Show us yer film shots then!

Gave my 'Gift' MINOLTA Dynax 40 an outing loaded with 2007 outdated Fuji ACROS 100 which I rated at 100 and processed in Home-Made Microphen 1+3 for 13 mins @ 20oC -- Maybe some negs were not as 'sharp' as those from RODINAL 1+50 but I am still experimenting -- I show THREE frames taken at Southend-on-Sea Essex ( England) with the Minolta AF Zoom 28-100mm f3.5-5.6 D lens and K2 Yellow Filter.
Dynax 40 -Southend 03.jpg Dynax 40 - Southend 02.jpg Dynax 40 -Southend 01.jpg

A couple more from Iceland.

The first is Ektar and the second is expired Ektachrome 100VS. Enjoying scanning this slide film...click, import, done. Beats all the messing with colour negatives.

28841191471_20d7ac653f_b.jpg

28811654272_7ba94a3104_b.jpg

Last edited:
A couple more from Iceland.

The first is Ektar and the second is expired Ektachrome 100VS. Enjoying scanning this slide film...click, import, done. Beats all the messing with colour negatives.

28841191471_20d7ac653f_b.jpg

28811654272_7ba94a3104_b.jpg

Iceland and Ektar. My favourite combination.

I'm not sure exactly when it expired (without rummaging through the freezer to find the other boxes), but I think it popped it's clogs around 2010. It was purchased as a large job lot from a pro, so I suspect it's likely to have been cold stored. I exposed it normally at 100 ISO (for the highlights using an incident meter) and processed it with the Tetenal three bath kit.

I went back to London today as a 'Tourist' and this time lugged 2 Pentax 6x7 bodies with various lenses. filters etc -- well after almost giving myself another Hernia I processed the B&W i took and was very disappointed with the 'focus' -- most frames were 'out' under a x 6 magnifier -- I have only three to show you -- hope the E6 Colour results will be better !!

London 02.jpg London 03.jpg London 01.jpg

TOP : 45mm f4 SMC Pentax + Green Filter , MIDDLE: 105mm f2.4 no filter, BOTTOM : 75mm f4.5 SMC Pentax Shift No Filter

I went back to London today as a 'Tourist' and this time lugged 2 Pentax 6x7 bodies with various lenses. filters etc -- well after almost giving myself another Hernia I processed the B&W i took and was very disappointed with the 'focus' -- most frames were 'out' under a x 6 magnifier -- I have only three to show you -- hope the E6 Colour results will be better !!

View attachment 71384 View attachment 71385 View attachment 71386

TOP : 45mm f4 SMC Pentax + Green Filter , MIDDLE: 105mm f2.4 no filter, BOTTOM : 75mm f4.5 SMC Pentax Shift No Filter

Three good'uns though Pete. What do you attribute the focus errors to ?

View attachment 71384 View attachment 71385 View attachment 71386

Well you have got three good images there. It is a shame about the out of focus ones. I am envious of the fact that you shot, developed and scanned them in one day. I wish I had the time to do that. I hope all the necessary stuff is still available when I retire and have the time to do it!

Testing out the new Nikon 105mm f2.5 with some Agfa Vista, not my normal focal length for a walkabout lens but I like it

Capital Ring Pt 1 by Nick Watson, on Flickr

Capital Ring Part 1 by Nick Watson, on Flickr

Nikon FM2n Vista 200 27 by Nick Watson, on Flickr

Particularly like the 2nd one Nick.

I find that the 105mm F/2.5 is one of my most used lenses especially when there is some sort of local event that demands picking out specific subjects / people without all the surrounding "clutter"

Imo it's a much better length for portraiture than the 85mm F/1.8 that I have and, as can be seen in your last two shots, it offers some punch with it's sharpness of the subject against the oof BG

Particularly like the 2nd one Nick.

I find that the 105mm F/2.5 is one of my most used lenses especially when there is some sort of local event that demands picking out specific subjects / people without all the surrounding "clutter"

Imo it's a much better length for portraiture than the 85mm F/1.8 that I have and, as can be seen in your last two shots, it offers some punch with it's sharpness of the subject against the oof BG

I've joined the club as well :cool:

Hi all,

Just a quick post. Sharing an image that I took way back in 1991 in the high Arctic. The view is across Kongsfjorden in Spitsbergen towards the Tre Kroner.The camera was my first film SLR (Pentax P30T) and a 50mm F1.7, small and very portable; essential in such a regime!

This is actually two separate images that I stitiched together to make a broader vista.
Sval-pan3c.jpg
Cheers
Lester

Last edited:
That's very nice indeed, Lester, welcome to F&C! Still a Pentaxian by any chance?

That's very nice indeed, Lester, welcome to F&C! Still a Pentaxian by any chance?

Thanks Chris and and to all for the lovely welcome here. It was a wonderful experience being in the Arctic and 24 hours of daylight too!

Passed on my Pentax P30T to my brother, it was a great little camera and reliable. The manual Pentax cameras are still great, and I think the LX still holds its value. I moved over to Nikon, and with the DSLR ruling the roost,the pro film bodies were too good to pass up.

