Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
A Wacom graphics tablet here.
Feels like I'm drawing with an apple now when I use the mouse :p

Plus the usual...aftershave etc etc.

Opened early...Angle Finder C and flash diffuser bag for the 580EX

He got me a living room full of wrapping paper.

I got an ' I-O-U ' for any lens i want to get:D :D :D

so its lookin like a sigma 170-500 APO for me

MyPix

Tickets to Autosport International in January, subscription to EVO magazine and season 1 & 2 of Scrubs :)

Santa bought the other half some Agent Provocateur underwear (really a present for me muahaha) and a .35ct diamond engagement ring - the answer was a resounding YES wooooooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooo

evilowl said:
Tickets to Autosport International in January, subscription to EVO magazine and season 1 & 2 of Scrubs :)

Santa bought the other half some Agent Provocateur underwear (really a present for me muahaha) and a .35ct diamond engagement ring - the answer was a resounding YES wooooooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooo

Congratulations :)

Boringly practical - new electric shaver, but it just took me two minutes to shave instead of 20. :D

evilowl said:

Nice one! Congratulations! :D

Ditto evilowl :)

Usual stuff here too. Daughter bought us a night out to theatre + food in January, and I have £300 towards a lens that I don't need to justify the need for :D

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Santa brought me all the usual pap PLUS a Manfrotto 190ProB tripod :woot: ... but forgot to bring me a head for it :doh: :banghead: Any reccommendations? :ponders:

Congrats Evilowl... I'll remember the sexy underwear idea for next year, it definately a gift you can both enjoy!!

I was bad last year so I got nothing :(

congrats evilowl!

santa got me a nikon sb-600 ooh what fun ive had blinding my family this morning :)

Congrats Evilowl:thumb:

DVD Box set of complete series of Cold Feet , plus a Roberts DAB tuner (very cool & retro)

I was left a Manfrotto tripod and head by the bloke in red this morning, along with some other bits and bobs :)

He also left one of those canon selphy printer things for the wife so she doesn't need to both using the pc for printing pics off her Ixus, by strange turn of fate, the 20d will plug into it aswell :whistle2:

hi guys
i got some epson top quality printer paper, walking/monopod, digital photo cd and i hopefully will get a cheaper BGE3 battery grip in the sales.
usual socks, aftershave etc, but a great christmas.
stevannie

Steep said:
I was bad last year so I got nothing :(

NOTHING............ I hope 2006 does better for you mate..:(

Interfit Stellar 150 flash head and some accessories (stand, brolly, etc) for combined B/Day and Xmas pressies, Jeremy Clarkson DVD, and the best pressy of all was seeing the look on the kids' faces when they came downstairs and saw the Christmas tree lit up like... well... a Christmas tree, really! (I never put the tree up until 24th Dec, so they really weren't expecting that!)

naff all, but the whole family, which rocked.

Got some cash to spend though, so am pondering that.....

Stephen Hawkins " A brief history of time" Andy McNabs, new book, Rangers Fc "best matches" dvd, and horribly stylish clothes that my wife insists i need as i have the fashion sense of my dad :nut:

Barry
I got Aggressor as a birthday pressy a couple of weeks ago, i've not started to read it yet. Hope it's as good as some of the others were....and also better than a few of the others. ;)

Well im about 80 pages in, a bit lost as to whom hes working for, it seems to have backtracked a bit. I have all his books now and agree, some were fantastic and a couple not so hot, im still in awe at his bravo 2 zero and immediate action, they were fantastic. Chris Ryan is a close favorite and best of all i think was " The eye of the storm" written by the RSM Paul Ratcliffe (if i remember right), which was his take on the bravo 2 zero mission and other stuff.

Subscription for Digital Photography, photography book, nice top, smelly stuff, cd's and dvd's and some money to spend, wondering what to spend it on.

Most of all though, a healthy and happy family. :thumb:

Mike

Oooh a new Andy McNab, I'll keep an eye out for that when it comes out in paperback. I have them all now except for the first three. Keep meaning to buy them. I've read them though.

All damn fine books except for the last one. Which was good, just not up to his usual stuff. It seemed to lack something. (Besides his adopted daughter..lol)

I bought my 50mm lens a week or so ago so that counts as a present, and I also got "The Annabel Williams book of wedding and portrait photography" form the in-laws.

Other than that... I got a snuggly warm jumper for those cold days when I get chance to go out and take pictures :)

Got some cash which I think will be invested in one of the Selphy printers, clothes, usual stuff, and "The Broons" annual. How sad is that for a 42 year old :D

I'm a fan of Chris ryan's stuff too,

the watchman and land of fire were gripping reads.

back to Mcnab, I quite enjoyed deep black and dark winter, last light was the weakest so far for me.

I was looking at annabel william's site the other day too.

I've been reading a few Chris Ryans (I think it was on your reccomendation a couple of years ago df).
Anyway, Land of Fire was a particularly good read, as was the, er, other one that I can't remember the name of..lol
I currently have The Increment sat next to my bed waiting to be given a good flicking through. Not had chance yet.

McNab though, my personal favourite of the Nick Stone series (Ie after the first 3), has to be the one with the old woman friend, the one where he meets Josh in the US who is working on the President day thing where the kids are doing that quilt.
Thingy Four was it? The name of the security base (which was the name of the book). I'd have to go in the living room to check. I'm terrible with names..lol

Braeden said:
The Broons?
They're a fictional family from a comic sketch series in the Sunday Post. Someone gave me one years ago and it's just sort of became a standard pressie :)

http://www.thatsbraw.co.uk/

I got:

Motorola v525 phone (had this a few days following an 'accident' with my old one)
Fast charger for camera batteries
Whisky miniatures
Jellybabies!!!
Thorntons chocolates

There were, of course, things I would have swapped all of it and more for; Good health for my family (don't ask), a decent job and a happy relationship. Oh, and a Decree Absolute from the ex.

:)

I got a couple of jigsaws, a watch from my daughter, some hankies.

Everything I've mentioned that I wanted :D It only took 28 years to get presents I actually want, at last! :D

However, there was one thing missing that I really wanted, and thats a selection box. My wife cheekily said "I'm waiting for the sales when they're dirt cheap...and laughed". (In reality she forgot I asked her for it, as it was in June..lol)

Not to worry, I got her a big Toblerone bar which she has always wanted, so I can do some damage to that instead :D

The dog got this soft toy thing which she was playing with all morning, then I spotted it was falling apart. She never EVER destroyed any toys before (she's 5) and I think it was just faulty and nobody noticed before.

Had to take it off her so she didn't choke on any of it. It felt like I'd taken a toy off a little kid. She cried for ages. :( :( :(

Well even at my age there is always something different that comes along..:grinshake

None of you guy's got what I got here..

If you can't read it I shall update this thread soon.

Guess away guy's..:ponders:

All taken with my Sigma 150mm Macro..:clap:

todgertool.jpg

Also some nice truffles..:)

chocolate-truffles.jpg

GfK said:
She never EVER destroyed any toys before (she's 5) and I think it was just faulty and nobody noticed before.

Had to take it off her so she didn't choke on any of it. It felt like I'd taken a toy off a little kid. She cried for ages. :( :( :(

Soft toys last about 5 minutes with my dog, she has various bits of toy floating about all over the house, some in favour some out depending on her mood. (typical female ;) )

Back