Show us yer film shots then!

Thanks. The weather in Berwick was quite poor and the shot didn't work well in colour, that's why I converted it. Also, up until recently I've been shooting mainly black and white, which I prefer and I think I have more of an eye for black and white. As another example, the coils of rope photograph just didn't cut it in colour.

For this holiday, staying in Seahouses, I decided to limit myself 35mm and colour whereas, on previous occasions, I have taken just medium format gear or a camera for every day away. It just adds to the fun.

The Retinette 1A is a lovely little camera.

According to a couple of inflation calculators, the Retinette cost the equivalent of between £500 and £700 in 1963, so a bit of saving up required. I wonder if cameras costing this much today will still be working in 2083. ;)

Blimey! That seems a bit much. Even by the standards of the day.

I saw a 1963 advert with them at £31-12s-6p at a London retailer and the modern equivalent is somewhere between the figures I quoted.

Oh, I don't doubt you. I'm just surprised, as it's such a basic camera.

9LmomZ.jpg

9t8feI.jpg

Flooded watermeadows on the Roding at Littlebury Mill.

Nikon F3
Nikkor28-85 Ai-S
HP5+@400
Perceptol 1+3 22 mins @20

Last edited:
Oh, I don't doubt you. I'm just surprised, as it's such a basic camera.
I believe photography was an expensive hobby for those that wanted decent quality. Kodak were also selling all-plastic cameras with names that had the word "Brownie" included and I am sure they would have been a lot cheaper to buy.

Dalmations FTW.

Zeiss Ikon, 35mm Voigtlander Ultron, on Ilford HP5 that was very expired and is a reminder for me not to shoot expired film as I don't like unpredictable...

2023-03-31-hp5at400-ikon-09.jpg

Some really nice photos as always Nige, But getting exposure so right in this one proves you must either be a Film master or a very lucky Sod !

Thanks Brad. It was metered via an incident reading with my Sekonic L-308. All I did was stand near the door then press the button on the meter and set the sutter speed on the camera accordingly. :)

I got a light leak on this shot, so what you see here is roughly the right hand 60% of the full negative. I think it still works when cropped though. Not sure about the bin. :)

Chroma 4x5
Fujinon NW 135mm f/5.6
Fomapan 100
Ilfotec DD-X 1+9 12 mins @ 20°
1/30sec @ f/32

House by a railway by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Back