Show us yer film shots then!

Been quiet for a while. Kinda avoiding forum life, nothing personal. :). Completely free of digital bodies now, just a few lenses to decide if I want to keep or let go for my F100.

Anyways, still been shooting. Here's Rachel on Kodak Portra 800

Rachel
Still working the magic (y)

Been quiet for a while. Kinda avoiding forum life, nothing personal. :). Completely free of digital bodies now, just a few lenses to decide if I want to keep or let go for my F100.

Rachel

You do manage to find really interesting light and use it very well indeed.

You do manage to find really interesting light and use it very well indeed.

Thank you, Andy. Still don’t seem to be able to achieve the ‘feels’ I’m after as well as I’d like. Can’t shoot as often as would like to develop this more.

Rachel
great lighting, I would love to capture that shot and I hope you don't mind me saying-what a beautiful girl.

Sooo. I shot a lot of film while I was away, partly because I had 3 mju's loaded up and partly because I was away for longer than usual.
Anyway, most of my colour neg was as crap as expected, but I shot a few rolls of precisa which knocked portra into a cocked hat, so I'm posting some of that.....for research purposes and general interest..:)

dwpb4n.jpg

ae9zb6.jpg

rwhrwz.jpg

Sooo. I shot a lot of film while I was away, partly because I had 3 mju's loaded up and partly because I was away for longer than usual.
Anyway, most of my colour neg was as crap as expected, but I shot a few rolls of precisa which knocked portra into a cocked hat, so I'm posting some of that.....for research purposes and general interest..:)

dwpb4n.jpg

I particularly like the shapes in this one

Snip:
but I shot a few rolls of precisa which knocked portra into a cocked hat
That's probably because Precisa is 100 ISO and Portra is 160, 400 or 800, plus it's slide not neg film, so perhaps not really an equal comparison? Isn't Precisa rumoured to be Fuji 100 too? Has anyone done a comparison between Precisa and Ektar 100 in the same lighting conditions, that might be interesting? Nice photos by the way, and they do look good on that film. :)

Here are a few volcano/caldera photos. If you look closely in the third photo, you can just make out a few people to get a sense of scale. While beautiful places to see and visit, they can be rather smelly...

All great, but I particularly love the colour in No. 2.

An amusing aside...the first time I climbed a volcano I happened to be munching through a bag of Icelandic salted liquorice. Now, 14 years later, whenever I eat liquorice I can 'smell' bad eggs. It's completely messed up something in the taste/smell part of my brain. You have been warned!

Still going thru' my jpgs deleting the losers and have to go in digi mode updating three hard drives for saves, but we have one up on the digi guys as we can always always go back to the negs (belt and braces)..anyway one thing I enjoy is picking up lenses for peanuts and to see how good they are, mind you I have so many lenses I'm more selective now and pass on zooms unless I recognise a special one. Well I like these shots from Ensinor 24mm and 80-200 zoom a bit saturated with colour but I don't mind as I didn't scan them ;).

Ensinor 24mm
mJd6cIU.jpg

Ensinor 80-200mm
f2IeERO.jpg

Back