Sigma 10-20 Filter options.

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening all!

Was wondering if anyone had the above lens, and can recommend a filter system which will work without vignetting at 10mm? I've looked but the LEE series seems a little complicated, in terms of WA adaptors, Hoods, holders, how many slots, etc etc etc.

And is there a cheaper series which will do the job?

Just a quick Q if anyone has been in the same situation as me!

Ta in advance :D

If you already have a cokin P holder then take a junior hacksaw and some fine sandpaper cut off all but the rear filter slots ( your not likely to need to stack filters so one slot should suffice) this makes the holder shallow enough to not vignette on the sigma 10-20. Much cheaper than buying the more expensive Z filters Seemples!

And a fraction of the cost of the Cokin WA adaptor.

You can get a third party version of the cokin P wide angle adaptor as well.

I use the hitech system, similar in appearance to the Lee system but not as expensive. Its not really complicated in use.
Hitech system
If using it on the 10-20 I'd recommend the wide angle adaptor ring to avoid vignetting

+1 for the cokin p system. Get yourself a second holder and cut the outer slots off with a hacksaw to prevent vignetting. Or buy the wide angle one which is exactly the same just a 1x slot holder. I bought a cheap cokin copy off ebay and cut it down. Works perfectly

+1 for the cokin p system. Get yourself a second holder and cut the outer slots off with a hacksaw to prevent vignetting. Or buy the wide angle one which is exactly the same just a 1x slot holder. I bought a cheap cokin copy off ebay and cut it down. Works perfectly

:thinking: dont you read the other posts ? :LOL:

If you can afford it I would highly recommend the lee system. It's no mor complicated than any other system really.

ive just brought the sigma 10-20 and have been lookin at the hitech hoders ect. I think im rite in saying I need a 100mm or 100mm modular (not sure what the diff is?), a 77mm adaptor ring then the hard bit either reverse hard grade nd or just hard grade nd's 2&3 as im goin to be shootin mostly sunset/rises on the cost as I live in dorset (the rest can come lata as this will cost me enough!)

+1 I did this and it works brilliantly

Back