Single adults banned from falconry displays in case they're paedophiles...

Just went to local garden centre and it was full of paedophiles, I mean singles everywhere some had cameras they definitely there to take pictures of little ones I felt very unsafe with my 2 girls 3yrs and 10 mths old.

Worst of all there was a fat jolly man in a red suit white beard asking kids to sit on his knee needless to say I won't be visiting again.

P**** Finder General would have a field day lol

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Just went to local garden centre and it was full of paedophiles, I mean singles everywhere some had cameras they definitely there to take pictures of little ones I felt very unsafe with my 2 girls 3yrs and 10 mths old.

Worst of all there was a fat jolly man in a red suit white beard asking kids to sit on his knee needless to say I won't be visiting again.

P**** Finder General would have a field day lol

:rolleyes:

Sneaky bar stewards

You can't even go for a bit of winter plants, withlut tripping over them. Bet they were smiling too!

The poor mums need to have eyes in the back of their heads instead of sitting on them......

As has been said, this demonstrates a complete lack of accountability by Mr Mead. I wonder how many drunk drivers take that approach - I would have thought most would realise that it's more sensible to acknowledge their wrongdoing and face their penalty like adults. Interestingly, the officer who accosted Mr Mead could have been tipped off about his condition or else he would not have been on the scene ready to deal with the situation. Perhaps somebody was concerned about Mr Mead's condition and felt he should be stopped from driving, and had phoned the police. Alternatively perhaps he was in the habit of drinking and driving, and that was known. The fact is that in his defence this man appears to have acted dishonestly - perhaps this is another manifestation of a sense of entitlement as befits those born into money. His handling of Puxtongate amply demonstrates this - defiant to the end and no acknowledgement in any statements of the distress the 'no singles' policy can cause. I wonder if there has been any approach to the gentleman in the original story with any gestures of goodwill - good PR practice normally recommends this. What arrogance.

Seriously?! It's the 16th November and they already have a Santa? I wish they'd ban men in red suits until at least December. Ridiculous.

Sad but se placed were loading their shelves as early as the last week of September

But Santa in November... just grabbing the weekends....

But Santa in November... just grabbing the weekends....

we're having our works xmas meal in november - prices are cheaper than in December ;)

may be its the same there - got a cut price santa :LOL:

As has been said, this demonstrates a complete lack of accountability by Mr Mead. .

Obviously he was concerned that the officers concerned were a sinister gang of paedophiles (what with their both being men and not being acompanied by children) and was merely repositioning his car to ensure that they couldn't follow him home and abduct his children .... perfectly understandable :ROFLMAO:

The fact is that in his defence this man appears to have acted dishonestly - perhaps this is another manifestation of a sense of entitlement as befits those born into money. His handling of Puxtongate amply demonstrates this - defiant to the end and no acknowledgement in any statements of the distress the 'no singles' policy can cause. I wonder if there has been any approach to the gentleman in the original story with any gestures of goodwill - good PR practice normally recommends this. What arrogance.
My guess is he'll keep the same stance regardless of how many strongly worded emails he receives or how much distress it causes people unless ticket sales start dropping. If that happens his view point will change pretty quickly I imagine.

It's OK though - with a well connected dad those DUI's have a habit of magically disappearing from your record. Just ask 'Dubya'.

and they really suck at disabling comments - I notice you can also 'suggest edits' so i just bsuggested editing their admissions policy so it actually made sense.

I do feel a little sorry for the staff who are catching all this flack - you can bet that their CEO isnt dealing with comments personally... he may be too busy knocking back the doubles before potentially driving home half cut

I've tweeted them too. Their twitter account has pictures of children posted!

Do Legoland have a policy on single adults? I would love, love, love to go there one day, just to see the miniature village type stuff, but I can't help but feel I would stick out like a sore thumb, especially with a camera.

Thankfully I've just had a kid (not just so I can feel comfortable going to Legoland!), so in a few years I'm sure we will take him anyway.

Thankfully there are no zoos that I know of who even give single adults a second glance, I always go to the zoo on my own (usually with a very long lens) despite it often being rammed with school trips etc.

Last edited:
I've not read this entire post so apologies if I'm repeating other people - but I think this kind of attitude is about as far from meeting any kind of 'child protection' needs as you can get. It just feeds the paranoia and hysteria and I find it really sad and completely illogical.

I wonder how damaging this societal viewpoint has actually become. How many male primary school teachers are there now? Who among you would want to be a scout leader or youth worker etc? Kids needs positive male and female role models but I fear our younger generations are more likely to grow up cloaked in faux 'protection' that feeds a disgusting subtext of mistrust and assumption that a lone man is nothing but a threat.

