let you use a tripod, mind. I was told in no uncertain terms by a jobsworth to put mine away on Penarth pier.

Thanks Keith :) I think their rules are no professional photographers on the pier without permission, but I don't think there are any rules about tripods (that I saw anyway). Lucky too as I'm not sure how I'd have got on with the Nagaoka hand held! :LOL:

A second photo from Clevedon at the weekend. Initially I wasn't sure about this one as there's not much separation in the foreground, but I've come to like it since.

Nagaoka 4x5 with 90mm f/8
Delta 100 in HC-110 (B)
1/4 sec at f/45 with some front tilt.

Clevedon Pier
by Carl Hall, on Flickr
Another nice result Carl (y)

Perhaps it's jsut me, but is the horizon sloping off to the right even though the verticals on the pier seem correct.?

Got my first lot of scans back from filmdev and couldn't be more happier:). Had to run a couple of film though my rolleiflex 3.5f just to test the built in meter, all seems fine . Oh and the self timer works too :)

Fujifilm pro 400h + ilford hp5 400.

IMG_1651.JPG IMG_1634.JPG IMG_1640.JPG IMG_1642.JPG

img_1651-jpg.73838

TLR mirror selfies are always the classiest mirror selfies.

Just to prove that wildlife shots are possible on a TLR, here's a Roe Deer at Dunham Massey..... I will admit that the deer are pretty tame. :)

Mamiya C330f, Mamiya Sekor 1800mm lens, Kodak Ektar 100
Roe-Deer - Wildlife on a TLR by Andy, on Flickr

If that's not a typo, I'd love to see that lens attached to a TLR. (Lovely shot, too, but a slight green cast I think)

Oops, of course it should be 180mm.

And the green... well as I have stated previously, there is no such colour. We, the differently chromatised, are determined to stamp out this talk of 'reds' and 'greens' that you lot are imposing upon us.

:D

And the green... well as I have stated previously, there is no such colour. We, the differently chromatised, are determined to stamp out this talk of 'reds' and 'greens' that you lot are imposing upon us.

:D

Stick to B&W Andy, it's safer. :)

Now the 'Mid-Tones' are going Magenta ----

Cracking shots, lovely colours, proving once again that Vista gets a bad rap as a "test film".

If you go to Poundland, you can get it for a quid a roll and bypass the resellers on eBay. You can even get it from Poundland's website for £4 delivery.

****Vista gets a bad rap as a "test film".***

Well it's not because it's crap IMO but if you are testing a camera it's best to use the cheapest film available.

I think it might be the other end of the stick you're looking for Brian.

;)

H'mm so those who think Vista is only good for testing camera faults haven't seen the Vista thread...come on names please, stand up and be counted.;) If you can't get any decent shots using Vista or even old Kodak colorplus maybe digi would help you :D

H'mm so those who think Vista is only good for testing camera faults haven't seen the Vista thread...come on names please, stand up and be counted.;) If you can't get any decent shots using Vista or even old Kodak colorplus maybe digi would help you :D
Good for testing cameras, end of.

Here is outdated Kodak Colorplus 200 at the London Lord Mayor's Show in an old Cosina CT-1 with weak flash from a Miranda 630 CD unit and a SMC Pentax-M 28mm f2.8 lens, scan from print done by BOOTS of Brentwood High Street --- nothing wrong with Vista OR Colorplus 200 !

FILM : Lord Mayor's Show London. by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Back