Silly - but I'm chuffed!

Name
Robyn
Edit My Images
No
Am just watching back the recording of the speedway from Sky Sports last night (It was an Ipswich meeting so I was at the track, hence watching it from Sky+ now).....just listening to the presenters talking about a young lad who rides for our side.....referring to a nasty crash he'd had the week before "hit the fence pretty hard as we can see from a picture in the programme....."......suddenly realised THAT'S MY PICTURE THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!!! Wooo! I've not had that many pics published in the matchday programmes yet and it's still a bit of a buzz seeing them in print, but that was even better! :D :D

Needed to get that off my chest! :D

LOL - not a chance!!

well done...big cheque in the post

nice one well done. :) In a similar vein I got this in an email tonight

Dod , is it possible for you to send pictures to TRIALS & MOTOCROSS NEWS, national MX paper. The editor needs pictures sent to him as original size or increased to 2048 pixels along the longest edge of pic, around 1mb. Only send 2 pics per mail, max 4 images.

Excellent - good on ya Dod! I stand NO chance whatsoever getting anything into the Speedway Star that I do know - a closed shop if ever there was one!

One of my images is in TMX this week, the lad who I supplied the photos to mentioned that they should credit the photo to me.

Pity I've never been paid for my articles at Christmas from both TMX and MCN, giving up on magazines, they seem to always rip me off!

But, congratulations!

Yours sulkily,
Carl.

CarlOgden said:
One of my images is in TMX this week, the lad who I supplied the photos to mentioned that they should credit the photo to me.

Pity I've never been paid for my articles at Christmas from both TMX and MCN, giving up on magazines, they seem to always rip me off!

But, congratulations!

Yours sulkily,
Carl.
Hmmmm :bat:

Congrats to you both, it is a nice feeling of validation when someone wants your work. Not better than cash but a whole more wholesome I'm sure.

Scre# em wheres the money, congrats

I know the feeling - gives a good buzz. Well done Witch...here's to many more :clap:

Dod - that's a good'n too (y)

regards

dod said:
Dod , is it possible for you to send pictures to TRIALS & MOTOCROSS NEWS, national MX paper. The editor needs pictures sent to him as original size or increased to 2048 pixels along the longest edge of pic, around 1mb. Only send 2 pics per mail, max 4 images.

I got a similar email. these guys must be using signal flags for their internet connection.

No need for them to be this size though as it'll take a few minutes to
download the suckers.. So if you could just re-size them to 2400 pixels
along longest edge.. 72 DPI and in J Peg format, that'll be fine.

CarlOgden said:
Sorted...Now I'm a happy chappy :clap:

Guess I'll be buying TMX on Friday :p

Carl.
Hope you bought one yesterday, you've another shot in ;)

Congratulations to you both :clap: , bet it feels great (y)

Congrats.

I've never had any pics published, but I've had ten PC games published; Hole in One, Double Top, Arcade Chess, Operation Overkill, Arcade Bowling, Maxx GP, Maxx Trucks, Maxx Powerboats, Tennis Ace, Par Fore.

I've seen all but the last two (they've been on sale I just can't be arsed to go look any more) on sale in shops such as Game/EB, Toys R Us etc, and was even stood behind some guy in the queue at Game five years ago - he was buying a copy of Hole in One - my first ever published PC game and STILL to this day hailed (in certain circles) as the best isometric golf simulation ever created.

There are some things/feelings money can't buy.

Back