Show us yer film shots then!

I haven't uploaded anything here for ages, so here are a few from a trip to the Lake District in June, staying near Keswick by the shores of Derwentwater.

1) That tree, near where we stayed for the TP weekend

1907CDE Lake District 1 by Chris R, on Flickr

2) Buttermere, seen from near Haystacks

1907CDE Lake District 2 by Chris R, on Flickr

3) Ullswater, from the hills north from Aira Force

1907CDE Lake District 3 by Chris R, on Flickr

All taken using the Pentax LX with my Vivitar 35-70 lens, on Portra 400, devved by Filmdev

Certainly saw some togs up to their knees in the water, not sure if one of them was @Andysnap ?

Certainly saw some togs up to their knees in the water, not sure if one of them was @Andysnap ?

You will have had to look closely to find Andy, the only clue visible would have been his "breathing" straw protuding through the surface of the water:LOL:

O.K a bit cheeky this one and if Mrs Badger finds out I'm dead ! First one is Mrs Badger after hearing the word NO ! second one Mrs Badger after Tea and Cake !

COW.JPG

MRS.JPG

And here's a similar one of mine: Bridge of Brown Tearoom, inside wall, 5x4 FP4. Edit to add: looks mushy compared to the larger original - I just double checked.

LF01-0174 Bridge of Brown Wall6.jpg

Last edited:
I know that I've already posted a very similar image of this chapel not long ago however the artist who presently an exhibition of her work on display there, and who was extremely kind in allowing me access with a tripod and LF kit, invited me to return to expose another couple of frames, the first wide angle being composed as such to include part of her expo.

Printed out and duly signed / dated, she was absolutely delighted and taken aback by the detail visible in the physical photograph.
Sadly jpeg compression doesn't do it justice, in fact even the 209mb tiff file doesn't look as good as the print!

Sans titre-3 R  TP.jpg

Sans titre-2 R TP.jpg

Walker Titan SF
Lenses 75mm and 150mm ( iirc)
FP4
HC-110
Epson V700

Last edited:
A couple of crackers there Asha. (y)

Thanks Peter.(y)

Architecture is proving without doubt proving to be the most pleasurable area of photography for me.

I live in an area of outstanding beauty and as such the landscapes available to put to film are magnificent but sadly I don't seem to be able to render a landscape image in the same way as an architectural one.
We need @Woodsy out here to get the best from the local countryside!;)

Regardless, the fact that, imo, archictecture lends itself very well to monochrome and having a love for LF over all other film formats means that the equipment also lends itself perfectly too ( for adressing verticals etc)....What more could i ask for.:)

I will continue to shoot on LF whatever subject matter appeals, including landscapes....Who knows, one day i might actually get a panorama that I'm happy with in the way that I am with this chapel interior.

Excellent shots Asha but LF it's not convenient to shoot anything moving so just as well architecture is pleasurable to you ;)

LF it's not convenient to shoot anything moving

Although that is very true of the outfits that I possess, there are of course LF cameras such as the Graflex that were the norm for reporters years ago .
I used to have one and indeed have a shot of one of my cats taken with it but it wasn't for me, I prefer and thoroughly enjoy the (very) slow process of setting up on tripod etc etc.
In fact going back to when i had the RZ67, regardless of the weight issue at eye level, I always preferred to use that on a tripod and take time over the process of obtaining a photograph.

O.K there is a bit of a story to this one ! whilst out with both a disposable ( for the disposable challenge) and my Cosmic 35 I stopped at a church on my way to to Hampton Loade railway station ,I realized that I had never tried the clock work timer on the camera and thought I'd have a go. I propped the camera up on a leaning grave stone and had a quick look through the view finder worked out what it was framing and pressed the button as I thought it was pointing a little low I then decided that I would try my hardest to look a pratt by crouching in the shot pressed the button and ran. As you can see the timer worked as did my plan to look like a pratt !

idiot.jpg

O.K there is a bit of a story to this one ! whilst out with both a disposable ( for the disposable challenge) and my Cosmic 35 I stopped at a church on my way to to Hampton Loade railway station ,I realized that I had never tried the clock work timer on the camera and thought I'd have a go. I propped the camera up on a leaning grave stone and had a quick look through the view finder worked out what it was framing and pressed the button as I thought it was pointing a little low I then decided that I would try my hardest to look a pratt by crouching in the shot pressed the button and ran. As you can see the timer worked as did my plan to look like a pratt !

View attachment 252485

Better to intentionally look a Pratt than unintentionally! I speak from a place of experience :LOL:

Very slowly working through a rather large backload of processing ( The part that I don't enjoy between having obtained a negative and getting to printing stage ).

This one was taken earlier this year when I was on the South coast of England playing at kites with LF

Sans titre-2 small file.jpg

Wista 45
150mm ( iirc)
Delta 100
HC-110
V700

Those two are very nice indeed, @FishyFish. I haven't shot much HP5, but have been told it's lower contrast than Tri-X; those look pretty decent contrast though. And the skies show no sign of the obtrusive grain I've experienced with HP5... I can't remember, do you send your film away to Filmdev? If so, that's XTOL. If not, what developer did you use?

Those two are very nice indeed, @FishyFish. I haven't shot much HP5, but have been told it's lower contrast than Tri-X; those look pretty decent contrast though. And the skies show no sign of the obtrusive grain I've experienced with HP5... I can't remember, do you send your film away to Filmdev? If so, that's XTOL. If not, what developer did you use?

Thanks Chris. I use Peak Imaging for all my black and white stuff, but they also use Xtol.

I tend to add contrast in Lightroom anyway as it’s a look I like and the additional shadow detail the HP5 has over Tri-X is nice to have. There is grain there, but it’s not overpowering (plus I don’t mind grain anyway). HP5 has pretty much cemented itself as my favourite film now. I find it really versatile.

Back