Show us yer film shots then!

I'm assuming Barnsley. I think I've only been there twice in my life, although I come from Crofton and went to school in Hemsworth. We didn't go in for travelling to distant parts. Which means I was very interested in the scenes, as well as impressed with the technical quality. Good set.

Last edited:
I've run a film through both cameras now, basically to check they functioned okay with no light leaks. Harrisons sent the film to Peak Images for development and they have sent a low quality scan through to me on "wetransfer". Quite a few bits of dust kicking about, but that's to be expected. Loaded into LR and one or two things changed. It's difficult to judge how good the negs are when you finish up with a 1MB image. Looking at them on a 23 inch screen is not the best thing to do. I need to find a "theme" for the next film. You probably live not that far from where I am and recognise some of the places.

I‘m one of those southerners from Sheffield. :) I recognise some of the Barnsley locations though.

Three exposures taken on my latest and probably last visit (seeing as I received a bent ear from the Gendarmes who caught me "trespassing") to the abandoned retirement home in the vollage.

Black Edition Intrepid 45 MK4

The first is an iphone captyre of the final A3 print ( this was shot through the glass of the exit door from the corridor onto the fire escape ( to which I gained access)

The other two are scans ready to be printed, both captured on the same fire escape tower, the last one I thought told a "story" ...."Bedrooms 819-837 Nurses Health Infirmary " ....clearly many of the nurses smoked!

1.IMG_1868[7109].JPG

2.Spiderlamp Sospel 2020 PRINTED File.jpg

3. La bonne sante de l'infirmier Sospel 2020  PRINTED File.jpg

Maybe that let you off cos they didn't spot an English accent. ;) otherwise on the spot fine for the Anglais :eek:

Be assured my ear was well bent!
Without a doubt they know me, or at least know of me in the village but they have a job to do so blah blah blah, accept the earache, give the appologies, grovel grovel, promise never to say a single word aginst Macron etc etc :p and creep away with tail between legs cursing cos there are a couple of other frames that i would like to get but I daren't go back now as they will not let me off lightly a second time!

As it is, i actually asked if i could finish taking the image that the camera was set up for when they collared me.....The reaction was an extremely firm "NO"
I had to smirk whilst packing away under their supervision ( three of 'em) as I already had said image along with the other two exposed :naughty:

I'm rather delighted that i got a result from all three;)

Be assured my ear was well bent!
Without a doubt they know me, or at least know of me in the village but they have a job to do so blah blah blah, accept the earache, give the appologies, grovel grovel, promise never to say a single word aginst Macron etc etc :p and creep away with tail between legs cursing cos there are a couple of other frames that i would like to get but I daren't go back now as they will not let me off lightly a second time!

As it is, i actually asked if i could finish taking the image that the camera was set up for when they collared me.....The reaction was an extremely firm "NO"
I had to smirk whilst packing away under their supervision ( three of 'em) as I already had said image along with the other two exposed :naughty:

I'm rather delighted that i got a result from all three;)

Well I wouldn't think a village would be swarming with police so maybe you were just unlucky you were caught on their daily\weekly rounds or someone reported you to them or camera.

Last edited:
Not the most exciting of Instax images, but very exciting to me because they’re the first (almost) properly exposed frames shot using the Instax Wide 300 I’ve just built, which has a global electronic shutter and Kiev 88 lens [emoji3]

Adjustments.JPG

IMG_5549.JPG

IMG_5551.JPG

I’ve built the camera as a test bed for my new large format electronic shutter, and replaced all of the original electronics with a new Arduino controller circuit. There’s a separate eject button, which allows for multiple exposures, and full many control of shutter speed (Timed, Bulb, 8, 4, 2, 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/15, 1/30, 1/60) and aperture. There are still a few bugs to work out with the frame counter and light seals, but for a first test I’m pretty happy.

I think I managed to overdevelop this roll of HP5+. Lots of bright highlights, more grain than I would have expected, and a loss of fine detail. I devved it on a hot day last week and the developer fluid rose to 22.5 degrees before I started. I checked the Ilford compensation tables but theu only give times for whole degrees, so I took a chance on 7min 45secs at 22.5 degrees. I think I should probably have shaved another 15-30 seconds off the time. Still, I've managed to rescue them in PP and I don't mind grain, so I'll chalk it up to a learning experience. I quite like most of the shots on the roll too.

