Show us yer film shots then!

Blimey... another one. Wista 45, Nikkor 180mm f5.6, Fuji 160NS

Restormel Castle. I walked around this place 2 or 3 times and ended up taking the shot from the first place I looked at.

Restormel-Castle by Andy, on Flickr

Good to see you have a decent camera :)

;) and indeed the FM is a nice camera and like it erm well except Nikon have to be annoyingly different to anyone else by having the batteries with neg outwards and mounting the lens the wrong way and a non rectangular viewfinder :( but if you only have a Nikon FM you wouldn't know about other cameras and wouldn't be annoyed :D

Blimey... another one. Wista 45, Nikkor 180mm f5.6, Fuji 160NS

Restormel Castle. I walked around this place 2 or 3 times and ended up taking the shot from the first place I looked at.

Restormel-Castle by Andy, on Flickr

Blimey indeed, Andy... the grass is green, the sky is blue, the stone is grey, what's going on?:D I particularly like the pink flowers bottom left, though...:p

Very nice pic, Andy!

Blimey indeed, Andy... the grass is green, the sky is blue, the stone is grey, what's going on?:D I particularly like the pink flowers bottom left, though...:p

Very nice pic, Andy!

What are these words you speak.... This is a black and white shot. :D

Run rabbit run! Bronica ETRSi, 40mm lens onto Portra 400 film.

View attachment 71846

Good shot! (ahem) Since you have a Micro-Press camera as your avatar, I would have thought this viewpoint offered itself perfectly towards employing the Scheimpflug rotation which would have kept the end of that barrel sharp! (Just joking, great picture)

Cracking viewpoint.
Good shot! (ahem) Since you have a Micro-Press camera as your avatar, I would have thought this viewpoint offered itself perfectly towards employing the Scheimpflug rotation which would have kept the end of that barrel sharp! (Just joking, great picture)

Thanks Trevor & Nick,
I don't use my MPP as much I should because it's in such mint condition I'm scared of marking it! The Bronica 40mm PE lens has cracking depth of field at small apertures though.

And a conversion. I liked the positioning of the 3 figures in this, all looking at the Cathedral, including Sir EE.

Cathedral-View by Andy, on Flickr

Pentax 67 with 105/2.4 and 75/4.5 lenses and Ektar 100 self developed with the Fuji Hunt kit and scanned with a Coolscan 9000

I can't believe how amazing these two lenses are - I dare to say that they are at least as good if not better than the lenses on my Hasselblad.

BMW by Nicholas T, on Flickr

Yellow Reflectors by Nicholas T, on Flickr

Orange Chain by Nicholas T, on Flickr

Blue Door by Nicholas T, on Flickr

Well if there is any advantage getting old...then one (maybe the only one) advantage is watching your kids grow up:-

About 2-3 years old taken in about 1972 using Agfacolor slide film
agfacolor1-1000px.jpg

Sixteen years later and the Arthur Askey glasses is to show the size of the print (which I did myself) probably Rollei SL66

Last edited:
And a conversion. I liked the positioning of the 3 figures in this, all looking at the Cathedral, including Sir EE.

Cathedral-View by Andy, on Flickr

Andy #1 is very good,I like that very much,just the right amount of OOF and popping the sculpture very well.

David and Goliath....I wonder how it was caught or was there a battle...large crop of an Asda scan so the pixels are showing as I had the wrong camera loaded for my macro lens.

CNV00002-crop.jpg

A couple from my ongoing project to find a consistent working Olympus Trip.

Shot on Acros 100 developed by Filmdev.

Steps by Jon, on Flickr

Bikepacking by Jon, on Flickr

I notice that they have a lot more grain than the shots nicoimages shared above - difference in developing, scanning or good old user error (mine off course!)?

A couple from my ongoing project to find a consistent working Olympus Trip.

I notice that they have a lot more grain than the shots nicoimages shared above - difference in developing, scanning or good old user error (mine off course!)?

Acros is one of the most fine-grained films available. Because the Trip has a limited range of apertures and shutter speeds, and the meter may not be reliable, I suspect they have been underexposed and the scanner has dragged out an image at the expense of noise.

Although I had been thinking of doing it for ages, I finally experimented with a bit of freelensing with my Hasselblad. This technique allowed me to get most of the Rolleiflex nameplate in focus, which is fairly impressive given that this was f/2 on medium format at close range. The backing paper appears to be visible in the top left corner, however, and there's a bit of light leakage, so there are some downsides.

I rather like the overall look though, but it isn't exactly easy to set up, especially indoors where there is limited light (so there's possibility of lens shake at slow camera speeds, even though camera is on tripod). I've included a normal image with lens attached to camera for comparison.

Freelensing at f/2:

Normal set up at f/2:

Nice sharp shots with the 28mm DSB...my 28mm DSB was crap (tried swapping an element around but that worked for close distance only) and the 50mm DSB was crap as well, so threw them in the bin......unlucky me :eek: anyway a member gave me another 50mm DSB and that is ok though.

Nice sharp shots with the 28mm DSB...my 28mm DSB was crap (tried swapping an element around but that worked for close distance only) and the 50mm DSB was crap as well, so threw them in the bin......unlucky me :eek: anyway a member gave me another 50mm DSB and that is ok though.

The same happened to me with the Yashica 135mm, I have a DSB and a ML C, the latter is more compact (that is the C) the ML are supposed to be better than the DSB, but not in this case. Even so, I like all my Yashica lenses, but when I compare them with the results of the Zuiko or Takumar lenses, sometimes and under certain conditions, the difference is bigger than I would like to admit. But when you think about price-quality, in my opinion Yashica is the winner by far for amateur photography.

Barry Island. AGFA Vista, Pentax Spotmatic, Optomax 35mm lens.

img030-Edit.jpg

The rocking stones, Pontypridd. AGFA VIsta, a Pentax 48mm-200mm compact zoom.

img001-2.jpg

Pontypridd Common, same compact zoom.

img017.jpg

A few photos of the WWI display at Great Dorset Steam Fair this year. Pushed FP4+ to ISO 400 and souped it in HC-110 (B) for 15 mins. The results are really contrasty but luckily I think it suits the subjects. Next time I'll have to remember to take some HP5 with me!

GDSF 2016
by Carl Hall, on Flickr

GDSF 2016
by Carl Hall, on Flickr

GDSF 2016
by Carl Hall, on Flickr

GDSF 2016
by Carl Hall, on Flickr

Gave my Olympus OM-2n an outing loaded with my 2007 outdated Fuji Acros 100 -- still loads left in fridge ! I CUT the film and processed in my Home-Made Microphen Formula 1+3 for 13 mins @ 20oC -- really needed 12 mins as some high-light areas were burnt out on scans but easy enough for Darkroom Prints. I scanned with an old Epson 1650 flatbed + Vuescan Pro + FastStone Image Viewer.

Monks in Brentwood High Street -- 75-150mm f4 Zuiko Auto-Zoom at f4

Brentwood -- Monks by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Make you OWN CAPTION --- 75-150mm f4 Zuiko Auto-Zoom at f4

Think up a Caption-- by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Shenfield Common Pond -- 50mm f1.4 G.Zuiko Auto-S + Orange Filter
Shenfield Common Pond 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back