Show us your charger set up

sirch

Lu-Tze
Admin
Name
The other Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm getting tired of cables everywhere and spare batteries all over the place so how do you organise all those chargers cables and batteries? I'm thinking of making something a bit like a set of old fashioned pigeon holes with cable routing behind but thought I's see if anyone else has a neat solution...

My one and only camera battery charger hangs over a hook by its mains lead. Easy to get at. Leads in general can live happily on hooks.

My all-purpose and less-often wanted AAA/AA charger lives in a drawer along with other dedicated charger leads.

General purpose batteries live on a shelf in a small cupboard.

Spare camera batteries are in my photo cupboard along with most other things that are camera-related.

Cameras without batteries :)

(Seriously - everything else takes the Fuji NP-whatevers that go in X-T, X-E and X-Pro which all charge from the same charger!!)

For my office desk and general cables (keyboard, mouse, monitor, fly-leads etc), I use cable ties. Open the cable tie and lay it flat against the underside of the desk. Staple it or pin it in place. Then offer up the cables and tie it up. Use cable ties man enough for your job and don't pull them tight so you can thread new cables through. On the desk, my iphone charge lead, camera 2 pin lead, mini usb, usb 3 and sd card reader are all cable tied together for neatness but allowed to splay out at the end.

I worked for BT for many years and the cable tie was pretty much a solution for anything. Alongside waterproof tape.

I've got some velcro cable ties that I use for monitor cables etc. and I've got a few cameras without batteries but my GAS has left me with a few different camera chargers plus NiMH for flashes etc and there is always excess cable somewhere so it would just be nice to tuck all the cables away and be able to store the uncharged/recharged batteries sensibly.

My camera battery chargers either plug directly into a socket or take a standard 'figure-8' power cable which I plug into whichever charger I'm using. Batteries live with camera. The AA battery charger sits next to the camera charger so there are only two cables.

Last edited:
Charger is only ever out when needed, I charge up all batteries after exhausting them and they go into the bag ready for next time. I have a little set of drawers that I bung everything and anything into inc chargers and cables so they're never in the way

Hahnel UniPal+ does pretty much all my charging. Doesn't like D750 batteries though. Does AA(A)s and has a USB port too.

I put each charger in a plastic freezer bag, labelled appropriately. The collection of chargers-in-bags go in a tote bag in my camera store.

Hahnel UniPal+ does pretty much all my charging. Doesn't like D750 batteries though. Does AA(A)s and has a USB port too.
That's interesting, I've sometimes got both the Oly and Canon batteries on charge but I guess I could work around that.

I put each charger in a plastic freezer bag, labelled appropriately. The collection of chargers-in-bags go in a tote bag in my camera store.
Admirable that you put them away but that ain't gonna work for me :)

Admirable that you put them away but that ain't gonna work for me :)
I have stuff. I am 66 years old and I have been acquiring stuff for 66 years. I need to control it. All 52 cameras are put away (apart from my M4/3 camera which is in daily use). All lenses are put away. All books are put away - apart from those awaiting the new bookcase. It is not just me. Bestbeloved has been acquiring stuff for 64 years. We have a LOT of stuff.

My chargers all live in a shoebox. It's not the best solution but at least I know where they are.

I have stuff. I am 66 years old and I have been acquiring stuff for 66 years. I need to control it. All 52 cameras are put away (apart from my M4/3 camera which is in daily use). All lenses are put away. All books are put away - apart from those awaiting the new bookcase. It is not just me. Bestbeloved has been acquiring stuff for 64 years. We have a LOT of stuff.
Me too, although I've got a decade of catching up to do, and most of it does get put away most of the time but for something like a charger where it's out for hours and needs an eye keeping on it if several batteries need charging then it just seems reasonable to keep them out in a tidy way.

My cameras mostly can charge via usb these days so I plug them into my pc to download the pictures and then leave them plugged in while I'm processing the pictures and often the battery is fully charged by the time I've finished.

G7Cmr5A.jpg

This is my setup and the batteries in an old 5ltr plastic ice cream square container. Got a 6 way switched extn lead which is always on, all I have to do is switch on whichever charger I want to individually. Dyno taped plugs and chargers and transformers. I did double sided tape the transformers to the table but the chargers are moveable

Last edited:
That's interesting, I've sometimes got both the Oly and Canon batteries on charge but I guess I could work around that.

The UniPal is great but has limitations - it can do a LiIon OR up to 4AA(A)s OR charge a USB device.

That's a good idea, I'm sure I've still got a Dymo machine somewhere

If you haven't, the modern alternative works well (but needs batteries!).

I have some mindset cable pouches for each camera's batteries, charger, battery charger, spare batteries, charging cable and remote. I tried it the other way round ie all chargers in one bag, all batteries in another bag and it was annoying. It has really helped to keep them under control. I really like the idea of having a piece of furniture specifically made but would not have anywhere to put it.

I have a couple of drawers in the kitchen we use for storing all chargers etc when not in use, and chargers are only brought out when required, then immediately returned. The one exception is a fast charger for our phones that is left in a single socket ready for use.

I have a coffee table with drawers in it and all my camera chargers are in one drawer. I've labelled them and they stay in the drawer unless they are in use.

I also have a labelled ziplock freezer bag for each camera in the drawer below, with any cables or other bits in that I don't often use. My portable hard drives are also in it.

I'm easily confused, so I have to label everything, especially random chargers for non photographic stuff - kept separately. I also label my batteries, so I know which are the older ones.

Like @ancient_mariner the only charger that stays out is my phone charger.

Back