Daily snorton's 365 project - Calling It A Day I'm Afraid :(

So cracking stuff since I last visited Simon, I've got to say after a set back you've done really well to keep up the pace, and put out some cracking work the flowers are favorites as I love photo's of flowers :clap: but since my last visit it's gotta be that colourful portrait, I don't think I've ever seen some many colours on one woman :LOL: but I love it :clap:

Where have you gone Simon? This corner has gotten very quiet this last while:(

Nice work at the wedding! :)

Thank you.

Good job with the wedding shots Simon, i did laugh at the grooms expression in a couple of the shots. Enjoyed the blog write up too.

Cheers matey.

So cracking stuff since I last visited Simon, I've got to say after a set back you've done really well to keep up the pace, and put out some cracking work the flowers are favorites as I love photo's of flowers :clap: but since my last visit it's gotta be that colourful portrait, I don't think I've ever seen some many colours on one woman :LOL: but I love it :clap:

Hehehe she's like an explosion in a paint factory :LOL::LOL:

Trying to catch up with some threads today and you've certainly got some great shots, really loving the lighting and colours of day 72 of the toothpicks for some reason! (y)

Thank you.

Where have you gone Simon? This corner has gotten very quiet this last while:(

Still here....but been hectic recently and struggling in trying to catch up too.

Exactly 87? We're on 103 today :p

Hope you are recovered from the hangover :LOL:

Hehehe yeah now fully recovered....my god it was a belter of a hangover I'll tell you......but a full fat cake has brought me round :LOL: I have another one to eat but I'm under orders to save it for T :D

Right then, apologies for it being a bit quiet over here recently, busy with work and no real time to get out with the camera. Now it's my long weekend off and desperately attempting to catch up....yesterday was a write off due to waiting for a blinds salesman to come and then real ale festival last night (rather messy :D:D). Today well started with the mutha of all hangovers....and then ventured out only for the sun to be overpowered by miserable, dull grey skies....so ended up back home without a bloomin' shot....so going to try again tomorrow.

My only offering from today and the start of my major catch up is this.....Day 88...and summed my day up perfectly today...

8645039839_99620b68cc_b.jpg

Simon that is a very woeful effort - but real ales do give a blinder of a hangover - so I guess you are forgiven :LOL:

Very vibrant set of images, particularly the model, and excluding the last one ;)

Love your wedding series. How did you enjoy it? I shot an engagement party for some friends a while ago and it was an absolute nightmare. Really low light (i didn't have flash at the time) disco lights and lasers playing all kinds of havoc, and a completely different skill set to what I am used to. They said they were happy with the pictures, but I wasn't. Never again!

Full respect for getting such excellent images, I can appreciate what's involved.

Very vibrant set of images, particularly the model, and excluding the last one ;)

Love your wedding series. How did you enjoy it? I shot an engagement party for some friends a while ago and it was an absolute nightmare. Really low light (i didn't have flash at the time) disco lights and lasers playing all kinds of havoc, and a completely different skill set to what I am used to. They said they were happy with the pictures, but I wasn't. Never again!

Full respect for getting such excellent images, I can appreciate what's involved.

Thanks matey. To be honest it was a bit of a nightmare, mainly due to the weather spoiling the chance to get any nice outdoor shots with the church as a back drop. Lol if you check the link on my signature, there's a blog entry about the wedding :D:D. I've got another wedding in June, and the location is much better and hopefully it won't be snowing a blizzard or blowing a gale.

Day 88 is certainly a rainy day Simon !! Look forward to more of your catch series

Cheers matey.

Right then.....operation catch up continues.....

Day 89 & Day 90.

Day 89 No Pain No Gain

I was sent on a mission by a mate of mine, to babysit his missus while she had the mutha of tattoos done around her thigh...basically a red garter inked on :eek::eek:. Not sure who came off worse, her with all the screaming and shouting, and using every conceivable swear word possible....or my knuckles, being used as a stress ball :wacky::wacky:.
So before all the pain and screaming, this was the POTD...

8650924223_530389f96d_o.jpg

Day 90

Found an old PS CS2 disc and decided to try an HDR shot, as it's something I've never done before.

This is a shot of Hartshead Pike, a local Tameside landmark, originally used as a warning beacon for local garrisons in unrest during the Roman occupation of Britain. The tower was rebuilt in 1863 to commemorate the wedding of HRH Albert Edward to Princess Alexandra. In the 1930's the tower was opened to the public and contained a sweet shop, but was then closed and bricked up at the outbreak of the 2nd world war.

8653199280_644632b38d_b.jpg

Ok I'm slowly getting there with the catch up :D more to follow this week.

There really is something kind of pagan and special about Spring when it's finally sprung - I'm starting a scrapbook of 365 phallic symbols! :p:D

Well, just having a catch up.
Rainy window, think we can all relate to that over the past while with the weather.
Tattoo, why on earth did she put herself through that !!
Tower, like that one, lovely sky. Shame it's not still a sweetie shop though :( Might have been tempted to remove the pylons as well.

Loving the tattoo one!

I have a Rollei on my right thigh and a large Sweeney Todd portrait on the left one. Easy peasey! :LOL: :LOL:

I do love day 90!

now hurry up and post some more will you!!!:LOL::LOL::razz:

Evening peeps, well I have had to make the hard decision to put an end to my 365, more details here, but will still be around to support the rest of you guys and gals.

Thanks for your support and friendship so far, and will continue to post through my Facebook and Flickr, and will leave you with this shot, my fave from the shoot I did with rainbow model in January....cheers everyone :D

8675071821_f6dc0905a7_b.jpg

Great shot to finish on Simon. Sorry to see you go, i think i will be following you out that door shortly :( . The time just isnt there any more.

All the best.

Phil

Sorry to see you are going to stop on this, but I can see from your other post that you have some very good reasons for stopping. Good luck in your ventures. Thank you for the support you have shown me and my sporadic posting!

I'll miss you :crying:

Don't be a stranger....come back and tell me how amazing I am from time to time, OK? (you work with the public, you know how to lie!!).

Not a great poster of comments as I am, I have enjoyed looking through your thread. Good luck with your other photography stuff!

Cheers.

Sorry to hear you aren't posting here any longer, I've really enjoyed this thread (love the processing on that tattoo image).

I follow you on flickr, so looking forward to see how your work develops, and no doubt you'll see numerous favs from me (y) Good luck with it all!

Back