Show us your best Autumn shot

Thunderbird that first shot is really lovely. Great shots everyone stunning colors.

Another from Rutland...Andy
8139627108_9108eec6e3_z.jpg
[/url]os/andyordij/8139627108/]
8139627108_9108eec6e3_z.jpg
[/url][/IMG][/IMG]

Taken while out on a walk today.

Feast by SFB579 :), on Flickr

OK, with some trepidation I'll add a couple of autumn leaf shots, with a Pentax ME and 135mm SMC-M lens (30+ years old!), Fuji Superia 200 ISO:

1) Cropped leaf

78460006.jpg

2) Branch

78460027.jpg

I think I like the focus being on the leaves behind the branch in this, but not everyone's cup of tea, probably.

And yes, there's grain!

Some fantastic shots in this thread, I almost daren't post mine!

Not sure this is my best autumn shot but one of the most recent

Autumn Dew by Sibling Chris, on Flickr

I like this, great POV, think I would have placed a leaf in the right cornerish,in full view, for foreground interest, and it would have made the DOF on the tree perfect, I do like he shot as I said in fact I may try that (y)

Last edited:
One from today....kids still on half term, so another walk in the woods! :)

8159281420_39564b2ce8_h.jpg

All of them are really stunning, but number 1 with that water is by far the best for me.

Cracking set Will, and the shots throughout the thread just go to show what a glorious time of the year it is here in the UK. Well done to all who have contributed so far.:clap::clap:

sbowler579 said:
Cracking set Will, and the shots throughout the thread just go to show what a glorious time of the year it is here in the UK. Well done to all who have contributed so far.:clap::clap:

Thanks Steve. Agree. Excellent thread you have started.

Heres mine, I see Gary just posted his shot #231, we must have missed each other, heres my shot just a little further down the tow path just after the bend, if you look closely at garys you can see the darker tree with the smaller tree in front of it, middle right, is were I took my shot, I used tree as a frame, and bank emanating from the left corner, and then you can see the bridge, so framed putting the bridge on thirds or near enough,

IMG_6948 Autumn By The Canal Duxbury Chorley Lancashire by Just Daves Photos, on Flickr

I'm new to this forum, but recently spent a few days up in the Lake District near Keswick. Here is one from the first evening at Tarn Hows...

Thanks, Simon

p1204041636-5.jpg

Back