Sigma 135 Art for Canon

Name
Steven
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

The reputable review sites seem to speak highly enough of this lens optically that I'm considering it over Canon's 135mm

Has anyone had any experience with this lens on a Canon. I'm primarily interested in its ability to focus. I know that razor thin depth of field brings its own issues but I'm trying to figure out whether this still has the legacy reputation which Sigma lenses have for not focusing all that well with Canon bodies. (Or other ones for that matter).

Regards...

Hi,

The reputable review sites seem to speak highly enough of this lens optically that I'm considering it over Canon's 135mm

Has anyone had any experience with this lens on a Canon. I'm primarily interested in its ability to focus. I know that razor thin depth of field brings its own issues but I'm trying to figure out whether this still has the legacy reputation which Sigma lenses have for not focusing all that well with Canon bodies. (Or other ones for that matter).

Regards...

I haven't used the sigma lens but have used a lot of the art lenses and they seem to work a lot better then their older stuff.

I do love the canon 135mm f2 though and use it on my Sony a9 which works brilliantly. It can be found for LESS than £500.It's a lot lighter than the sigma and renders beautifully, so unless you are missing weather sealing, increased sharpness id stick with the 135m f2

Back