I was having a vaguely similar conversation with a gynaecologist the other day. They were saying there has recently been a huge problem within the medical community resulting in a call for male gynaecologists. In gynaecology male doctors have been detered because of the risks of being accused of impropriety just for doing their job. The issue is, that if a specific career path is restricted to one gender, one gender alone will not be able to provide enough doctors who select that as their chosen course to supply the demand. It also seriously limits the 'talent pool'.

I've not read this entire post so apologies if I'm repeating other people - but I think this kind of attitude is about as far from meeting any kind of 'child protection' needs as you can get. It just feeds the paranoia and hysteria and I find it really sad and completely illogical.

I wonder how damaging this societal viewpoint has actually become. How many male primary school teachers are there now? Who among you would want to be a scout leader or youth worker etc? Kids needs positive male and female role models but I fear our younger generations are more likely to grow up cloaked in faux 'protection' that feeds a disgusting subtext of mistrust and assumption that a lone man is nothing but a threat.

I was having a vaguely similar conversation with a gynaecologist the other day. They were saying there has recently been a huge problem within the medical community resulting in a call for male gynaecologists. In gynaecology male doctors have been detered because of the risks of being accused of impropriety just for doing their job. The issue is, that if a specific career path is restricted to one gender, one gender alone will not be able to provide enough doctors who select that as their chosen course to supply the demand. It also seriously limits the 'talent pool'.

I've never personally been on the receiving end of the P bomb but have heard so many stories now that it makes me paranoid. I was at the local play park with my 3 year old daughter recently when another kid fell over and burst into tears. My natural instinct was to go over and help them up but I hesitated for fear of a tirade and in the end just made sure their parents had seen them, which they did after a good 30 seconds of wailing. Really sad that I even had to think about it.

I've never personally been on the receiving end of the P bomb but have heard so many stories now that it makes me paranoid. I was at the local play park with my 3 year old daughter recently when another kid fell over and burst into tears. My natural instinct was to go over and help them up but I hesitated for fear of a tirade and in the end just made sure their parents had seen them, which they did after a good 30 seconds of wailing. Really sad that I even had to think about it.

And that is the crux of the problem. I wonder how we fell into all this nonsense.

I have emailed my MP this morning in the hope that he has the nads to start a dialogue within parliament.

I pointed out that 'single' adult did not warrant either suspicion or any deviance from a norm. I also reminded him that sinhle adults still had the protection of the law and the carrying of a camera of any kind is not illegal and, at a guess, at any point in time 90% of the population will be carrying a camera of some kind.

Finally I suggested he put one of his researchers on the task of analysing the data of demographics of how many of his electorate are listed as living on their own (easy job) and to present the bigger picture tha multi occupancy households are fill of people who are sinle adultat times most days of the week.

From that the correlation of complaints of paedophile activity (reminding him tha paedolhiles are those (male or female) who are sexually attracted to pre-pubescent children and for the correlation of the fact that ALL his electorate are essentially single adults, that those figures be compared to ACTUAL proven outdoor paedophile activity in his constituency (as opposed to proven paedophile activity inside households, which is the usual place it happens). Once the numbers are crunched that he then stands up in protection from the 'stranger danger' mantra that predisposes that single adults are up to no good if they are anywhere in public places, entertaknment centres, shopping areas etc. Armed with the results he should share it with the other 634 members of parliament in the hppe that we start educating the imbiciles that equates adults on their own as potential paedophiles.

I have also sent links to Puxton park.

Sorry for the length of above but a run through of crime stats for the constituency does not separate 'kiddy fiddling' from the wider range of secual offences. My final point is the effect on the population without kids, with all the 'mummies' bleating on is to create a circle of fear that suddenly being around children is stressful, unwarranted and discomforting and he, as our MP should address the matter.

I await his response.

Time we fought back. I have 10 grandchildren and I am sick of all this 'P****' nonsense.

Last edited:
And that is the crux of the problem. I wonder how we fell into all this nonsense.

Nonsense is a fine way to put it. My mother has several photo albums from when my sister and I were growing up. There are some very significant 'firsts' in there. First visit to the swimming baths, first day at school, first nativity play, first sportsday etc, you get the idea. I have a 3 year old daughter and a son who is just 4 weeks old. I'm wondering how many of these key events I'll actually be able to photograph as they grow up.

Nonsense is a fine way to put it. My mother has several photo albums from when my sister and I were growing up. There are some very significant 'firsts' in there. First visit to the swimming baths, first day at school, first nativity play, first sportsday etc, you get the idea. I have a 3 year old daughter and a son who is just 4 weeks old. I'm wondering how many of these key events I'll actually be able to photograph as they grow up.

