Show us yer film shots then!

A 50% crop of a 10x8 neg due unexplained fogging to the full sized frame ( as shown in the 2nd image)

Overall I'm not pleased with the result hence a very quick PP to post on here, , although I do prefer the cropped composition.
Something to consider when i go back for a re-shoot.

TP.jpg

Original TP.jpg

is that a light leak from the top of the dark slide?

is that a light leak from the top of the dark slide?

The orientation of the film would suggest that yes it has leaked light at the darkslide end of the film holder which is potentially bad news.

I did have the darkslide removed for a while whilst waiting for the clouds to move into place but the darkcloth was draped over the rear standard

I haven't had any probs before but this exposure was probably in the brightest light that I've used the 10x8 tbh so only time is going to tell when i shoot more frames.

Just off the scanner, first rolls through this camera for me. It doesn't have to be the most amazing location, sometimes being able to see what you want from a scene helps, haven't finished cleaning this up, shot using a Fuji GSW690 with Fuji Acros, 3 minute exposurereceived_858473737956721.jpeg

Local river captured on 10x8 using the recently acquired Linhof 240mm/420mm lens in 'converted' mode.

If this ( slightly cropped and sharpened ) result is anything to go by, I reckon that i will be happy with my purchase!

tp linhof.jpg

Whitesands Beach, Pembrokeshire.
Voigtlander Bessamatic, Voigtlander Color Skopar f3.4 35mmlens on Fomapan 100.
Whitesands Bay 1 by Andy, on Flickr

Newgale Beach, Pembrokeshire. Nikon F801, Nikon 28-200mm lens on Kodak Gold 200.
A Lady of my Acquaintance.
Newgale 4 by Andy, on Flickr

Nikon F801, Nikon 28-200mm lens on Kodak Gold 200.
Before The Rains Came....
Before The Rains Came by Andy, on Flickr

That was an excellent couple of hours!!
Why, did Andy get cut off by the incoming tide again? ;)

Sorry Andy. :exit:

PS I'd posted that before scrolling down further and reading Peter's post! Anyway, highly predictable banter aside, I see Andy's using Kodak Gold 200 a bit lately, not bad stuff for the price is it Andy?

Last edited:
This is going back to the TP trip to Cornwall in 2017, Hasselblad, Acros, processed by FilmDev (Think) and tweaked by me in Lightroom and SilverFX

Godrevy Beach, Cornwall
by Nick Watson, on Flickr

Very nice, the first has just the right amount of swirly water and the second is suitably enigmatic.(y)

Two shots of my local station - a beautiful Art Deco affair that I personally think is quite a handsome building. I am currently going though a clear out of all things unused, one such thing being an Olympus trip I purchased years ago and never used that had a half finished roll in it from 2017! So I burned up the roll and shot these two on the last few frames of an old roll of FujiFilm 400 when the sunset was particularly fiery earlier this week. I have since sold the Oly Trip. Trying a different scanning approach as my Vuescan seems to provide a soft rendition, and the Epson software seems a lit sharper, but a bit more noisy...,

img057
by S8, on Flickr

img056
by S8, on Flickr

One or two of you are aware that I fell foul to a sudden change in weather whilst up a mountainside with LF kit a couple of days back.
As I was waiting for light, I passed time surfing on TP.
A couple of pics of the saga can be seen here:

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...-4x5-field-camera.636352/page-49#post-8636360

Anyway, after descending about 300ft, the wind calmed, the rain/ sleet nearly stopped and patches of sun / blue sky appeared so the fact that the gear was already damp/wet , I climbed back up! :wideyed:

Got all composed and set up with filters etc again during which time the light had gone back to being flat so another wait.:rolleyes:

10 mins or so and a return of howling wind and sleet:banghead:

Darkcloth draped over the camera, I stuck it out ( the cloth works extremely well as a camera raincoat.)

Eventually some sun broke through, along with a part rainbow which sadly was off to the LHS of the scene.

Regardless of the light still not being really what I wanted, I'd had enough of battling with the elements so fired the shutter before attempting to keep everything as dry as possible whilst packing away ( for the second time!)

I got a result:)

Not the best that might have been available with the ever changing light but it's not bad.

I might clean it up some more to print it, purely for the fact that it took such a bloody effort to obtain it!:LOL:

Up above the village TP (2).jpg

Last edited:
Trying one of my Black Canon AE-1's with the 1993 dated Ilford HP5+ bulk film i was given -- the frame counter said '16' but when I cut the film for processing in stock FX-15 ( Acutol-S) formula I had taken only 7 frames. Also, the AE-1 had the ' Canon Squeak' so I lubricated it with sewing machine oil in a syringe needle. I want to see if 'Stock Strength' gives finer grain on the well-outdated HP5+. Here I used a Canon SCC 50mm f1.4 FD fit off a FTbn at f6.7
Tree Climber by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Here I used a TOKINA AT-X FD fit 28-85mm f3.5-4.5 at 'Close Focus'
Glass Fish by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

I thought it was time to sort my fishing slides out (over 2,000 of the bloody things...) and in so doing found some I'd got developed from a roll of film that had been in my mju II for at least three years before I used it up on rubbish in 2012. Some of them haven't scanned too bad. Pity they're crap pictures

fishing (23).jpgmju2 (2).jpgmju2 (5).jpg

Back