Small lens for a big pitch

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,
I am trying my hand at sports photography this weekend at a few different local events (Running, rowing, cycling & bike polo). My biggest lens currently is a 70-200mm and I imagine most of the bike polo & rowing will be at a distance, so I may need to be a little more imaginative in the shots I try to achieve. Are there any tips or tricks that you can impart to ensure I get the most out of the experience.

Many thanks

Adrian

I have a 70-200mm. Done bike polo - polo velo - no problem as it was played on a rugby pitch. Choose your end, shoot what comes towards you :) Never done rowing, just don't fall in the water :)

Thank Photodiva, going to have fun with it.

Never done rowing, just don't fall in the water :)
I make no promises..got my feet wet, like an idiot, this morning photographing Rochester castle. Clumsy doesn't even start to explain it.

got my feet wet, like an idiot, this morning photographing Rochester castle. Clumsy doesn't even start to explain it.

In the Mudway? Lordy! Get an underwater camera LOL. Just don't try this when doing a cycle race!
GW-photoguy-630x420.jpg

Continuing the water theme of the weekend, got sodden feet (again) walking around the North Downs Run course today. Have only had a quick scan through, but the guys expression on the above interested me. Maybe with some minimal touch up work, might turn out ok...

Cough cough......still waiting to see photos from the bike polo :) hope the Guinness helped

Back