Show us yer film shots then!

Rolleicord V / Hp5+ / Rodinal 1:50 inverted every min x8 minutes / negative scan

aLBoyQY.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely @trypdal not much grain considering it was developed in rodinal

Lovely @trypdal not much grain considering it was developed in rodinal

Thanks! There is visible grain in the full size scan, but nothing too distracting I think. In my experience Rodinal only results in really grainy images with 35mm negatives or when I over-develop or agitate too vigorously.

Last edited:
After a gap of about 4 or 5 years I'eb started shooting film again. Here are afew off my first roll around Williamson Park Lancaster. Vougtlander Bessa R3M with Voigtlander 40mm F/1.4. Delta 100.

i-VBq4jTW-X2.jpg

i-bPJ6Gf9-X2.jpg

i-7zLfWFz-X2.jpg

4. And a misty morning at BBC Media City
i-WVnpGBw-X2.jpg

I metered this one with the Reveni Labs spot meter - the first time I've attempted spot metering in this way. I took a single reading from the base of one of the vertical pillars and used it as zone 3 and then underexposed the shot by a couple of stops. It seems to have worked out reasonably well. I wasn't expecting much shadow detail in the underside of the pier, so I'm happy that that's gone almost to black.

Fujica GW690
Ilford HP5+
Ilfotec DD-X 1+4 9mins @ 20°

Beneath the pier by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

I have one of those which came with my Kodak. Unfortunately, the shutter speeds are all over the place and it needs a service. I have a Zeiss Tessar 21cm f4.5 prewar lens, in barrel, which covers half plate and 5x7.

Had a darkroom Printing session the other day -- here are some snaps on my 'Gift' ROLLEIFLEX T + Kentmere 400 on old Jessops VC Glossy paper Enlarger was LPL C7700 Pro and print dev was Crawley's Print Dev Formula The camera was set up the 16-on kit.
BT Landscape 03.jpgPond Ice 01.jpgPond Ice 02.jpgPond Ice 03.jpg

Half the height of the Eiffel Tower - it seems to lack the legs. Though you can see it from the Lake District. But Reginald Dixon never played the Eiffel as far as I know - which I don't think had a Wurlitzer - or even a ballroom? Good pic!

Last edited:
Last year I saw this diving board on Instagram and knew I had to go visit so a friend and I flew to Ireland for 24 hours where we drove the coast, finishing here in Galway to photograph this diving board. I have various compositions in colour and B&W but recently I seem to be more drawn to B&W.

Ilford FP4

GM250723BW082917-02.jpg

Found a 'ACTIVA 400 ' KONICA film in fridge so loaded it into my 'Gift' NIKON F75 as a trial -- went to Chelmford Essex ( England) with camera and AF Nikkor 35-80mm f4-5. D lens and got a few snaps BUT on the one of the Butcher's Shop in Chelmsford Market used a 50mm f2 Nikkor-H as I needed at least f2.8 inside.
Nikon F75 CHELMSFORD 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Nikon F75 CHELMSFORD 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Nikon F75 CHELMSFORD 03 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Nikon F75 CHELMSFORD 04 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Your Yashicamat is serving you well.
It was (or rather “they” were). My original copy has delveloped haze in the lens which was causing some shots to look washed out so I bought a replacement just before Christmas. The new one took these shots, but I soon discovered it had a fault, so had to be returned. I now have another, but have yet to test it. Third time lucky, I hope. They’re very nice cameras.

Back