Show us yer film shots then!

Last edited:
Doesn't look too much wrong with it, Lee? Slightly worried as I bought a roll with my last order, to test out. Thought it might make a useful cheapo alternative to Tri-X now the latter's getting quite pricey.

Doesn't look too much wrong with it, Lee? Slightly worried as I bought a roll with my last order, to test out. Thought it might make a useful cheapo alternative to Tri-X now the latter's getting quite pricey.
I have a roll in my F100 too. It’s quite a lot more grainy than I would like personally... I might actually try shooting the other roll at 200 instead to see if it makes a difference( or change the HC 110 dilution to do 3 minutes instead of 6). Be interested to see what you think of it.

It's amazing how much fun you can have with £2 worth of carnations (and a £200 lf camera and £100 of lights...)

View: https://flic.kr/p/2ipCLfk

Little over exposed in the highlights

View: https://flic.kr/p/2ipBM7g
I quite like the first one...
Interestingly when I do flower photography I nearly always place them to the right(so with your second one I'd have switched it horizontally...maybe it's an OCD thing :LOL:)

I quite like the first one...
Interestingly when I do flower photography I nearly always place them to the right(so with your second one I'd have switched it horizontally...maybe it's an OCD thing :LOL:)

Cheers Lee.

I'm fairly liberal with the whole left right thing, I can barely remember which is which most of the time. :D

Corona virus....? :eek:

Today I developed a roll of HP5+ shot in a Holga, at the Hopper Mausoleum. This was built in 1752, adjacent to a tiny church, in the middle of nowhere near the Northumberland-Durham border.

I totally messed up the development but actually quite like the results. I meant to semi-stand develop in HC110, diluted 1:160. Unfortunately when I poured the developer in, two things happened:

a) developer poured out of the middle of the two part Jobo tank, because I hadn't pressed it together properly.
b) I realised I had actually mixed the developer at 1:31 so it was about five times more concentrated than it should have been.

I tried adding some water to dilute the developer some more but I still ended up with gross overdevelopment. With a "normal" camera I probably would have thrown the negs out but since Holga images are supposed to be lo-fi I decided to go ahead and scan them.

Here's some of the results:

2020-1-26 Holga HP5 Hopper Mausoleum overdeveloped 006.jpg
2020-1-26 Holga HP5 Hopper Mausoleum overdeveloped 011.jpg
2020-1-26 Holga HP5 Hopper Mausoleum overdeveloped 008.jpg

Today I developed a roll of HP5+ shot in a Holga, at the Hopper Mausoleum. This was built in 1752, adjacent to a tiny church, in the middle of nowhere near the Northumberland-Durham border.

I totally messed up the development but actually quite like the results. I meant to semi-stand develop in HC110, diluted 1:160. Unfortunately when I poured the developer in, two things happened:

a) developer poured out of the middle of the two part Jobo tank, because I hadn't pressed it together properly.
b) I realised I had actually mixed the developer at 1:31 so it was about five times more concentrated than it should have been.

I tried adding some water to dilute the developer some more but I still ended up with gross overdevelopment. With a "normal" camera I probably would have thrown the negs out but since Holga images are supposed to be lo-fi I decided to go ahead and scan them.

Here's some of the results:

View attachment 268417
View attachment 268418
View attachment 268419

The Holga is great for this sort of thing. If anything, and speaking from experience, the images become even more Holga-ey when you somehow crack something up.

Back