Show us yer film shots then!

the other was shot yesterday( and I couldn’t even recall what was on it !!....memory failure along with everything else [emoji23]) It May prove to be a pleasing image for you to see so I’ll keep it secret and post if the scan/ print is worth it.

Following on from yesterdays developing session detailed in the "sharing" thread, heres the result of the exposure i had forgotten about.

It has come out better than I expected tbh as for most of the time now, the landscapes are really hazy...t'is why I prefer autumn through spring seasons.

The orange filter will have helped to cut through some of it.

Anyway I hope you like;)

Intrepid MK4 Black edition
Ilford Delta 100

Vers Col de Brouis Sospel 2020 4x5 TP small file.jpg

Last edited:
H'mm Asha am I the only one here without cat's eyes..just my opinion but I think this looks better:-

MBufqty.jpg

H'mm Asha am I the only one here without cat's eyes..just my opinion but I think this looks better:-

MBufqty.jpg

It actually looks much darker on here than on my computer like most images do that I upload. I actually prefer slightly dark rather than too light although to be fair this scene could have done with using a soft grad. Saying that it was the sky that interested me more than the valley and mountainside.
A bit of a silhouette never goes amiss [emoji6]

It actually looks much darker on here than on my computer like most images do that I upload. I actually prefer slightly dark rather than too light although to be fair this scene could have done with using a soft grad. Saying that it was the sky that interested me more than the valley and mountainside.
A bit of a silhouette never goes amiss [emoji6]

Ah! it's just me as I was more interested in seeing what was under the clouds o_O :rolleyes:

Long before digi was invented family and friends were pleased to have their photo taken in my home flash setup with white umbrellas, lens diffusers for women etc BUT I never knew if they were just good shots that family and friend liked or WOW shots that would impress someone who really knew about portraiture. Anyway as mentioned in another thread it is important that you like your shots and who cares what experts think.
RB 67 180mm lens, lens diffuser and don't mind if you can find fault with my scanned neg of this shot of many erm that I could bore you with o_O:rolleyes:
cyaho98.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody who read my post in another thread about some views are just not worth taking..well as said, over the years have tried many lenses and I'm still not happy with this shot (the best so far) using a 135mm Hexanon lens. Thinking if it's not over grown, use a tripod, stop the 135mm lens well down to say f16 and see what happens. Shame if it doesn't work as it looks beautiful to the the eye.

5JMoEu8.jpg

I'd agree, needs full depth of field to stand a chance of working with that framing. If you look at it, it's actually two 'square format' scenes (with some minor reframing); the foreground, and the long shot from around where the duck is.

Yashica Mat 124G
Ilford HP5+
Ilfotec DD-X 1+4 9mins @ 20°

Architecture in miniature
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Could have a thread about "pop" ?
Not so long ago there was advert by Zeiss boasting about their 3d effect for their lenses, and one particular shot with one of their lens was impressive and IIRC they were saying "their lenses have superior micro contrast" erm well maybe so but you can still get the 3d effect (pop) with cheap lenses. (y)

I'd agree, needs full depth of field to stand a chance of working with that framing. If you look at it, it's actually two 'square format' scenes (with some minor reframing); the foreground, and the long shot from around where the duck is.

..or maybe two shots and photo merge in Photoshop.......

A few from our first tip out since lockdown.

Quarry Bank Mill, Ross Ensign 16-20 on Rollei RPX 400 which I rather like.

You had to book a time in order to control numbers and as we were the first to arrive (Top Gear quote) we were interviewed by Granada Reports. Sadly Jan's audition proved fruitless and they only used my bit :D

The Interview by Andy, on Flickr

QBM4 by Andy, on Flickr

QBM2 by Andy, on Flickr

Last edited:
A few from our first tip out since lockdown.

Quarry Bank Mill, Ross Ensign 16-20 on Rollei RPX 400 which I rather like.

You had to book a time in order to control numbers and as we were the first to arrive (Top Gear quote) we were interviewed by Granada Reports. Sadly Jan's audition proved fruitless and they only used my bit :D

The Interview by Andy, on Flickr

QBM4 by Andy, on Flickr

QBM2 by Andy, on Flickr

It’s a long time since I used RPX 400 .... back in 2008 /9 iirc but I really liked it at the time in 35mm format.
Very clean contrasty and sharp negatives .
Iirc I devd in rodinal back then , if not then it will have been lc29.
Nice results regardless ...like what you have achieved.
I wonder if it’s worthwhile having a play again with that film in sheet format using hc110..... hmmm summat to consider.

I’m wondering if he’s overcome his vertical challenge since I last saw him as his trousers no longer appear to fit.... they used to reach his ankles [emoji23] [emoji23]

I’m wondering if he’s overcome his vertical challenge since I last saw him as his trousers no longer appear to fit.... they used to reach his ankles [emoji23] [emoji23]

Oh dear he ain't gonna be pleased I posted the shot...nah Mr X likes a bit of fun.

A return to the village purposely to retake a shot on a brighter afternoon than the last effort I made of this scene when it was dim and dismal and that didn't please Brian @excalibur2

This one may also may not please as it isn't in focus everywhere.

Perhaps difficult to notice on a small file but there is only one line of focus that runs up, through the center ish of the scene to include the central tower of the old bridge.

Either side is purposely OOF.......I could of course made everything sharp and in focus but where's the fun in that lol

Sospel 2020 4x5 tp.jpg

Last edited:
Back