Show us yer film shots then!

I have been Loaned a Zuiko Auto-Macro 50mm f3.5 lens by a Camera Club member so i had a go with it on my Olympus OM2n 'Taken over from my Son who never uses it now only his Gadget' I am in 'Shielding Lockdown' as Vulnerable after my Big Liver Cancer Lesions op so only 'Garden Photography' and indoors allowed. i had a left-over cut length of 11/2002 Jessops Pan 100 marked 'Made in SPAIN' so not the usual 'Agfa' one. i processed in in my Home-Made Crawley's Formula FX-4 1+1 for 8 mins @ 20oc and got good negs which i scanned with my Canon 9000F Mk II + Vuescan Pro + PhotoShop 7 to adjust .
Macro 02.jpgMacro 03.jpgMacro 05.jpgMacro 08.jpg

Went up to Long Meg and her Daughters stone circle yesterday evening for the solstice, took a few snaps (Bronica SQA, Ilford Delta 100)

Solstice2 by Chris H, on Flickr

Solstice7 by Chris H, on Flickr

The first one is really nice. It looks like the back of an overweight stegosaurus. :)

Last edited:
I found some old negatives at the weekend of some photos I took at Woodford Air Show around the mid 1980s. They seem to have suffered a bit over the years but I managed to get a few reasonable scans from them, so thought I'd share. Taken with a Canon A1 and Soligor 400mm f/6.3 fully manual telephoto lens. No maker's name on the film it just says Safety and 100N. :thinking:

A Lancaster heading out

Lancaster coming back in, with the Cheshire hills in the background - yes, we do have some (mainly on the bit that borders Derbyshire)!

With bomb doors open... Bloody tree! :facepalm:

de Havilland Mosquito (sadly, this plane was lost a few years later in a fatal crash during a display at Barton Airshow near Manchester, due to an engine fault).

It's also sad to think that Woodford Aerodrome, once the testing site or birthplace of so many Lancaster and Vulcan Bombers, is now a housing estate. Gone is so much of our historic engineering past. :(

In my several decades of living in the city, I've never before noticed the "Disinfectants" sign above this door at the rear of Sheffield town hall. It apparently dates back to Victorian times when disinfectants would be given to less fortunate citizens who were unable to afford to buy them otherwise. It was part of a strategy to combat disease in the city at the time apparently.

Olympus OM-1
F.Zuiko 50mm f/1.8
Ilford HP5+ (@800)
Ilfotec DD-X 1+4 10mins @ 20°

Town Hall Disinfectants
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

In my several decades of living in the city, I've never before noticed the "Disinfectants" sign above this door at the rear of Sheffield town hall. It apparently dates back to Victorian times when disinfectants would be given to less fortunate citizens who were unable to afford to buy them otherwise. It was part of a strategy to combat disease in the city at the time apparently.

Olympus OM-1
F.Zuiko 50mm f/1.8
Ilford HP5+ (@800)

Town Hall Disinfectants
The more things change, the more they remain the same!

If you look carefully, you can just make out the old, leftover sign for the branch of Jacobs that used to be here. The window with the reflection of the white car was the storefront. As it was close to where I worked at the time, it was my default place for taking photos to be developed. I remember standing in large queues (especially in the summertime when people dropped of their holiday snaps) while waiting to drop off film or collect packs of prints, looking at the shelves of cameras and lenses that I couldn't afford while the aroma of developing chems hung in the air.

Olympus OM-1
F.Zuiko 50mm f/1.8
Ilford HP5+ (@800)

China Red restaurant

Last edited:
Any reason you didn't do it with just a single image in Photoshop? Or did you just fancy a challenge? :)
I've done it with single images in Photoshop before and TBH I fancied a go, also it had occured to me earlier in the month that it might be an option for this month's FPoTY. Obviously Orton originally did it with transparencies and physically overlaid them and I did think of putting the two negs on top of each other in the scanner but as one of the images is defocused it changes the perspective and so a straight overlay isn't possible. Orton got around this by zooming out as he defocused but that must take quite a bit of practice and trial and error and I don't have a zoom lens for the Bronica. I might try with a 35mm camera and zoom lens next time.

I've done it with single images in Photoshop before and TBH I fancied a go, also it had occured to me earlier in the month that it might be an option for this month's FPoTY. Obviously Orton originally did it with transparencies and physically overlaid them and I did think of putting the two negs on top of each other in the scanner but as one of the images is defocused it changes the perspective and so a straight overlay isn't possible. Orton got around this by zooming out as he defocused but that must take quite a bit of practice and trial and error and I don't have a zoom lens for the Bronica. I might try with a 35mm camera and zoom lens next time.

Could this be achieved with a double exposure on a single frame?

A couple of scans from 5x4's on Fomapan 100. First shot, dying flowers, made using a Fuji 210mm lens. Second shot using a Super Angulon, we all know the lyrics; " Long ago, high on a mountain in Mexico lived a young shepherd boy, Angulon, who met a young girl and loved her so!" Tragic.1515_005.jpg1515_002.jpg. Toyo G45 camera.

A couple of scans from 5x4's on Fomapan 100. First shot, dying flowers, made using a Fuji 210mm lens. Second shot using a Super Angulon, we all know the lyrics; " Long ago, high on a mountain in Mexico lived a young shepherd boy, Angulon, who met a young girl and loved her so!" Tragic.View attachment 284622View attachment 284621. Toyo G45 camera.

The flowers shot is beautiful Peter.
Did you soup them in the orbital?

A couple of scans from 5x4's on Fomapan 100. First shot, dying flowers, made using a Fuji 210mm lens. Second shot using a Super Angulon, we all know the lyrics; " Long ago, high on a mountain in Mexico lived a young shepherd boy, Angulon, who met a young girl and loved her so!" Tragic.View attachment 284621. Toyo G45 camera.

I really like the living room shot, Peter. Lovely interest in there. I feels like it's leaning to the right a little, but I'm just picking nits.

Back