Skagen

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Skagen is the northernmost town in Denmark, located where the Baltic meets the North Sea. It's a curious place - not a great lot there, but a stop during a cruise a couple of weeks back gave me the chance to have a wander round.

1. Railtracks through town
Skagen train tracks by G- Slev, on Flickr

2. Traditional beacon
Skagen Beacon by G- Slev, on Flickr

3. Windmill
Skagen windmill by G- Slev, on Flickr

4. The Sand Covered Church
The sand covered church, Skagen - Den Tilsandede Kirke by G- Slev, on Flickr

5. Fishing fleet
Fishing fleet in Skagen by G- Slev, on Flickr

6. Aida Nova waiting for us to leave
Aida Nova outside Skagen Harbour by G- Slev, on Flickr

7. Random barn
Skagen Barn by G- Slev, on Flickr

8. Swedish Sailors' Church
The Swedish Sailor church in Skagen - Den Svenske Sømandskirke i Skagen by G- Slev, on Flickr

Great set, not sure if you have used a custom preset on these or not, but do like the processing.

Great set, not sure if you have used a custom preset on these or not, but do like the processing.
No, I process each one individually, but I usually end up following the same process. For some reason, everything came out a little vivid on my last cruise, but it was very sunny throughout so I suspect that in trying to actually get stuff to a place where it is usable, I ended pushing things a bit. Either that, or I have knocked a setting on my camera and not noticed!

No, I process each one individually, but I usually end up following the same process. For some reason, everything came out a little vivid on my last cruise, but it was very sunny throughout so I suspect that in trying to actually get stuff to a place where it is usable, I ended pushing things a bit. Either that, or I have knocked a setting on my camera and not noticed!
AHH okay, I like they way they look.

Your pictures capture the place very well. We also visited on a cruise a couple of years ago and enjoyed Skagen very much. It must be a challenge when the cruise ships visit for the locals.

Back