So what did Santa bring you?

jewel said:
Oh it's a long and boring story that nobody cares to hear about anyway. :p

marianne said:
we met on a photography site..... :snap2:

I think we need full details on both of these stories......but lets wait until after corry has finished first eh :)

well we started chatting in forums in 2003, went to a photo meet at a Zoo in the spring of 2004 ( I was with my soon to be ex, my youngest daughter and my eldest grand daughter)....hmmmm...now that day was a bit special...then I had an exhibition of my work in Southampton Guildhall and Barry came to see it and the rest is history. A lot more was going on in the background, on both sides. We started seeing each other when we could, I moved to be with Barry at the end of May last year and have never been more happy.....so now you now! This is a VERY condensed version of events mind you lol

Marianne said:
well we started chatting in forums in 2003, went to a photo meet at a Zoo in the spring of 2004 ( I was with my soon to be ex, my youngest daughter and my eldest grand daughter)....hmmmm...now that day was a bit special...then I had an exhibition of my work in Southampton Guildhall and Barry came to see it and the rest is history. A lot more was going on in the background, on both sides. We started seeing each other when we could, I moved to be with Barry at the end of May last year and have never been more happy.....so now you now! This is a VERY condensed version of events mind you lol

Wow, that is quite the story Marianne. Condensed I'm sure,lol. Glad things worked out for the two of you. You hear about so many people nowadays meeting on the net, they don't always have happy endings. Good for you guys.

Jules.

i met my wife in a pub, how old fashioned is that!

I met my wife on what was more or less a blind date. My mate was going out with a lass and he took me along for moral support. They split up and we've been together about 24 years:shock:

Marianne said:
well we started chatting in forums in 2003,....................................... I moved to be with Barry at the end of May last year and have never been more happy.....so now you now! This is a VERY condensed version of events mind you lol

Actually, we haven't had the New Year yet Marianne.... so you moved in May this year. :exit:

Oh, and I'm very happy too! Just that my lenses disappear now and then....

I met my wife by saying to my friends then girlfriend "You haven't got any nice mates have you?".

Sad I know but in my defense it was said as a joke, and she did surprise me when she said "Well, actually".
But hey, I have no shame, because it bagged me the best wife any man could ever wish for :)

Met mine in a nightclub.
I so wish I'd stayed in to watch telly instead...

nice to know the story you guys, i know you from the "other" forum. :D

well i met my wife at 15, got married at 17 and been going strong for 15 years. 3 lovely boys 16, 14 and 5 and only 33 :doh:

goodness you started young Barry, I thought I was bad having my first at 18, she's 30 now, married and has two darling little girls....
I have four children, Ali 30, Edd 26, Loz 22 and Maisie 10, was married for just over 30 years and during the last 5 years of that marriage I learnt to be myself by going to college and doing a BTec in Computer Graphic Art, got 5 distinctions and a job at a University in the Marketing Department as soon as I completed the course! Had to leave that job behind me when I moved to Cambridgeshire to be with my Barry, still looking for work in that department though.....in the meantime I am starting a job on Jan 9th sewing beads onto wedding dresses, how diverse is that? lol

it was the urges lol, no regrets for us with having kids young, we feel were still young enough to do what we want now we have a built in babysitter as hes sixteen, my wife just took up her first ever job as a housekeeper at a local hotel, i can work away from home with no worries.

Good on you for taking plunge and packing job in etc. Great potential photography too of wedding dresses for clients with your new job.

Nothing. Nada. Sweet FA.

Bought myself a 250Gb HD 3 weeks ago, which doesn't really count...

So that's what happens when you go under cover?

Santa can't find you .....:thumbdown:

I met my fella via the internet too :woot: Hence the reason I've been uprooted from Yorkshire

jewel said:
I think everyone has crossed paths thanks to the good ole internet,lol

Another one here...good old MSN chatroom for me and a very bizzare chance meeting.
Within 6 months of chatting online I loaded all my worldy possesions into a Vauxhaull Astra and headed north up to Scotland from Wigan.
Got married 2 years ago and never been happier (a 17-40L would put the cherry on the cake though)

I met me soon-to-be ex in a chatroom. We were together for over four years.

Ah well.

I was rude about Santa Claus and he must have overheard what I said, and the Silly Old Barsteward went straight past my house:smilenod:

Back