Show us yer film shots then!

Just posted a thread up in the Photo genres Sharing and Critique section:

Getting back to a motorbike theme ... a bevvy of easy riders on HP4.
View attachment 299555

Great shot.
When helmets weren't compulsory ensured my girlfriend used mine. Sometimes because of wearing no helmet in the past (engrained in my brain) have accidentally driven off (after taking some shots) without a helmet and you can't beat the wind through your hair and freedom on a lovely summer's day.

Expired Kodak Portra 400NC
Rollei 35B

That's the first shot I've seen where Portra 400 colours actually look nice. Did you tweak it at all? How do you scan? and how expired was the film?
I also have a hankering for that little Rollei. :sigh:

That's the first shot I've seen where Portra 400 colours actually look nice. Did you tweak it at all? How do you scan? and how expired was the film?
I also have a hankering for that little Rollei. :sigh:

This was scanned by filmdev on the Noritsu. I haven't had the negs back yet to tackle them with the Plustek.

I set the black point on the scans but otherwise left the colours be.

This expired back in 2011 I think, it was one of the last batches of 'old Portra', I've had it in the fridge ever since I bought it.

I'm just finishing the last roll of it now so I'm onto expired Pro 800z next week, then maybe something new!

The little Rollei is great, I love shooting with it, scale focus keeps the brain ticking trying to guesstimate distances...

I'd love one with the Tessar or Sonnar lens but quite enjoy the lack of fuss with this model, no batteries or electronics to worry about.

Great shot.
When helmets weren't compulsory ensured my girlfriend used mine. Sometimes because of wearing no helmet in the past (engrained in my brain) have accidentally driven off (after taking some shots) without a helmet and you can't beat the wind through your hair and freedom on a lovely summer's day.
Thanks.
This must have been the same day and same film.
mag rally 003.jpg

Might be interesting for someone in S Wales for a now and then shot to see if the area has changed, my Father used to climb to the top to throw stones off when he was a kid but for me it was scary climbing up to the top of the transporter bridge at Newport to take the shot.

Must be about 40 years ago as the my bronze corsair was being transported
4EbU8vu.jpg

Might be interesting for someone in S Wales for a now and then shot to see if the area has changed, my Father used to climb to the top to throw stones off when he was a kid but for me it was scary climbing up to the top of the transporter bridge at Newport to take the shot.

Must be about 40 years ago as the my bronze corsair was being transported
4EbU8vu.jpg

Didn't they make the Ford Pubique out of old corsairs?:)

Ah, get it now.

i like that!
It has potential.

Remove the slipway and accompagning white building from the rhs along with about 50% of the sky and the image becomes stronger imo.

Shame the guy is looking directly at the camera but we can’t have everything! Lol

Finally got the neg under the scanner! Agreed.

50638372706_e9125c3720_o.jpg

Attachments

• 2020-11-23-0013b.jpg
    2020-11-23-0013b.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Messing about with a Raynox and some HP5+ at 1600. I love what DD-X does to this film at high speeds. Almost makes me want to try 3200 for the giggle.

2020-11-23-hp5-1600-eos1v-08.jpg

Messing about with a Raynox and some HP5+ at 1600. I love what DD-X does to this film at high speeds. Almost makes me want to try 3200 for the giggle.

View attachment 299760

That's a cracker Ian. (y)

I've almost finished a roll of 3200-rated Hp5+ (albeit in 120 format, through my Bronica). I'm looking forward to seeing the results but not so much the 20 minutes it'll take to develop it... (not even including stop, fix, wash and all the boring washing up!).

Once upon a time had fun doing double exposures for family and objects and have already posted a few..here is another one, but thinking instead of using a Cokin holder and blanking plate to cover half the lens...has any one tried two seperate pictures of the same person ( like in the shot below) and used photo merge. Yeah I know why don't I try myself but someone might have already done it.

DJvlCyc.jpg

Back