Show us yer film shots then!

I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with the results I've gotten from HP5+ pushed three stops to 3200ASA and then developed in DD-X. The grain is starting to be more noticeable than when the film is pushed one or two stops, but it's not bad at all and the tonality is still great.

This roll was shot as a bit of a test to see what the results would be, and whether it would be a viable choice for low-light medium format work. I think the answer is a resounding "yes" for me (although the 20mins dev time was a bit of a PITA :)). I've not shot any Delta 3200 / Tmax P3200 at box speed to compare, so will have to try those too, but both are more costly than HP5+..

Bronica ETRSi
Zenzanon 50mm f/2.8 MC
Ilford HP5+ (@3200)
Ilfotec DD-X 1+4 20mins @ 20°

Gridlines
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Last edited:
Well the film couldn't cope with this shot:-
I went to Sitges in Spain to a wedding and my joke was "I visited Sitges in the 20th century and the Royal navy in the 18th century"....IIRC translated they drove off an English frigate"
BTW if you are gay its the place to go, interesting viewing on the beaches esp for our wives.
v8NlSwJ.jpg

Fuji DL-270 Zoom Super
Kodak Colorplus
Grain2Pixel conversion

I bought this camera for a quid at a boot sale a couple of months ago. It had the roll of film (which seemed unshot) already loaded. I doubt I'll keep the camera, but this roll has given me a bunch of shots I'm really happy with (even if it's not got the sharpest lens). I'll post more of them as I upload them.

Red splash

Turning

Last edited:
Kodak Colorplus

When I see results like this from that film, I do wonder why I mess about with other colour films. I think between this and Gold I have my normal colour film choices covered.

A couple of shots taken along the way as possibles for the Fire topic in FPOTY. The 3rd one is a thumbnail for those of a nervous disposition ................. :eek:

#1 the Holga version of my actual entry. 2012 HP5+ in HC-110 Dil B

img452-copy.jpg-tp.jpg

#2 is the "No smoke without fire", although I thought there would have been a few smoke ones. Nikon F80, Kodak Gold

000084200036-copy.jpg-tp.jpg

#3 honestly, it has been a useless doorstop for many years. Bronica SQ, 80mm, HP5+ in HC-110 Dil B.

img540.jpg

Last edited:
We had a couple of extremely foggy days last week, so it made the perfect excuse to get out and shoot in the local high street. This was from my first roll of HP5 at box speed, so it's not perfect, but I wanted to see how it reacted to different lighting situations. I've just finished off a 2nd roll which I've pushed to 1600 and just waiting to get it back from the lab.

Holy Trinity Church. Rayleigh, Essex.
by Josh Kneller, on Flickr

Working through a backload of LF negs, this was one of my early attempts back in 2015 of the Old Bridge on LF using a Crown Graphic which I simply couldn't get on with and sold on after only capturing a handful of images.

As usual printed out ( inkjet) onto A3 paper

IMG_1798.JPG

Taken last year on the outskirts of the village facing towards Italy this is the one and only frame that i've captured (so far) with the Roussel barrel lens that I acquired last year which will cover 10x8 ( very limited movements)

Like many old barrel lenses, it renders a decent image but having no shutter makes it dificult to use for anything other than long exposures.

IMG_1799.JPG

This was on 5x4:

IMG_1796.JPG

The evening continued with the processing of old negs.
Another one from last year taken in the UK.
Fairly easy wet print this one , the contrasty négative being straightforward to replicate into a positive.
The verticals however :runaway:
They’re all over the place , but I think the result looks ok.

8CA9AFA9-5FE6-40F2-BE5D-DFE9579505F7.jpeg

Last edited:
In an attempt to get on top of my backlog of negs so as to start 2021 afresh ( I doubt its going to happen in reality but I live in hope!) ,
here’s another 12x16 FB wetprint of a neg that was exposed yonks ago.
I actually cannot recall when although I do know that I posted a scan on here.
Does anyone have a clue when that was ?..... just the year would be helpful.

CF8F2E24-909E-47AA-AE08-EB4F680CE3FF (2).jpeg

Last edited:
Both on 4x5 Provia, I was expecting light leaks on Whiteford lighthouse as that was shot on my previous camera, Polperro was shot using the Chroma Carbon Adventurer.

I still have quite a few more to scan and 2 rolls of 120 to develop

received_3821432244581894.jpegreceived_2904380892997807.jpeg

Another 12x16 wet print obtained from a 5x4 négative exposed last year.

Iphone snapshots don't do these wetprints justice tbh ....They are very much neutral monochrome and not warm ( or cool) tone.

Also they are sharp in real life or at least sharp where they are meant to be sharp ;)

46F47BEC-D15C-41C3-AC25-4E4A4E734C69.jpeg

Last edited:
So involving a Soviet rangefinder, FED 2 actually but can't remember which Soviet lens, but excluding any perforated shutter curtains... and Kodak 200 colour.

When I took the photo I knew what I wanted and, busy background apart, I'm happy to have nailed the degging can and plantpot and the shadows of both. I've desat to b&w.

008_8bwedit.jpg

My grandson's (in white) birthday party about 10 years ago..I like this one because it's amusing looking at the kid's faces, the one far left looks bored and the boy on the right couldn't care
My grandson's (in white) birthday party about 10 years ago..I like this one because it's amusing looking at the kid's faces, the one far left looks bored and the boy on the right couldn't care less, same as the boy by the piano :D
GLbSWsR.jpg
Is that Lady Diana on the right. :)
less, same as the boy by the piano :D
GLbSWsR.jpg

Back