Show us yer film shots then!

After a contest between human brain and squirrel I present to you my final designed squirrel, pigeon and aerial predator proof bird table/feeder built in 2021.

Canon T70 135mm Tak
ur73jjl.jpg

I'm so sorry for asking such a stupid question.. How do I go about getting film photos on here. They've been scanned and I have them in Lightroom, and have posted some of my favourites to Vero. Do I also need to post them on somewhere like Flickr so I can use a url?

I'm so sorry for asking such a stupid question.. How do I go about getting film photos on here. They've been scanned and I have them in Lightroom, and have posted some of my favourites to Vero. Do I also need to post them on somewhere like Flickr so I can use a url?

I upload to Flickr and link to there but you can upload directly to the forum too I believe.

Downsize a copy and post it directly to the forum. You'll find the option between the link and the smiley at the top of your message.

testing some ROLLEI RETRO 400S I was sent by a fellow YouTuber --first results in my Home-Made FX-37 1+9 showed lack of shadow detail and dense highlights - found out it is an 'Aerial Survey Film' hence the Contrast so i mixed up some DIAFINE 2-Bath and went out again doing Landscapes , some with RED filter and gave kit 5 mins in each bath -- better negs with 400ASA rating - here are a couple using my MINT gift CHINON CG-5 + 50mm f1.9 auto-CHINON lens
NO FILTER
ROLLEI RETRO 400S Test 04 No Filter by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
RED FILTER
ROLLEI RETRO 400S Test 08 Red Filter by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

OK then…

So I have a few thoughts but I will probably need to share them in technique or somewhere similarly appropriate?

Cheers!

Ilford PanF50 developed in ID-11.

Hasselblad 500C with 2,8/80mm “chrome” (Pre T*) lens.

07AC78B4-3536-46A6-B68C-202B63EA6B65.jpeg81140D4F-C9CD-448A-BD84-AD38324EB54E.jpeg

Last edited:
I ran a film through a Samsung Fino 800. A zoom compact from 2002 when compact camera sales were dying on their feet. This was launched with an RRP of £49.99. With a max apature of F6.3-12.3 longer shutter speeds can be expected so I tried a couple of ICM shots of which the best is below. To be fair while I disliked almost everything about using the camera when the subject was in direct sunlight it take a pretty sharp shot, usually.

Attachments

• 001717680004.jpg
    001717680004.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 001717680006.jpg
    001717680006.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 001717680008.jpg
    001717680008.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 001717680012.jpg
    001717680012.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 9
I ran a film through a Samsung Fino 800. A zoom compact from 2002 when compact camera sales were dying on their feet. This was launched with an RRP of £49.99. With a max apature of F6.3-12.3 longer shutter speeds can be expected so I tried a couple of ICM shots of which the best is below. To be fair while I disliked almost everything about using the camera when the subject was in direct sunlight it take a pretty sharp shot, usually.

I used a Samsung Fino a couple of years back and that one produced sharp pictures too. It had a light leak from the zoom though unfortunately.

I like this picture it gave me:

View: https://flic.kr/p/2iFCd2s

It's like a time warp.

It's like a time warp.

I've been meaning to search this up for a while now.......

Anyway....

Annabelle Mary Spencer of Wells, Somerset, passed peacefully away on 2nd January 2021, aged 79. Annabelle was born and grew up in Tucker Street, Wells, the daughter of the late family grocer, Louis John Spencer and Lily Mary Spencer

I also found.....

former Falkland Island residents Brian Paul and Annabelle Spencer, who during the rest of the year run a Falkland Islands Agency shop and visitor centre in the tourist city of Wells, in Somerset

I normally get very good results using Negative Lab Pro, but this roll of Kodak Gold gave me trouble - lots of weird green and purple tones in several of the shots, so I ended up converting this and a few others to B&W.

Fujica GW690
Kodak Gold
Converted to B&W in Lightroom

One misty morning by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

I normally get very good results using Negative Lab Pro, but this roll of Kodak Gold gave me trouble - lots of weird green and purple tones in several of the shots, so I ended up converting this and a few others to B&W.

Fujica GW690
Kodak Gold
Converted to B&W in Lightroom

One misty morning by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr
Works well in b&w Nige ;)

Works well in b&w Nige ;)
Thanks Asha. Luckily several of the shots work nicely in B&W. I've left a couple in colour, but they are quite subtle and not so beset with the odd colours I got on some of the other frames.

I might still have another try at colour versions - I made copies of the RAW scans before converting them, so still have chance to re-create the conversions from scratch.

I've been meaning to search this up for a while now.......

Anyway....

I also found.....

That's deeply sad. They sound like the last of their kind. You can see the story of it in the shop fronts. Unfortunately they will either become derelict, or be gutted for a business that probably lasts five minutes. Thank you for taking the photos.

Reactions: zx9
Back