Some members eh?

I'm finding this thread rather distasteful. Let's all "guess" by identifying the person we think deserves a ban, ie the person we think is the nastiest, rudest, etc.

Is this really the kind of community spirit we want to foster?

It's just a feeler thread ,name some names ,then the mods or rockers for that matter can keep a eye on them . We are just doing the dirty work for them grassing up all the bad asses .
On the other hand hissy-Phit could end it all today and tell us who it is .

And then we can all go I thought it was them all along :exit::exit::exit:

I'm finding this thread rather distasteful. Let's all "guess" by identifying the person we think deserves a ban, ie the person we think is the nastiest, rudest, etc.

As someone who has been nominated at least twice so far, I certainly don't find it insulting or poor community spirit. Quite amusing really.

So 5 letters liverpudlian name beginning with N ? Lol
Nope its still not him :p
Most people are trying to second guess the already banned member, and their reincarnation.
No one is trying to get anyone banned, as below its a bit of fun.
As someone who has been nominated at least twice so far, I certainly don't find it insulting or poor community spirit. Quite amusing really.
:agree: not that i was nominated ,but it was just a bit of fun ,and i have had plenty aimed at me in the past

OK guy's I guess its time to wrap this up.
This member hasn't been around for a few days now, when normally he's pretty active.
I'm guessing he has twigged ;)

So as per a few posts ago the banned member was new2me
The reincarnation is nickEnackEnoo

For a few months I never even noticed him, then a few comments aimed at me / posting style / comments in private from other members, made me start to dig around.
I had a feeling I knew who it was, but I couldn't ban someone for a duplicate account on a "feeling"
It took awhile to be 100% sure it was the same person. And then Bingo!
Just what I was looking for appeared.

Now obviously I can't say what the couple or so bits of irrefutable evidence are, as I know he will try again.

See you on the other side Neil (y)

And maybe, just maybe, if you keep your head down, don't mod bait or follow me around, you may just get "second time lucky" ;)

Last edited:

Make it three times, I nominate you for not liking nurses enough. :LOL: :exit::exit:

Here are my thoughts on the situation of banned member's sneaking back in under a different user name.

First thought is do not do it.

Secondly, depending on the seriousness of the initial ban, wait a respectable amount of time then eat some humble pie, contact the site admin and apologise for the actions that saw you banned and ask about the possibility of you being allowed back.

This is a fairly friendly and laid back forum so you may get some millage doing this.

First thought is do not do it.
It is obviously against the rules.
Secondly, depending on the seriousness of the initial ban, wait a respectable amount of time then eat some humble pie,
The problem is Keith some try to come back with an aggressive contact us, not the way it works is it ? ;)

apologise for the actions that saw you banned
Again the problem with that is, people are warned several times before they get a ban, unless of course its a spammer.
Unfortunately they don't take the hint / advice and continue, *they* are not likely to eat humble pie, but of course we will always discuss a request.

@Cobra

The Jaffa cakes are out for delivery....Cocretee Cow Land get the fresh stock.....

Can`t the staff or mods find out if the banned person comes back by just checking the persons IP address :)
No, because its very easy to change IP addresses, the "Clever ones" also use proxy addresses, very difficult to "match" ;)

That`s a shame then.
It would make our life a little easier, but then again, sometimes I'll check an IP address and it comes back with half a dozen matches,
Who I know couldn't possibly the same person.
So all in all, its pretty unreliable...

OK guy's I guess its time to wrap this up.
This member hasn't been around for a few days now, when normally he's pretty active

Aww bugger! :( I'm busy for a couple of days & miss all the guessing game fun. :rolleyes:

I was sure it was gonna be .......... (the poster with a few vowels in his sig. & links to Spain. :D )

;)

Again the problem with that is, people are warned several times before they get a ban, unless of course its a spammer.
Unfortunately they don't take the hint / advice and continue, *they* are not likely to eat humble pie, but of course we will always discuss a request.

I think this is a very good rule that staff and the mods have, before I came to this forum I got kicked off another forum. For a week or too I was gutted, but now I have settled in here on TP I would never be stupid enough again to get kicked off, so to the staff and mods, I think it`s a great rule to have, ie give the person a warning :)

Last edited by a moderator:
And now it's been done this seems about the most appropriate

View: https://youtu.be/kwC_IaY3BmY

As a sidelines anyone else notice the correlation between contentious members and those that limit access to their profiles :LOL:

As a sidelines anyone else notice the correlation between contentious members and those that limit access to their profiles :LOL:
I wasn't aware you could limit access to profile pages, I just had to look at mine and yours to see what was there and to be honest, I can't find any reason for anyone wanting to limit access anyway, other than showing peoples posts, they don't exactly offer much information.

I wasn't aware you could limit access to profile pages, I just had to look at mine and yours to see what was there and to be honest, I can't find any reason for anyone wanting to limit access anyway, other than showing peoples posts, they don't exactly offer much information.

Oh yes you can make it so other members cannot open your profile, not really sure why other than it makes it that little bit harder to see or find posts by that member, it likely also limits the ability to send a PM but I'm not sure and don't really worry about it, but I have noticed that it often seems to be the members that have a habit of being a bit of a dick that tend to utilise this feature

I think this is a very good rule that staff and the mods have, before I came to this forum I got kicked off another forum.
/Makes note ... Trouble maker one to watch :p
:D

, they don't exactly offer much information.
They contain as much or as little as people want to add.

, but I have noticed that it often seems to be the members that have a habit of being a bit of a dick that tend to utilise this feature
Matt has the answer :D

Thing is though they can not hide from admin/mods

It is like people who hide their online status and then post on the forum.... errm.... hello!

It is like people who hide their online status and then post on the forum.... errm.... hello!
That'll be me then :wave:
( I think)

Plus of course "We" can see who is on line even if they are in stealth mode. Predator 1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @Tori_T :p

( for the rest of you Tori added the emote )

Back