Show us yer film shots then!

There's something about the crane on it's redundant tracks with the horse like shadow of another crane in front that really appeals to me @Peter B
Thanks Chris. I toyed with the contrast to make it more prominent, but decided this was a good compromise.

@Kevin Allan, your Rannoch moor photo is sodding brilliant. Really like that composition and the exposure is spot on. Love it.
Gee thanks @Woodsy. It's very pleasing to get positive feedback from someone who's won a POTY.

With regard to the exposure, I spot metered off a grey card. I think I used a polariser on this one and metered at ISO20 to allow for 2 and 1/3rds stop extra for the filter. I took another version with a yellow filter (and no pola) which lightened the grasses nicely but, as you would expect, the reflection of the tree is less prominent.

The sky has been darkened with a virtual ND grad in Lightroom but this is nothing that can't be done in the darkroom when I get round to doing a wet print.

I didn't develop the film for long enough and the neg is very flat - it'll probably need Grade 4 at least in the darkroom.

Last edited:
50mm Summicron.

Pin sharp isn't it.

Perhaps you already know but the glass quite 'soft' and thus susceptible to fine scratches when cleaning the front element.

I haven't had cause for concern as yet but worth bearing in mind;)

Pin sharp isn't it.

Perhaps you already know but the glass quite 'soft' and thus susceptible to fine scratches when cleaning the front element.

I haven't had cause for concern as yet but worth bearing in mind;)
Thanks, I'll be wary! It came with a matching Leitz UVa filter for protection.

Thanks, I'll be wary! It came with a matching Leitz UVa filter for protection.

Very nice!

I have a yellow filter attached to mine pretty much all the time

We will remember them. Silhouettes of a lost generation mourn their fallen comrades as today’s generation go about their lives in the background.

World War 1 centenary memorial, Nantwich Town Square, Cheshire. Canon EOS 30, 40mm f/2.8 on Kodak TMax 400.

Last edited:
Well look at me posting photos all over the show, Machine gun Andy, that's me. :D

Wista Field 45, Nikkor 180mm f5.6 on Fomapan 100.

Orchid close up 2 by Andy, on Flickr

I took out my 2002 Hasselblad 501CM again loaded in an A16 back with 09/2006 dated Konica VX 400 pro . I had bought loads of it cheaply years ago when it was 'Fresh' ! i processed in CPAC C41 developer, Fuji-Hunt Bleach and 'sale price' Champion Fixer. Scan was with a 'Freecycle' Epson 2480 flatbed + Vuescan Pro + FastStone Image Viewer.
Three Photos taken in Weald Country Park near Bentwood, Essex I used the 180mm f4 CFi Sonnar for the more distant ones, 80mm f2.8 CFE Planar for overhanging leaves on dried-up pondVX400 07.jpg VX400 08.jpg VX400 09.jpg

Some awesome images in this thread!

Here's a couple of my recent portraits - mono are HP5+ and colour are Reala all captured on either my RB67 or RZ67. Mono are home developed and colour are lab developed.

wx5eYB6.jpg

rLmHqxg.jpg

k42ZugH.jpg

UUBVKbb.jpg

Jf1Jv0o.jpg

Some awesome images in this thread!

Here's a couple of my recent portraits - mono are HP5+ and colour are Reala all captured on either my RB67 or RZ67. Mono are home developed and colour are lab developed.

wx5eYB6.jpg

rLmHqxg.jpg

k42ZugH.jpg

UUBVKbb.jpg

Jf1Jv0o.jpg

All good but that first one is spot on, I could look at that image all day long

Last edited:
@Kevin Allan - meant to say - love your shed pics! So often people would use black and white for that type of subject but the colour really suits them.

Last edited:
As it was persisting down the other day I shot an indoor selfie! :D

Sans titre-3 TP.jpg

Tachihara 45

Fomapan 100 OOD

150mm, 250 seconds with reciprocicy ( metered at 16 secs) @ F/11

HC-110 solution B 6mins @ 20C

Epson 4870 scan

Heavy crop , slight curve adjustment ( to pull back the highlights a tad), No sharpening.

all captured on either my RB67

So is there a secret to getting in focus portraits? I have failed abysmally to getting anything right and those images are just fab.

So is there a secret to getting in focus portraits? I have failed abysmally to getting anything right and those images are just fab.

Thanks :) I tend to rack focus back & forth, gradually slowing down until I think I'm getting pretty close to focus and then I just guess as good as I can :) my magnifier on the RB waist level finder is broken and I like to shoot at wide apertures so I've gotten pretty good at winging it haha.

what is that Asha?

It's me under a darcloth! :D

It's a pot figure that stands nearly 6 inches tall made out of a very coarse clay.

Only one of its kind as I specifically ordered it from an English potter who visits Sospel sometimes twice a year and exhibits his produce.

He makes a whole mixture of stuff out of different clays and actually enjoys producing something different to the "norm" so he was delighted to make this " LF Tog " for me:)

Talking of Large Format......

Storm Front 1 by Andy, on Flickr

Wista Field 45, Nikkor 180mm f5.6 on OOD Fuji NS160.

Perch Rock, New Brighton just before the rains came.

It's me under a darcloth! :D

It's a pot figure that stands nearly 6 inches tall made out of a very coarse clay.

Only one of its kind as I specifically ordered it from an English potter who visits Sospel sometimes twice a year and exhibits his produce.

He makes a whole mixture of stuff out of different clays and actually enjoys producing something different to the "norm" so he was delighted to make this " LF Tog " for me:)

Thats really cool.

Very nice Andy, Smashing composition and a great dramatic sky.

Whilst this is fantastic Andy I actually prefer your other shot on Flickr - Storm Front 2 (Hope you don't hate me for saying this!)

It looks like an ND filter has added a slight purple tint to areas of the water in this one; might be completely wrong?

Last edited:
Thanks Fraser. I didn't use any filters and I can't see any purple, however I am colour blind so who knows :D I suspect that any tint on the water is a reflection from the clouds, they were beginning to look like a florid bruise at this point.

Both are brilliant Andy! It's more likely to be my dodgy eyes TBH and is reflections. I love them both - well done!

And another... what is he doing?????

A bit more panoramic this time and on the Wista from a different angle, this was about 3 minutes before the heavens opened, I just managed to get all the kit back in the bag before it got soaked.

Storm Front 3 pano by Andy, on Flickr

I think I prefer this one but it needs a bit more work before I get it printed.

Funnily enough, I've literally just seen that in the Flickr Group Andy. Another excellent result from your Chroma :) I'm going to put a mail together for the Chroma mailing list, along with Instagram/Facebook/Twitter with your shots later on today if that's ok?

Yep, no problem mate. Same rates as usual I suspect :D

Back