Since the bombings in London, have you been out with your camera?

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
I was thinking of going out tomorrow morning, but have decided against it.

I was talking to Steve a couple of weeks ago, about going out early morning, and trying to capture some sort of sunrise / early morning shots over Manchester / City Centre, and we agreed this time of year would be the best time to do it, what with the sun rising so early that the place would be nice and quiet.

I was thinking about going out early tomorrow, but have decided against it, what with the current situation, and how jumpy some people might be.
Admittedly, I don't look like a Muslim terrorist, being a 6'4 16 st blonde haired blue eyed bloke, but still I'd rather not risk it.

So, since last week, have any of you been out with your cameras. Have you met any opposition? Any suspicious looks?

Regards

I wouldn't let it put you off doing your thing mate. I don't think anyone associates cameras with terrorism anyway. They'll probably just say "Look it's one of those strange photographer types - he probably collects beer mats or train numbers too." :D

Frankly, I really can't see why taking pictures would bother anyone, recent situation or not. I was out over the weekend taking pictures of the Festival of the River Mouth in North and South Shields and no-one batted an eyelid - why would they? I think getting up close to people when you photograph them is a good idea, as you can get a bit of chat going, whereas using a big lens from a distance tends to irritate.

Main message coming from London, is dont let them change the way you do what you do ! So i would go and take your pictures if you want to !

Giving in to this b******t is what they want, so dont give them the pleasure !

:)

I agree, it shouldn't put me off doing what I had planned to do.

I suppose it was just the thought of taking photos of buildings etc, in City Centre Manchester that was a bit worrying.

I'm a printer engineer.
My first call this morning is at the Control Tower in Aberdeen Airport.
My second call is in Inverness which is why the camera bag is inthe car.

You can be sure my camera bag will probably be staying at the security gate until I've finished the first job.

I posted a link to an article on UK Photographers' rights elsewhere but here it is again: http://www.steve-perks.com/UKPhotographersRights.pdf

I've printed some off to keep in the bag and if anyone challenges me I offer them a copy along with a 'business' card.

Thanks for that Bachs, it is something I've been meaning to read, this 'Photographers Rights' publication, just never got round to it.

I'll make myself a brew and have a read in 10 minutes ;)

Had the camera out at the Forres Highland games at the weekend. Blended right in as there were quite a few guys going about with DSLR's although I was a bit apprehensive about it before I went.

Bachs said:
I'm a printer engineer.
My first call this morning is at the Control Tower in Aberdeen Airport.
My second call is in Inverness which is why the camera bag is inthe car.

You got a good day for it, lovely day up here in sunny 'sneckie :)

lol @ Bod, photographers rights in the front of the site!

www.thephotographyforums.com

Thanks for the link again though Bachs, most people come straight to the forums so dont look at the front end anymore!

I have not yet been out to do any photography since the bombings but would approach it in exactly the same way as did before. Know your rights and be curtious, ignore the idiots and treat the thugs in the manner that they are acustomed.

Everyone gets what they expect and hopefully you get some good photos as well :)

The terrorists will start to win only if we let them, changing the way we do things is the first victory for them.

EosD said:
lol @ Bod, photographers rights in the front of the site!

www.thephotographyforums.com

Thanks for the link again though Bachs, most people come straight to the forums so dont look at the front end anymore!

Hehe I did have a quick peruse when it was first put on the main front end.
I've seen links to this PDF though all over the show, and been meaning to download it for keeps/print and for a proper read. Never got round to it though.
:p

Then would you mind untying me, and releasing my wife and children.

Bod said:
I don't look like a Muslim terrorist, being a 6'4 16 st blonde haired blue eyed bloke,
What, so that's not you in your avatar. :whistling :)

CT said:
he probably collects beer mats or train numbers too.
What's wrong with beer mats and train numbers like. :)
Have been out today and hopefully will have something for the comp this round, no probs just do it.

EosD said:

Doh...I think thats where I originally pinched it from before I joined up...apologies :nunu:

My feet have hardly touched the floor since last Thursday. Had to have a look in my Camera bag to remind me of what my Canon looks like.

Back