Show us yer film shots then!

Two rolls in a week! That's more than a record for me :D Picked up a Canon Sureshot Supreme from a local charity shop for £3.00 a couple of weeks ago - popped a new battery in it and fired off a test film to see how it looked. I'm quite happy actually, I may well keep it!

The Sureshot Supreme is a nice little camera, I keep one in the car so I've always got a film camera handy if I'm out and about and see a good photo opportunity. :)

A couple more from the ploughing match last month. Canon EOS 30 with 70-300 EF IS lens on Kodak Gold 200.

[URL='https://flic.kr/p/PCfd7d']
[/URL]

Last edited:
The Sureshot Supreme is a nice little camera, I keep one in the car so I've always got a film camera handy if I'm out and about and see a good photo opportunity. :)

I'm quite smitten with it, need to practice more with it but I've seen some pretty nice results from it!

I would be disappointed with less than a dozen, 30%
I'm happy if I get one decent shot out a roll, I shot 2 rolls of 35mm and 3 rolls of 120 to get the one decent shot the I entered in the natural light portrait.

I'm happy if I get one decent shot out a roll, I shot 2 rolls of 35mm and 3 rolls of 120 to get the one decent shot the I entered in the natural light portrait.

Like I said, my standards are probably lower.

Is that your own brick collection Simon?

These were on a pallet at the Apedale Light Railway. I've no idea what they've done with them.

Over the years a pile of bricks have one awards and even exhibited in the Tate gallery...:rolleyes:

Virtual pixie points to the first person to see what this particular picture of a pile of bricks is all about.

After the disaster of trying to shoot the moon with the AF lens unable to lock on, I swung the camera around to take a street shot by moon light....it's a bit brighter than seen by the eye but what's the point if it's too dark ;)
h'mm naughty naughty filmdev as there are spots on the neg\scan
UHQLPtO.jpg

h'mm naughty naughty filmdev as there are spots on the neg\scan...

Ring them on Monday, they should still have your negatives, and they'll check it out. I've found them very responsive to any quality issues.

Ring them on Monday, they should still have your negatives, and they'll check it out. I've found them very responsive to any quality issues.

Can't be bothered Chris as it's only a test shot to see how the EOS 300v handles lowish light on auto....anyway I could easily remove the white spots in Photoshop

Can't be bothered Chris as it's only a test shot to see how the EOS 300v handles lowish light on auto....anyway I could easily remove the white spots in Photoshop

You're not related to my auntie by any xhance…..perhaps infected with a DNA cell or two:runaway:

She complains about stuff not being done correctly but does nowt to try make changes :rolleyes:

Drop 'em a quick polite line simply to bring the issue to their attention.
That way they may make efforts to ensure it doesn't happen again.
After all, next time it could be a very important negative wether it be yours or someone elses;)

You're not related to my auntie by any xhance…..perhaps infected with a DNA cell or two:runaway:

She complains about stuff not being done correctly but does nowt to try make changes :rolleyes:

Drop 'em a quick polite line simply to bring the issue to their attention.
That way they may make efforts to ensure it doesn't happen again.
After all, next time it could be a very important negative wether it be yours or someone elses;)

Well yeah but the way I look at it is... they are about the cheapest around and like Asda to keep the price low, can't possible scan every frame individually to get it perfect. I don't know the system at filmdev whether they do a batch of film in one go and then transfer all to the scanner with digital ice, but the quickest the girl at Asda did my roll of film and scan (with an index) was 15min so they would be earning £16/hour with all the overheads..anyway so as long as the shot is not covered in snow I don't mind a few spots, now and again, that I can removed easily.
If I was paying say £10 for dev and scan I would certainly complain..is my view right or wrong?

Are they actual dust-spots on the neg, or are they just blown points in the photo itself where there are bright lights visible as small spots between the foliage on the trees?

Well Nige maybe some are as they are yellow\pink like the car's headlights but a few are in dense foliage and one on the small tree trunk so the light couldn't possibly get through that...the only way to find out would be to scan my self h'mm but I always get a few spots home scanning but they might not be in the same places ;)
Anyway it just an ordinary AAMOI snap and not worth bothering with.

For me I haven't found the secret of making a shot in the woods a "wow"...I'm coming to the conclusion that it can never be until you see it at least poster size..... like you saw it in real life.
Vista 200 iso
SS9LdmC.jpg
I do like that but know what you mean. its such a hard subject to do justice to

For me I haven't found the secret of making a shot in the woods a "wow"...I'm coming to the conclusion that it can never be until you see it at least poster size..... like you saw it in real life.
when I started out with photography, woods were my biggest disappointment. They were also a big lesson in the fact that the camera cannot selectively see in the way our eyes can.

And your picture of the woods is far from shabby.

I do like that but know what you mean. its such a hard subject to do justice to

Instead of a happy nice scene, what seems to work better (esp on tv) is a wood with mist, maybe dark, to give that eerie feel ....people like being scared. :eek:

when I started out with photography, woods were my biggest disappointment. They were also a big lesson in the fact that the camera cannot selectively see in the way our eyes can.

And your picture of the woods is far from shabby.

Thanks... Indeed trying to put on film what the eye sees is the hardest bit and trying to get a sorta 3d effect with trees receding in the distance is also very difficult.

Instead of a happy nice scene, what seems to work better (esp on tv) is a wood with mist, maybe dark, to give that eerie feel ....people like being scared. :eek:
its capturing the feeling walking in a wood that's so difficult, so yep I guess the dark/spooky/misty adds to that.

I missed the deadline for New Old Film Challenge (again). Here is my entry anyway, home grown onions.

Horseman 760 with Schneider Angulon 90mm lens, Cropped from 6x9 positive on Fujichrome RXP. Shame this film is discontinued.

View attachment 137504

Very,very sharp and great detail,smashing still life, it is a shame you missed the deadline.

Second is the nicer shot with the extra contrast. Nettars are fabulous lenses.
I agree about contast, these were straight from scans just resized, didn't alter in Photoshop, I would if I were doing anything ie printing..
I'm just glad I got any back I was happy with.

Some lovely shots there Shane. I maintain that the C330 and all its lenses are very special indeed, if it was just half the weight I would take it everywhere.:)

Some lovely shots there Shane. I maintain that the C330 and all its lenses are very special indeed, if it was just half the weight I would take it everywhere.:)

Cheers :)

Yes, i’m loving the camera. I’ve taken it to Porto and San Diego now, rather than the much lighter Yashica Mat-124G - and getting used to the weight when carrying it around (particularly in 100 degree heat of Southern California etc).

Ta,
Shane.

Back