Canon Sure Shot Supreme
Ilford HP5+
Ilfotec DD-X 1+4 7mins 45 secs @ 22.5°

In Retford
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Giving my Nikon FE 2 body and outing paired with some lenses off my Wife's Nikon gear that she never uses now -- prefers her blasted Gadget like the kids ! I bought the FE2 body with winder off a Camera Club member for £180 quids many years ago when I was doing Local Press Photography as it had 1/250th Second Flash Synch Speed for outdoors Fill-in Flash -- then everything went Blasted DIGITAL and FE 2 never got used much.
Testing a SIGMA 170=500mm f5 APO Super Zoom for a Club Member on Fuji 200 C41 film
FE2 + Fuji 200 06 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Out with a NIKKOR 105mm f2.5 and the Fuji 200 home-processed
FE2 + Fuji 200 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
FE2 + Fuji 200 03 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
FE2 + Fuji 200 04 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
FE2 + Fuji 200 08 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
FE2 + Fuji 200 09 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Just got some scans back from a shoot I did a couple of weeks ago.

1979 Mini 850. This was an absolute beauty.

Kodak Ektar 100, of course.

Mini-5.jpg

That looks really nice Gareth. Inspires me to remember that it is possible to get great looking shots on days with drab overcast skies.

Thank you.
To be fair, it was brighter than that patch of sky makes it appear. Light overcast on a lovely evening. Like a giant soft box.

Canon Sure Shot Supreme
Ilford HP5+
Ilfotec DD-X 1+4 7mins 45 secs @ 22.5°

Eastbound
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Rather like this one Nige; it's the pylons that do it for me. I like that the central ones that add something a little extra around the focal point, but also the naturally framed one to the left works for me. The smallest of things that bother me though, is the cutting off of the fence to the bottom left, though I do appreciate this may have come at the expense of the cooling tower in the frame. I'm not sure I can articulate why, but I find images like this quite saddening, but in any case, that proves the photograph has succeeded in some way other than just technically :)

Rather like this one Nige; it's the pylons that do it for me. I like that the central ones that add something a little extra around the focal point, but also the naturally framed one to the left works for me. The smallest of things that bother me though, is the cutting off of the fence to the bottom left, though I do appreciate this may have come at the expense of the cooling tower in the frame. I'm not sure I can articulate why, but I find images like this quite saddening, but in any case, that proves the photograph has succeeded in some way other than just technically :)

Thanks Jonathan.

The way it's framed is mainly down to two factors: Firstly a fixed focal length lens on the camera meant I couldn't get any wider or tighter; Secondly, it was shot from a railway bridge with a fairly high brick wall, so I couldn't physically move around much to alter the comp (other than to the left and right) and getting more of the foreground in shot would have required me to stand on something (or climb on the bridge:eek:).

This is the location: https://www.google.com/maps/@53.358...4!1s0q6SMNA0c46xj8AAWklRaw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

If I get out there again I'll take a more versatile lens (this was an opportunistic shot as it's not far from North Leverton windmill, where I'd been earlier that day).

Here are a few I took a few weeks ago. I was trying out a Canon AE-1 I had just purchased. Film used was Fujifilm Superia 400. I am a beginner feel free to check out my flickr album containing all my film photography.

Attachments

• Photo19_20A.jpg
    Photo19_20A.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Photo20_19.jpg
    Photo20_19.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Photo06_5.jpg
    Photo06_5.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 20
Here are a few I took a few weeks ago. I was trying out a Canon AE-1 I had just purchased. Film used was Fujifilm Superia 400. I am a beginner feel free to check out my flickr album containing all my film photography.

nice pop.

went to Southend-on-Sea ESSEX ( England) to visit Sister-in-law and went out to try some outdated 1992 ORWO NP20 cut from bulk I was sent by a kind Gent in Denmark, with a new batch of RODINAL and my lovely 'Gift' Olympus OM2 Spot Programme and the E-Zuiko Auto-T 135mm f3.5 lens. I rated film at 32 ASA as it was old and processed in RODINAL 1+50 for 15 mins @ 20oC -- there was only a short bit of film so re-loaded with another cassette but have not used it all yet.

ORWO NP20 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
ORWO NP20 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
ORWO NP20 03 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

went to Southend-on-Sea ESSEX ( England) to visit Sister-in-law and went out to try some outdated 1992 ORWO NP20 cut from bulk I was sent by a kind Gent in Denmark, with a new batch of RODINAL and my lovely 'Gift' Olympus OM2 Spot Programme and the E-Zuiko Auto-T 135mm f3.5 lens. I rated film at 32 ASA as it was old and processed in RODINAL 1+50 for 15 mins @ 20oC -- there was only a short bit of film so re-loaded with another cassette but have not used it all yet.

ORWO NP20 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
ORWO NP20 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
ORWO NP20 03 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

I like those Pete; some lovely observational documentary photography there in 1 & 3; and the fact you've wrung those out of film that's 28 years beyond its expiry date is a tribute to your craft. (y)

Back