Show us yer film shots then!

So, I got back the first roll through the Zeiss Mess-Ikonta 524-16 that I picked up the other week (after fixing a hole in the bellows and re-aligning the rangefinder). While the first five shots on the roll were pretty nice, they all seemed slightly soft - not enough to ruin them, but noticeable. But then I got to the frames I took when the sun came out and I'd used smaller apertures and, well, wow - I'm impressed!

FILM - Zeiss Mess-Ikonta 524-16-10
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Brad you can make it better in Photoshop..that car on the nearside looks like a Ford Consul ?

Looks a bit like a TR4 coming the other way too? Plus what look like English elm trees amongst the others either side of the bridge.

Looks a bit like a TR4 coming the other way too? Plus what look like English elm trees amongst the others either side of the bridge.

Looks like it...if the neg was scanned at a higher dpi we might see more detail without the pixels breaking up.

Using the film up with a few shots and couldn't be bothered working out the exposure so let the camera do the work.

Pub one side (well there are two next to one another) and opposite an Italian restaurant....the hardest bit is taking something that is a wow and making sure the camera is vertical (on a tripod) in the dark.....anyway I like them as I don't take many night shot.

jW0wPSz.jpg

UVPfQJ1.jpg

Last edited:
Four shots from my Kiev 4, developed earlier today by Snappy Snaps.

The knight on a horse statue was a part of Lincoln's celebration of the Charter of the Forest of 1217. All four are a part of my Buskers series that has been ongoing for several years now.

Film is Agfa Vista + from my store of Poundland film. Only 50-odd cassettes left.

Kiev 4-5.jpg Kiev 4-16.jpg 40980016.jpg Kiev 4-15.jpg

Got my test film back today from that Ensign Selfix 1620 camera I bought last week and I'm quite pleased with the results - example below straight from my Epson V600 scanner with no Photoshop tweaks (click on image to view bigger on Flickr). It looks to have the makings of being a nice, sharp camera; and with 16 shots to the roll I'll get more for my money! I think it's definitely worth treating this one to a CLA and shutter service. :)

Taken on Ilford XP2 400, 1/300 sec at f8 on a windy day.

img614 by J White, on Flickr

Last edited:
Camouflage. Can anyone see a young badger hiding in this photo?

img624 by J White, on Flickr

I'll give you a clue, it looks vaguely like a small human, it's got a Rolling Stones 'Brian Jones haircut' and it's hiding in plain sight!

One from my late father's slide collection, taken around 1974 on the banks of the River Clwyd, Bryn Saith Marchog, North Wales. Pentina 35mm SLR, Carl Zeiss Jena 50mm 2.8 Tessar lens on Kodachrome.

Last edited:
Back