SLRHut 7D MK1 Package Deal

Edit My Images
No
Hello folks.

I think it's time to upgrade my aging Canon 40d and I had been looking at the 7D Mark II where prices seem to have dropped recently now that it's been out for a while.
While researching retailers and options, I came across what looks like a cracking deal from SLR Hut for the 7D Mark 1, a EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Lens and Speedlite 600EX-RT, all for £899.

http://slrhut.co.uk/product/ID1630C5/view

Both the camera and lens ( I currently have a 17-85 USM as a general walkabout ) would be a substantial upgrade for me and while I don't need the flash, I could sell it on making this a very good deal indeed. It's not the MKII I know but still a great camera and from what I've read the MKII offers many but not game changing features over the MK1. The MKII is off course more future proof so would keep me going for a few years longer.

This deal sounds almost too good to be true given the individual cost of the 3 items would be significantly more if bought separately from any retailer?
I wonder if SLR Hut provide these items in white boxes or retail packages.... I assume they will all be sealed and brand new ?

If anyone has any views or experience in a similar package from SLRHut, or in general for this deal I would be keen to hear them.

Thanks in advance.

They are cheap because SLR Hut are a 'grey' importer. Up to you if that's the route you wish to go down - you'll find a lot of discussion of 'grey' imports elsewhere on this forum so I won't regurgitate the arguments for/against here.

and in case those links are a bit too involved to read all the way through here's a TL: DR summary...

"Run Away. RUN AWAY. :runaway:"

also its cheap because its old stock - the 7d1 is unsaleable new - its about 400 second hand

I would not be as quick to bash slrhut, I had a great experience buying from them last month, a rather expensive lens at a great price which was delivered 3 days after I ordered it and, as a plus, it was a UK lens too (according to the warranty card)

Bought my Canon 15-85mm from them last year at a very good price, One thing they didn't mention was it was in a white box instead of retail. I placed my order, day or two later someone called me to ask if I needed anything else and few days later my lens was with me. No problems with purchase all was brand new and worked perfectly.

Back