Show us yer film shots then!

Untitled-1 copy.jpg
Golden Banana
Horseman 760 Schneider Tele-Xenar 180/5.6, Fuji Pro 400H
Got the banana at a local charity shop BNIB for £1, couldn't resist it!
This is from the first film using the new lens and the camera with it's new bellows.

Untitled-4 copy.jpg
Clockwork Duck
Horseman 760 Schneider Tele-Xenar 180/5.6, Kodak Ektar 100

Untitled-5 copy.jpg
Hanging Dogs
Fujica GW 690, Ilford SFX
From the first film with this camera, which arrived just as lock down started, hence the rather parochial subject. Little bit of camera shake. I can see that I'll have to be very careful with technique in future using this machine.

He also has a total lack of any PPE , Face sheild and dust mask , Doh !
You're quick enough to comment about human safety, but I notice you've not said a word about the appalling treatment of those two West Highland Terrier puppies in the photo above!

;)

I'm not sure why, but the middle section of this roll is noticeably grungier than the rest, with lots of fine scratches (at an angle, so probably not due to debris in the camera). I've removed the worst of them, but you can still see the effect.

Minolta SRT 101b
Rokkor 50mm f/1.7
Ilford HP5+ (@800)

FILM - In front of a nude
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Last edited:
A chance in my lifetime to see if the pollution is reduced in London to compare shot taken below 6 years ago.....erm now what excuse can I give a jobs worth copper why I am on top of a hill taking photos :film: ?. ? ?..............Not sure I want to travel 7 miles to find out.

iUZEOkT.jpg

Reactions: Jao
A large format camera.... taken with a large format camera? Madness.....

Wista by Chroma, Nikkor 180mm f5.6, Kodak T-Max 100.
Wista 1 by Andy, on Flickr

Sort of :) essentially yes, it’s a macro shot. I used a pebble, it’s a type of sedimentary rock washed smooth on a beach. I covered it very thinly with candle wax and sprayed water mist on it from a distance and put it in the freezer for two hours.

I used a 90mm lens and had to add about 4-5 stops for bellows compensation, and used about f11 with an exposure of 1/4 second :)

Not one which I have taken, but I scanned it a while back from a slide (4x5, I think) taken as a publicity shot in the early-mid 1960s of my late father assembling the gyro of a missile (possibly Blue Streak or Red Top) at the De Havilland factory in Horwich, Lancashire. Scanned in 4 segments on my Epson V500 and stitched in Lightroom. I have the original slide somewhere, but as we have moved house a couple of times since it was scanned, I have yet to unearth it.

Dad by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

A couple of old 'sports' pics; the first one I posted in another thread, but they go together.

Cyclist_1.jpg

Nikon FM2, 24mm f2.8 AI lens, Ilford HP5 @ 400 ISO. Negative needs a rescan; it's looking like it's deteriorating a bit. :(

Cyclist_2.jpg

Nikon F801s, probably a Sigma 28-70mm f2.8 lens, probably Kodak Ektachrome Elite 100, not sure now.

Not one which I have taken, but I scanned it a while back from a slide (4x5, I think) taken as a publicity shot in the early-mid 1960s of my late father assembling the gyro of a missile (possibly Blue Streak or Red Top) at the De Havilland factory in Horwich, Lancashire. Scanned in 4 segments on my Epson V500 and stitched in Lightroom. I have the original slide somewhere, but as we have moved house a couple of times since it was scanned, I have yet to unearth it.

I really like this for some reason. It's a lovely photo. I love the quietness of the scene, the concentration on the tiny parts, like a watchmaker or jeweller. Then you realise it's for something that was designed as a potential weapon. Then the photo takes on a different, somewhat uneasy and disturbing nature. Of course that's with context. and I'm not passing judgment. But on it's own, it's a lovely photo. I do hope you have it displayed somewhere at home, at least.

I really like this for some reason. It's a lovely photo. I love the quietness of the scene, the concentration on the tiny parts, like a watchmaker or jeweller. Then you realise it's for something that was designed as a potential weapon. Then the photo takes on a different, somewhat uneasy and disturbing nature. Of course that's with context. and I'm not passing judgment. But on it's own, it's a lovely photo. I do hope you have it displayed somewhere at home, at least.
Thanks - the incongruity of the photo to me is that Dad was really a larger-scale fitter/machinist. In his life after the war (which is another story) he variously worked making miners’ safety lamps, repairing railway carriages, and making large valves for oil fields and refineries. Really don’t know why or how he worked at De Havilland in-between these jobs. It’s the old story - I wish I’d got to know him better.

Amazing picture. I think remants of the factory still exists in Horwich, opposite the Barnstomers pub, very close to the Wanderers football stadium, and the giant Tesco. Did you live in Horwich then? I moved there in about 1970.

Amazing picture. I think remants of the factory still exists in Horwich, opposite the Barnstomers pub, very close to the Wanderers football stadium, and the giant Tesco. Did you live in Horwich then? I moved there in about 1970.
No, we lived at Orrell Post, near Wigan. Dad cycled to Horwich every day on his push bike. I worked at Westune Horwich for about 6 months in the late 70s. But I commuted in my Alfa. :D

I assume 6 months was the time it took for your Alfa to dissolve?! ;)
I owned 3 Alfasuds altogether. Beautiful to drive, rusted like a bean tin. Actually, that's being cruel to bean tins.

I owned 3 Alfasuds altogether. Beautiful to drive, rusted like a bean tin. Actually, that's being cruel to bean tins.
They are special cars, on my 7th at the moment, I have a 159 SW, Mrs has a MiTo, others have been 2x 147, Spider, another 159 SW and the beast 75 3.0 V6

Back