Show us yer film shots then!

Coming this way momentarily, pictures from a recent week in Northumberland. I had the films processed by AG but it took me a few days to get them all scanned in, because of work commitments. The objective was to use a different camera every day but that didn't quite work out.

To start off though, a panoramic shot taken with a ReallySoSubtle 6x17 pinhole camera on Ilford XP2 Super. A test shot before taking the camera away on holiday although, in the end, I didn't use it because of unpredictable weather. Anyway I also got off to a bad start because I wound the film on incorrectly and this is the result...

1545_001 copy.jpg

The RSS doesn't have a cable release socket so I had to get up to open and close the shutter, hence the ghostly me.

Glad Tiding, Zeiss Contina 1b, Color Implosion 100
1542_024 copy.jpg
I bought a few rolls of this film on a whim. The results are curious to say the least. I think I can produce the unpredictable outcomes just as well by my own incompetence. Good job the film was pretty cheap.

Last edited:
Lifebelt, Fujica GW690, Fuji Pro 400H.
1546_005 copy.jpg
It's a fabulous film. Unfortunately I just coming to the last five rolls I bought really cheaply two years ago. At the moment I see Bristol Cameras are selling it at £36 for 5 rolls soIi think I should buy some more right now. It works really well with the big camera.

Yashicamat 124G and HP5+ developed in HC110 Dilution B:

Scampston Hall Gardens
by Kevin Allan, on Flickr
Those columns look very much like a ceramic plant stand that I purchased today, even the same colour
:LOL:
A decent tonal range in that image Kevin..... Did you use any filters? I’m curious as separating greens in foliage on b&w film can sometimes prove quite demanding I find.

A quick unprocessed scan of a 4x5 negative exposed with my new Chroma Snapshot

One of many helicopters travelling relentlesly back and forth up the valley with supplies to offer aid to the villages and occupants hit hard by Storm Alex a couple of weeks ago

Quite pleased that the sky has kept detail with no filter o the lens.

TP.jpg

A quick unprocessed scan of a 4x5 negative exposed with my new Chroma Snapshot

One of many helicopters travelling relentlesly back and forth up the valley with supplies to offer aid to the villages and occupants hit hard by Storm Alex a couple of weeks ago

Quite pleased that the sky has kept detail with no filter o the lens.

View attachment 295901
Is that helicopter carrying a very big baguette?

:wideyed: at the reds that came from this expired Ektachrome! I've added a little contrast, which can make the colours pop a bit, but no saturation has been added. It's pretty much as it looks on the transparency.

Olympus OM-2n
Zuiko Auto-S 50mm f/1.8
Kodak Ektachrome 100 EPP (expired at some unknown date)

Pillar box
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Well if a theme coming up was ""something wet" (y)
I wanted to take a shot to show my grandson what our nearby popular footpath is like now....it was a small stream to cross with a small foot bridge to the right (out of the picture). Anyway I was lucky a runner appeared that explained it all.
Pentax 24-35mm and Vista and filmdev low scan
FS6DUsF.jpg

Well if like me you can across a scene and you know there is a picture there but what is it....a gifted amateur or pro would spot it straight away. Anyway I thought this might work just for colours, in B\W can sometimes give you an idea if a muddled mess and erm well better stick to colours o_O .
Reflection in the water Pentax 24-35mm and Vista.
GiOO178.jpg

Well if like me you can across a scene and you know there is a picture there but what is it....a gifted amateur or pro would spot it straight away. Anyway I thought this might work just for colours, in B\W can sometimes give you an idea if a muddled mess and erm well better stick to colours o_O .
Reflection in the water Pentax 24-35mm and Vista.
GiOO178.jpg

I agree, that's definitely a colour shot. You can get nice pictures of foliage and vegetation in B&W, but you have to pick your compositions carefully so that it's about shape and contrast and not just tonality.

I agree, that's definitely a colour shot. You can get nice pictures of foliage and vegetation in B&W, but you have to pick your compositions carefully so that it's about shape and contrast and not just tonality.

Indeed and is tricky just relying on colour and ignoring composition, viewpoint etc..I also took a shot with the water rippling on a similar reflected (of leaves) shot....and it might work if taken with MF with a large print just to hang on a wall for just background decoration for a boring wall. :D

Collected a couple of films from Studio Five, Thetford yesterday afternoon, the first being a Kodak 200 test roll shot through a recently received camera. Wasn't sure what would come back but I'm pretty pleased with these as representatives.
I wasn't going to reveal the camera straightaway but the file names have done it for me so it's a chrome-button Olympus Trip 35 which I understand to be of the first generation, predating the black plastic shutter button version.
The first two images don't have vignetting btw, those are real shadows. Image 3 is a crop.Oly Trip #2 kodak 200 (7).JPGOly Trip #2 kodak 200 (8).JPGOly Trip #2 kodak 200 (39)edit.jpgOly Trip #2 kodak 200 (11).JPG

Last edited:
Back