Some kids watch too much rugby on telly

Name
Duncan
Edit My Images
Yes
Caught this one of a lad scoring a try at a schools rugby league tournament in Glasgow through the week. It was on artificial turf, and the damage caused on landing left him unfit for the next game...

5480943115_b2242d3c15_o.jpg

Last edited:
Think we can blame Chris Ashton for this one Duncan. Nice sharp capture(y)....Mick

what a twit.. emmm what are the blue cones all about and the gloves.. dosn't look right without dirt either.. silly plonker he was

So much misplaced youthful enthusiasm and it ends badly, sad. Just hope it doesnt stop his efforts in the future. As was said, Ouch!!

what a twit.. emmm what are the blue cones all about and the gloves.. dosn't look right without dirt either.. silly plonker he was

The cones are usually used to mark out a reduced sized pitch, as for the gloves, pose factor I suspect.

As for the injuries....

...pain is a great teacher, and in this case he has probably not only educated himself, but the rest of the players there as well. Taking one for the team; good lad!! :LOL:

Brilliant. Got to love his enthusiasm for the sport, and although he was out for his next game should not deter him doing this again in future....just maybe next time not on an artificial pitch.

nice shot even if the kid is mimicking Chris Ashton.. Kind of hard to say coming from an avid welsh supporter.

Dived once like that in my career to put us in front in an amature rugby league semi final stood up to see the coach taking me off and was meet with "you daft git you could have injured yourself not that it matters your dropped for next game."

He gave in and put me on the interchange bench but I learnt my leson, keep your dives for afterwards in the bar it dont hurt half as much after 5 pints :)

What a fantastic shot, my first thought when seeing the AstroTurf was ouch that's gonna hurt and that was before reading all the comments. I have to wonder why on earth rugby was being played on the stuff, if its wet and muddy that's half the fun, I know a few teams that have pitches right next to rivers and only ever cry off the game if the river is literally covering the pitch by at least and inch :)

Matt
MWHCVT

Gloves are to keep the hands warm - reall useful in this inclement, cold weather. Plus they have grippy palms which means you get a grip onthe ball better.

It looks like a 3G pitch not astroturf. It'd the stuff that Saracens want to build their new pitch out of. It's good stuff. It mean rugby can actually be played rather than not. The only thing it doesn't like is snow.

Like the shot nice and sharp, would love to see our national team score any type of try!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks like a 3G pitch not astroturf. It'd the stuff that Saracens want to build their new pitch out of. It's good stuff. It mean rugby can actually be played rather than not. The only thing it doesn't like is snow.

Quite right Helen, that's what it was. I was quite impressed with the surface, proper fake grass, so to speak. Still not enough of a cushion to fall onto from that height though.

This was at the back pitches at Scotstoun Stadium. There were games going on on the proper muddy pitch next door as well.

Didn't manage to get a shot of the landing. It was a bit of a snatched shot and I lost focus as a set of football goals lying behind the pitch got in the way.

Love the capture, but Rugby isn't Rugby without MUD. Although, my wife would love that pitch lol

Back