Show us yer film shots then!

Testing a NIKKOR 28mm f3.5 at FULL APERTURE on the NIKON FE that my Wife never uses so I have 'taken it over' -- Film was the 'Gift' 1992 dated FP4 + processed in my Vary Old Dark Brown RODINAL 9.5 mins @ 20oC I do not think the Nikkor is as good at full aperture as my SMC Takumar 28mm f3.5 off my Pentax.
FE FP4+ Rodinal 11.jpgFE FP4+ Rodinal 12.jpg

Lloyds, one freezing foggy night around 1994 perhaps. Film is possibly Fuji Provia 1600. I remember having murders trying to get decent colours out of really fast slide film. Tried some Kodak stuff, but it gave a nasty magenta cast. There was some 'Scotchchrome' stuff I think, something like that, that was even worse. I think only the Provia gave acceptable results at such high speeds. Nikon F801s and MF 24mm f2.8 Ai.

Last edited:
Same time as previous photo. Probably Fuji Provia 1600. Could be some very fast Kodak Ektachrome possibly. Nikon F801s, 80-200mm f4 Ais.

(Having to compress images down to fit on this website is really degrading them, sadly)

Last edited:
When I started scanning the first strip of negs from my recently acquired Sure Shot Ace I was a little disappointed. Several of them were noticeably soft. As I love the fact that this otherwise basic compact point-and-shoot has a waist-level-finder (very bright and easy to use AND has the AF point clearly visible), this would have been a shame. However, as I progressed through the roll I was relieved to see that most of the shots were actually nice and sharp. I think the issue comes when shooting the camera into bright ligt because a) it flares badly, and b) I suspect it may throw the AF off. I need to shoot some more rolls, but I'm generally very happy with the results from the first.

Canon Sure Shot Ace
Ilford Delta 400

FILM - Slightly shorter shadow
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Last edited:
Last edited:
m2xI4D.jpg

Into the misty morning sunlight. Nikon F3/28-70 f3.5-4.5/FP4/DDX

I took a spot meter reading onto the grass below the tree,

I thought I was going to get "barred" :rolleyes: from photographing this window when the property owner asked why I was so interested in it.
All he could visualise was all the modern guttering close by ( hence the very tight crop LHS) and couldn't understand why someone would wish to waste film on it…...No doubt now there will be yet another local who is convinced that there is a crazy Englishman living in the village! :LOL:

tp.jpg

When I started scanning the first strip of negs from my recently acquired Sure Shot Ace I was a little disappointed. Several of them were noticeably soft. As I love the fact that this otherwise basic compact point-and-shoot has a waist-level-finder (very bright and easy to use AND has the AF point clearly visible), this would have been a shame. However, as I progressed through the roll I was relieved to see that most of the shots were actually nice and sharp. I think the issue comes when shooting the camera into bright ligt because a) it flares badly, and b) I suspect it may throw the AF off. I need to shoot some more rolls, but I'm generally very happy with the results from the first.

Canon Sure Shot Ace
Ilford Delta 400

FILM - Slightly shorter shadow
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

I like the results you have got with this camera. I should imagine with the waist level finder street photography could be fun. Ive looke3d on ebay and see the come with an infa red remote built into the side of the camera. theres a few on ebay for £40 Im sorely tempted.

I like the results you have got with this camera. I should imagine with the waist level finder street photography could be fun. Ive looke3d on ebay and see the come with an infa red remote built into the side of the camera. theres a few on ebay for £40 Im sorely tempted.

It's a very basic camera outside of the WLF and remote, but I'm pretty happy with the image quality. I think I'll save if for nice, bright days due to the lack of flash control, but I'm looking forward to getting out with it again.

One of my first Colour 4x5 photos, taken on MPP VII, 75mm Super W Komura on Fuji NP160. This is a pre cleaned up version

View attachment 269136
I really like that composition, Karl. It's a pity the ruin that the leading line points to so nicely, is a bit out of focus. Was that intentional? Perhaps a smaller aperture might have helped (do you have one of those depth of field apps on your phone? Found mine very useful). But the colours, the light, great stuff.

I really like that composition, Karl. It's a pity the ruin that the leading line points to so nicely, is a bit out of focus. Was that intentional? Perhaps a smaller aperture might have helped (do you have one of those depth of field apps on your phone? Found mine very useful). But the colours, the light, great stuff.

My focus might have been a touch off but this would have been shot at f45. I do have an app for dof but LF is always difficult, part of the fun

Back