So what FILM related pressie did Santa bring you this Christmas?

Books galore...

California Trip (Denis Stock)
Magnum Streetwise
Duffy Photographer

And camera of an unmentionable make, model and type which can share it's lenses with my EOS 3. Like the EOS 3 it's full frame, whatever that means.

Sorry, 'it's lenses' should read 'its lenses', init? Just slipped in a naughty comma there.

Heh, well I missed it.

Not sure what I'll do with it tbh. I've been looking at paper negatives and photograms but it feels like a waste. It wasn't cheap paper. I suspect it'll end up in the classifieds here and on eBay.

Edit to add: We are thinking of moving next year, and I have suggested a space for a dedicated darkroom. So I may end up keeping it. Enlarging to 16x12 though is a step up from what I'm used to. Biggest I've ever done is 8x10.

Of course you should move nearer to Crewe...no ulterior motive like being able to let close personal friends use any prospective darkrooms... walks away whistling....

California Trip (Denis Stock)
Great book. Bought mine as soon as it was reissued.

Of course you should move nearer to Crewe...
I did toy with the idea of setting up a community darkroom earlier in the year, but the prospect of moving house (and potential redundancy) has put it on hold. If I move darn sarth though, I'll be in touch :)

Last edited:
I did toy with the idea of setting up a community darkroom earlier in the year, but the prospect of moving house (and potential redundancy) has put it on hold. If I move darn sarth though, I'll be in touch
No idea what access you have around your house Ian, but something like this would be a lot cheaper than moving house. :thinking:

Last edited:
Wow... I wonder if you can get them to leave the windows out? It would be like a mini version of @thedarkshed !

The steel shutters would work well with a little addition of foam light seals, have walked into many of these with the shutters closed and are quite dark without any extra seals. Oh the joys of site food hygiene audits !

Last edited:
My mom give me a couple of fuji gold 35mm film. I'm new to film photography, still learning with a Nikon FM 2
And welcome to f and c Fariz, you have an excellent camera to learn on and if you have any questions please feel free to ask, there are many, many, many years of experience on this forum and we love to share :D

So my family hate me because I'm one of those awkward sod's whose birthday is just before Christmas.

But I must have been in the family's good books this year because overall I received the following:

Fantastic condition F2S & 50mm f2.0 lens:

Nikon F2S by Anthony JC, on Flickr

Another Nikon Item, this time a quite rare 135mm f2.0 beast:

Nikon 135 f2. 0 by Anthony JC, on Flickr

A copy of Moonshots - A great hefty book with fantastic pictures taken on Hassey's

Moonshots Book by Anthony JC, on Flickr

Bellini 6 bath E6 kit & Paterson 3 way timer....

:)

Last edited:
I've got some money to spend and only found out yesterday that Ffordes are now stocking Ilford chemicals and Paterson darkroom kit, as well as film. Since it costs a fortune to get chems sent to the Highlands, a trip in the next few days to support them seems to be in order. :)

Done, and escaped without giving in to temptation. :angelic:

20200108_141916_resized-tp.jpg

Back