Show us yer film shots then!

That's a great picture. How're you finding the Z135?
Thank you glad you like it. Yes really enjoying the camera, turning the flash off is a pain every time, but it feels solid in use and I like the viewfinder too. An absolute bargain for the image quality. I only have the epson v600 for scanning 35mm so may look at the plustek once again.

Rolleicord Va / Fomapan 100 @ 200 in Xtol 1:1

I thought I'd try a 6x7 ratio just for fun - cropped the bottom.

7WE46Br.jpg

Keep going fishyfish. You bring back many happy memories of Ladybower and the Derwent dams. Also, my time with an Olympus XA. :)

@FishyFish just wondering if you’ve edited the xa3 images for distortion, the lens looks more than just decent

Horseman L45 monorail, Fujinon SW 90/8, Fomapan 100, EuroHC Dilution B

The leaning tower of Edlingham by Kevin Allan, on Flickr
If it were not for the 4 steel tie bars between the two section I am sure that it would have collapsed by now. The nearby Parish church is another photographers spot especially with strong side-on sunlight casting intriguing internal shadows

Two more from my ramblings around Tanfield and the railway, about 2 miles from my home. The rake of coal wagons are periodically moved around and when I took this on Monday last the strong sunlight made them stand out. I was puzzled at first by the uneven vertical 'smudges' on the side of the P&JR wagon in the foreground then I realised they are shadows cast on the wagons by the sun shining through a line of Silver Birch trees on the rise to my right, These trees, quite old now were the boundary of the coal miners gardens in the former Bowes Cottages row. P&JR stood for the Pontop and Jarrow Railway, later renamed as the Bowes railway.

The other one was taken about an hour later standing on Causey Arch with the noon sun still very harsh and casting a shadow onto the trees.in Causey Gorge which is about 80 feet below where I was standing. Causey Arch dates from 1725/6 and was built to carry coal wagons on a primitive wooden wagon-way (Later the Tanfield Rly line) on the way to the River Tyne. It is the oldest single arch stone railway bridge in the world. Now only a footpath and cycle way.
(Both taken using a Nikon F2a and a Tamron Adaptall 2 - 35/135, on Delta 100 dev'd in ID11

Attachments

• Tanfield coal wagons.jpg
    Tanfield coal wagons.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 14
  • The shadow of Causey Arch.jpg
    The shadow of Causey Arch.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Originally shot for the FFFSA thread which didn't eventually happen, these were taken with the Agfa re-usable camera with a single element, focus-free 31mm f9 lens and a single shutter speed of 1/120 sec. Film was a roll of 2012 XP2 Super developed in 1:49 HC-110 for 10 mins. (don't waste your money on one!)

#1 Whitehills village street.

2023-09-18-0013-copy-tp.jpg

#2 Dunnet Bay footsteps

2023-09-18-0023-copy-tp.jpg

#3 Scrabster Harbour.

2023-09-18-0031-copy-tp.jpg

No, no editing to correct any distortion, just the usual tweaks to highlights, shadows, blacks, whites, contrast etc.
I ’m honestly surprised, compared to a relatively expensive 35mm voightlander lens I had (on the voightlander bessa R)It looks far better. The voightlander lens distortion was shockingly bad.

I walked to a place similar to this between Stanhope and Blanchland The house was mostly all there but the roof and upper floor had collapsed, but what was clearly visible where it was not covered with rubble and timber was an exquisite dark blue glazed tiled hallway floor. That was a shame because those tiles would not have been cheap even 100 years ago. I was surprised that they had not been lifted for use elsewhere.

Long exposure while the sun was coming up at Wast Water.

M_Wastwater_VELVIA50_05 by David M Jones, on Flickr

Camera // Ebony SW45
Horseman 6x12 film back
Film // Fuji Velvia 50
Developer // Tetenal E6
Scan // Epson V850
That picture is simply superb. There is no other description suitable. Also I must congratulate D_M_J to take the effort to carry the camera which would not be a lightweight, off the beaten track to record it. Well done.

Last edited:
Back