As a recent member of the parenthood club myself, this is something ive also been thinking about. Its upsetting to think that I might not be 'allowed' to photograph my own Daughter when she has her firsts, for fear of being branded a paedophile if I happen to include the child of one of these paranoid parents in the background of my shot.

Like many others, I currently avoid including children in my photos, as I really can do without being treated with suspicion by these people, which is a real shame.

I have emailed my MP this morning in the hope that he has the nads to start a dialogue within parliament.

I pointed out that 'single' adult did not warrant either suspicion or any deviance from a norm. I also reminded him that sinhle adults still had the protection of the law and the carrying of a camera of any kind is not illegal and, at a guess, at any point in time 90% of the population will be carrying a camera of some kind.

Finally I suggested he put one of his researchers on the task of analysing the data of demographics of how many of his electorate are listed as living on their own (easy job) and to present the bigger picture tha multi occupancy households are fill of people who are sinle adultat times most days of the week.

From that the correlation of complaints of paedophile activity (reminding him tha paedolhiles are those (male or female) who are sexually attracted to pre-pubescent children and for the correlation of the fact that ALL his electorate are essentially single adults, that those figures be compared to ACTUAL proven outdoor paedophile activity in his constituency (as opposed to proven paedophile activity inside households, which is the usual place it happens). Once the numbers are crunched that he then stands up in protection from the 'stranger danger' mantra that predisposes that single adults are up to no good if they are anywhere in public places, entertaknment centres, shopping areas etc. Armed with the results he should share it with the other 634 members of parliament in the hppe that we start educating the imbiciles that equates adults on their own as potential paedophiles.

I have also sent links to Puxton park.

Sorry for the length of above but a run through of crime stats for the constituency does not separate 'kiddy fiddling' from the wider range of secual offences. My final point is the effect on the population without kids, with all the 'mummies' bleating on is to create a circle of fear that suddenly being around children is stressful, unwarranted and discomforting and he, as our MP should address the matter.

I await his response.

Time we fought back. I have 10 grandchildren and I am sick of all this 'P****' nonsense.

I agee time we fought back,most of theses people who are jumping on the "P****" bandwagon don't really care about children,it just an excuse to their rather shallow lives there lead,look notice ME people :mad:

Last edited:

That would actually be a great introduction to a campaign to actually start fighting this paranoia - like you say, so many firsts our own parents were allowed to capture, that might be denied todays parents because of some perceived danger that in reality doesn't exist.

Already happened to me - wasn't allowed to take a photo of my daughter's first swimming lesson.
Such a shame.

Already happened to me - wasn't allowed to take a photo of my daughter's first swimming lesson.
Such a shame.

should have used your phone (like a genuine paedophile might) then they wouldnt have noticed ;)

My wife tried that when I went in the pool but they stopped her too.

Just revisited Puxton's Facebook page and some of my posts have mysteriously vanished...
So I restored them :)

They're even creating fake Facebook accounts to post shill comments. It's so pathetic!

A friend of mine, who is a professional publicity guru, told me recently that this practise is illegal.

difficult to prove though (and techically i think its only illegal if by doing so you are misleading visitors/customers)

I tried reporting the account to Facebook but it's been ignored.

Account created yesterday. Fake name. No photos. No status updates. No friends. Probably only posted on one page. Fishier than a haddock's codpiece.

They've now gone into overdrive with comment deletion. Only the shill's posts remain.
It appears they are determined to dig themselves out of the hole.

They've now gone into overdrive with comment deletion. Only the shill's posts remain.
It appears they are determined to dig themselves out of the hole.

Running scared.... Lot of single adults out there, when they try to go out on their own!

Last edited:
It's a shame, because I thought my gags about Santa were quite amusing. Oh well.

Disappointed that Facebook refuse to remove obviously fake accounts. I guess Puxton pay for adverts... (Allegedly)

Did you report them to Farcebook? Maybe if they get enough complaints they might do something about it. But probably not.

It does appear that the park's management are way out of their depth.

And now they've blocked me from commenting! Hilarious!

While out walking the dog last night, I noticed on a sign outside, that a hotel local to me runs paedophile nights on the first Saturday of every month. I suppose they are keeping them all in one place, which has got to be a good thing.

Yes, I think I should report them for the shilling. I'm afraid I'm not much of a Facebook user so can someone tell me how I do this?
Mobile app version: You need to click on the 'users' name/picture to go to their own page. Then select 'more' (the 3 dots) then 'report'. Then there's a range of options for dobbing them in.

Back