Got loads of images from the Arctic trip, but still need to get the scanned. Lots and lots of prints :)

Cheers
Lester

Not shot on film but in true F&C fashion I figured I could shoehorn it in ;0)

My little camera tech fired her way through 2 rolls of Vista in the Olympus Mju Zoom 105 I picked up for the 35mmc cheap camera challenge. I've got a film photographer in there ;0)

View attachment 70556

I got the digital download scans back from FilmDev today (I only sent the film via 2nd class on Thursday so really good turnaround). Chloe's got some good results :0)

All shot on Agfa Vista in a slightly battered Mju Zoom 105

IMG_1471289260.033554.jpg

IMG_1471289268.353247.jpg

IMG_1471289278.805973.jpg

IMG_1471289285.410810.jpg

Brick Lane London : 'Gift' Minolta Dynax 40 for B&W and Dynax 5 for E6 colour -- I had a darkroom printing session so these are scans from 7x5" prints on outdated Ilford Multigrade III in Multigrade Developer + 1% Benzotriazole, Durst M305 + 50mm El-Nikkor lens. FILM was 02/2007 outdated Fuji ACROS 100 processed in Home-made MICROPHEN 1+3 , Scanner HP ScFADU 10.jpg FADU 06.jpg FADU 07.jpg FADU 08.jpg FADU 09.jpg anjet 4570c

fuji400.jpg fuji2.jpg castle.jpg First Image:
Castle Hill , Kirklees
Canon 50E + 20-35mm F/2.8L
Fuji Superia 400
DIY Rapid Development at 45 Degrees!
2 Mins Dev!
Pakon F135 Plus!

Second Image:

Castle Hill , Kirklees
Sunset Light!
Canon 50E +135mm F/2.8L
Fuji Superia 400
2 Mins Dev!
Pakon F135 Plus!

Third Image:

Castle Hill , Kirklees
Canon 50E + 20-35mm F/2.8L
Fuji Superia 400
2 Mins Dev!
Pakon F135 Plus!castle.jpg fuji400.jpg fuji2.jpg

Last edited:
Here are a few E6 Colour from my short trip to Brick Lane London-- I used my 'Gift' Minolta Dynax 5 loaded with 2006 outdated Kodak Ektachrome Elite 'Extracolour' given by an Old Mate of over 40 years ! it was still GOOD at 100ASA but I just had to do a little 'Colour Correction' in PhotoShop 7 as i would in the darkroom as they had a 'blue/magenta cast . All taken on the Minolta AF Zoom 28=80mm f3.5-5.6 D lens
Dynax 5 Brick Lane 04.jpg Dynax 5 Brick Lane 05.jpg Dynax 5 Brick Lane 06.jpg Dynax 5 Brick Lane 07.jpg Dynax 5 Brick Lane 09.jpg

@RaglanSurf ...Nick
@excalibur2 ....Brian

I've read a lot recently about the Nikon 105mm f2.5

I currently have a Nikon 100mm/2.8 Series E... and I recall one of you has too

how does the 2.5 compare, as the 100mm/2.8 E gets some good press - and I have a good copy

BTW - where did you find them..?

thanks

Well John I don't own a 100mm f2.8 series E, but I would be surprised if you could see the difference stopped down for sharpness and then it might show up drum scanned and enlarged to poster size o_O maybe the105 would be sharper wide open but hey I'm guessing.

Why get a Nikon or other top quality lens? AAMOI have just compared the difference between Nikon 24mm f2.8 F and Vivitar 24mm f2.8 on a FM camera using Agfa Vista, both lenses at f2.8...but stopping down and they equalise a lot and the difference between the two lenses would be looking for less sharp edges and distortion. Also no sharpening in Photoshop just normal Asda sharpening.

Viv 24mm f2.8 @ f2.8

Nikon 24mm f2.8 @ f2.8

Last edited:
Brian... I have all the Nikon lens I need ( or can afford) but was interested in views on the 105/2.5.... no doubt I'll continue with my 100/2.8 E

BTW - i reckon that the Nikon image is WAY sharper across the whole image at 2.8
even the lower RHS kerb stone and concrete path has better detail ....thats a nice lens.!

Here are a few E6 Colour from my short trip to Brick Lane London-- I used my 'Gift' Minolta Dynax 5 loaded with 2006 outdated Kodak Ektachrome Elite 'Extracolour' given by an Old Mate of over 40 years ! it was still GOOD at 100ASA but I just had to do a little 'Colour Correction' in PhotoShop 7 as i would in the darkroom as they had a 'blue/magenta cast . All taken on the Minolta AF Zoom 28=80mm f3.5-5.6 D lens
View attachment 71674 View attachment 71675 View attachment 71676 View attachment 71677 View attachment 71678

Very much like the colour that the set of photo,s express and the first two you have captured with the single male and female in work very well indeed.

Brian... I have all the Nikon lens I need ( or can afford) but was interested in views on the 105/2.5.... no doubt I'll continue with my 100/2.8 E

Well I don't know if Nick has also the 100\f2.8 E but views on the net for guys who have both are happy with either of them...but did say the 105/2.5 AIS gave a slightly better bokeh in the background.
For me, the only other lens I have in that range is a 100\f2.8 X-Fujinon T and am interested in seeing the difference..well I've taken shots of everything interesting in a 10 mile radius of my house and have nothing else to do :D
OH and you ask where we\I got them:- well you don't see top Nikon lenses at the bootie (if they are there then the dealers get them about 6:30 in the morning), so I got the 105\f2.5 F mount Sonnar version and the 24mm f2.8 F mount from another forum and they were £115 for both inc postage.

Back